Fernando Torres

maqroll

Anyone else loving the sight of him failing so hard at Chelsea? I used to like the guy, but as soon as things got a little hard at Liverpool he sulked and quit. He represents all that is wrong in football. No loyalty, all money and the quickest road to glory. F*ck him. I look forward to hearing the boos cascade down on him at Stamford Bridge when he continues to suck.

It's becoming laughable now - last night he made no impact upfront whatsover and he still doesn't look fit/interested!!!

Is this the worst transfer ever????

I think pound for pound, yes!!!! He even beats Juan Sebastian Veron's two moves in the Premier League to ManUre and Chelski for mega bucks!!!

I love the guy, unbelievable footballer when on form. He is one of my favourite footballers to watch in the league. I dont get why people are happy that he is not playing well?

He represents all that is wrong in football. No loyalty, all money and the quickest road to glory. F*ck him.

I dont get this buddy? No loyalty...since when was he a Liverpool fan?

All money? Its a job, i dont get this obsession with how much footballers earn, they didnt ask to be paid millions a year its just the career they're in. If someone offers him £5m a year do you think hes going to say 'no thats too much!'?

Quickest road to glory? Liverpool were the ones making all the promises, they were they ones who broke those promises. He came to play Champians League football, when they failed to qualify he said he would stay to help them get back into it, they have failed again to qualify for next years competition so hes moved on...i dont see what the problem with that is?

it's very funny indeed, he looks absolutely lost whenever he's on the pitch.

on the other hand he's pretty much cost Ancelotti his job which is annoying because a) Abramovich signed him and insists he plays and B) Ancelotti is a classy guy and it'll be a shame when he goes.

If you watch him, he always seems to hang behind the furthest defender away from the ball. There were several times last night where Chelsea were breaking and I was thinkinking "Where is Torres?!", only to spot him lingering behind one of the United defenders. When a ball is put into the box from wide, he always seems to hang by the back post, and the ball never seems to reach him. He almost plays like I used to for Tewkesbury Dynamos at right back when I would make a concerted effort to avoid being given the ball.

I have no sympathy whatsoever, fact is if Bent hadn't scored by now he and Villa would have been criticised for days, Torres doesn't score, it's the teams fault, we'll see the best of him next season. Sorry if you pay that amount you expect more and it does not surprise me that he's struggling.

Torres likes to play on the shoulder, Chelsea play a pressing game which box opposing teams in their own half while Chesea effectivly play the match in the opposition half leaving no room for Fernando to get in behind.

It really is as simple as that.

I love the guy, unbelievable footballer when on form. He is one of my favourite footballers to watch in the league. I dont get why people are happy that he is not playing well?

He represents all that is wrong in football. No loyalty, all money and the quickest road to glory. F*ck him.

All money? Its a job, i dont get this obsession with how much footballers earn, they didnt ask to be paid millions a year its just the career they're in. If someone offers him £5m a year do you think hes going to say 'no thats too much!'?

Quickest road to glory? Liverpool were the ones making all the promises, they were they ones who broke those promises. He came to play Champians League football, when they failed to qualify he said he would stay to help them get back into it, they have failed again to qualify for next years competition so hes moved on...i dont see what the problem with that is?

I love it when anyone from any other club plays poorly....especially ones who ditch their previous club during a little rough patch. It's pretty simple. And Liverpool hadn't failed to qualify for the CL when he left, it was in January, still early days, and they still had time to make a run, which in fact, they have. And with him still there, maybe they would have a chance at qualification.

I love it when anyone from any other club plays poorly....especially ones who ditch their previous club during a little rough patch. It's pretty simple. And Liverpool hadn't failed to qualify for the CL when he left, it was in January, still early days, and they still had time to make a run, which in fact, they have. And with him still there, maybe they would have a chance at qualification.

Seriously mate, as sure as ive got a hole in my arse, they were never ever going to make 4th this season!

He agreed to stay if they qualified. They failed to do that. He left to get CL football. It's pretty simple.

Liverpool were never going to qualify for the Champions League this season, with or without Torres. Even with their recent run of good form compared to some stuttering from Spurs and Man City they still have no chance. Torres was well within his rights to leave.

Football is a strange sport, mostly because fans are emotionally involved, but I dont see how Torres leaving Liverpool for Chelsea is any different to Torres leaving Athletico Madrid for Liverpool. It's the way the game goes, and with three league titles and with eight trophies in the last six years (three titles, three FA cups, two league cups) there is no way that Liverpool fans can argue that Chelsea havent been winning more of late than they have. I think Chelsea will finish above Liverpool in the table this season, I think they will finish above Liverpool next season and the season after that.

Torres has had a horrible start to his career, but I wouldnt write him off just yet. I think this summer will be his first summer off since 2007 (Euro '08, Confederations Cup '09, World Cup '10) and he will be back in August as fresh as a daisy for the first time since his debut season in England. He has it in him to score 30 goals and win the league with Chelsea next season, something which wouldnt happen at Anfield.

Definitely a square peg in a round hole atm. But did'nt he do the same for Spain?

I think he's severely lacking confidence, rather than being sulky and when he gets it back he'll be banging them in again from all over..........just maybe not in a Chelsea shirt!

Fair enough, the CL wasn't in the cards...but you want to see players fight for their club. It's not like they were going to get relegated. It would have been good to see Torres fight for the club and supporters that treated him so well...instead, he walked. That just doesn't sit well with me. That's why I like watching him struggle now.

8)

Â