Scientific Experiment V3#05-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager these past two (and a bit) months?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager these past two (and a bit) months?

• Oui
    • Non

No. I find it hard to believe anyone could vote yes.

I think Houllier COULD turn it around (not saying he necessarily will), but that doesn't change the fact that the past 2 months have been basically awful.

I think, I believe, some of the reasons for our poor performances and results have been injuries and suspensions, basic errors on the field AND these off-the-field problems, reports and rumours. And we have had LOTS of them. I don't blame Houllier for these.

It's immensely generous to exempt H from the blame for all off-the-field problems. What about him alienating some of our players by public criticism via the press? Must have had some impact!

I think the phrase they call it is day-dreaming Briny :winkold: It's a completely non-sensical arguement.

I think, I believe, some of the reasons for our poor performances and results have been injuries and suspensions, basic errors on the field AND these off-the-field problems, reports and rumours. And we have had LOTS of them. I don't blame Houllier for these.

It's immensely generous to exempt H from the blame for all off-the-field problems. What about him alienating some of our players by public criticism via the press? Must have had some impact!

I think the phrase they call it is day-dreaming Briny :winkold: It's a completely non-sensical arguement.

My vote this month is "Oui", and it is still MY vote, YOU can't change that, no matter how hard YOU try.

Hungover now. To qualify, I think man city and wolves were the big crap bits of the last two months. Otherwise it'I not been too bad considering the ever changing defence and some players being idiots. I am someone who generally has next to no sympathy for players laments, so managers who are prepared to cut those with crap attitudes do well with me. I admit i'm being generous, but i like gh so im predisposed a bit towards the benefit of the doubt. But away you go rip the argument to shreds etc.

No. I find it hard to believe anyone could vote yes.

I think Houllier COULD turn it around (not saying he necessarily will), but that doesn't change the fact that the past 2 months have been basically awful.

Exactly my point of view.

I do think he has the potential to turn it round though, but it will require significant overhaul of the team (starting with the defence) and possibly a change in coaching staff / assistant manager.

I'm not sure whether it would be easier and more cost effective to just cut our losses with Houllier and bring in Moyes or someone similar at the end of the season.

i'm in 2 minds.

i think i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.... though if you had asked me after the Wolves match when i was very angry, it would have been a definite NO.

Does this have to be repeated ad nauseum. This poll is not about whether you want him to stay or not, it is the approval poll for the last two months of fixtures

Amazing how many have not grasped what this poll is actually for. Its clearly not to say if you want Houllier sacked or not but is approval of results/job he has done over the last two months and based on that it is quite staggering that some approve of just 1 win in 8 games, losing 4, sinking to 16th in Premiership and dumped out of FA Cup.

IF we stay up and he stays here, it'll be much the same next year, so whats the point.

Would be much happier if he begged Phil Thompson or Uncle Fester into becoming his number 2 though.

i'm in 2 minds.

i think i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.... though if you had asked me after the Wolves match when i was very angry, it would have been a definite NO.

Does this have to be repeated ad nauseum. This poll is not about whether you want him to stay or not, it is the approval poll for the last two months of fixtures

i know, i know.

and based on the last two months, i am undecided whether i approve or not. and i probably won't have decided until i can look back on it in hindsight from the final position of the season.

It's like, my wife has run off with the milkman singing 'keep right on to the end of the road', killed my dog, ripped off all my money, taken the kids, told the office I've a teeny weeny, washed my Sheffield United 'Bright Future' scarf, thrown me out the House, and flogged my record collection - yet I am going to 'give her the benefit of the doubt', and might even welcome her back next ugust if she is nice to me for a few weeks now.

:rant::bang:

I voted no, but I can see why some won't put all the blame on him for what's happened those last two months. Players behaving like idiots when we needed it the least, is one thing that I think has affected us and is not down to him. And I wondered how we'd have done if Young hadn't taken a piss poor penalty against Bolton. We'd have won that game and I think we would've won the next one too with a lot higher confidence. Now we didn't, and of course GH is to blame for a whole lot too. So, all in all, no.

And I wondered how we'd have done if Young hadn't taken a piss poor penalty against Bolton. We'd have won that game and I think we would've won the next one too with a lot higher confidence.

that was my reasoning for Bolton as well, we played well and would have won if Young didn't insist on taking the penalty rather than giving it to Bent.

It's like, my wife has run off with the milkman singing 'keep right on to the end of the road', killed my dog, ripped off all my money, taken the kids, told the office I've a teeny weeny, washed my Sheffield United 'Bright Future' scarf, thrown me out the House, and flogged my record collection - yet I am going to 'give her the benefit of the doubt', and might even welcome her back next ugust if she is nice to me for a few weeks now.

:rant::bang:

Drama class is down the hall, sweety.

Â