Scientific Experiment V3#05-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager these past two (and a bit) months?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager these past two (and a bit) months?

• Oui
    • Non

My god 6 people approve of the job he has done over the last 2 months. How low some peoples standards are. Each to their own though as we are all different.

We'd probably get the odd one who'd approve of the job he'd done if we went down which is highly likely if the one win in 8 of the last two months continues.

My god 6 people approve of the job he has done over the last 2 months. How low some peoples standards are. Each to their own though as we are all different.

We'd probably get the odd one who'd approve of the job he'd done if we went down which is highly likely if the one win in 8 of the last two months continues.

I don't think anyone approves this

Results since last poll: LDDWLLLD

Even if the managers name was Ferguson or Mourinho there would be over 50% Non-votes.

It seems to me that this poll is not about the last 2 months and LDDWLLLD. This poll is about "I want Houllier out ... sorry, boiled, no matter what, no matter how the rest of the season goes".

We should vote after the last game of the season.

I think Houllier has done a terrible job and should face the music at the end of the season in a review with Randy and Faulkner. I think he needs to be left to get on with it for the rest of the season though. Then, perhaps do the right thing and resign or move upstairs. I still think it wouldn't hurt to change his number two straight away though as this doesn't destabilise anything. Perhaps quite the opposite, in fact.

Its quite a simple poll really... do you approve of the sequence of results and the manner they were achieved? How anyone can approve of what has happened in the period amazes me. Even if you are the most ardent supporter of Houllier I just cannot see how you vote 'Oui' when the results have been so poor.

It seems to me that this poll is not about the last 2 months and LDDWLLLD. This poll is about "I want Houllier out ... sorry, boiled, no matter what, no matter how the rest of the season goes".

We do this every month, we just forgot last month, perception problems are your own. Everyone else knows this is about the last two months only. This is not a back or sack poll, this is approval over the last two months, that is ALL we're discussing here.

I think I'd struggle to approve of someone less in reality.

He's been atrocious from word go. He has done the exact opposite of deliver on the pitch, presiding over an horrendous run of results. Off the pitch he seems to have the Midas touch for pissing people off, being a PR disaster from the fans point of view. He also seems to be incapable of acting off the pitch to solve the problems of results, at one point straight up saying he won't solve an issue now, despite it being a pressing problem needing treatment. He's had at least 2 moments that anyone else would have been given marching orders for.

I didn't much approve of him in the first place but even I've been shocked at the raging disaster he's been. The last couple of months just further put the tin hat on an utter failure of an appointment.

Its quite a simple poll really... do you approve of the sequence of results and the manner they were achieved? How anyone can approve of what has happened in the period amazes me. Even if you are the most ardent supporter of Houllier I just cannot see how you vote 'Oui' when the results have been so poor.

Indeed.

I think he's done a very poor job but I do see some light at the end of a very dark, wet and spider infested tunnel. We need consistency. Yesterday against Everton, we worked hard. We cannot afford to blow it now against Newcastle. I honestly don't dislike Gerard Houllier and don't wish him any ill. I just want to avoid relegation, sign some players, sort out the shit, find a better number two, and move forward. Surely that's not too much to ask? I voted no. But that doesn't mean I want him out. Yet.

100% this.

We looked a unit yesterday. We can do ourselves a power of good if we win against Newcastle and West Ham, but if we lose either we could well be looking at the form of others to save us.

This for me too

I don't just want him gone - I want him boiled alive in front of the Holte End for the liverpool game. Harsh but fair I think.

I'd like to sponsor the cauldron - who do I speak to?

(edit sp.)

Voted no, don't want him sacked right now but I can't see how anyone could approve of this set of results where we could have pushed on following the Citeh/Wigan back to back wins only to draw with Fulham and Blackpool (dropping 4 vital points in the process), throw an FA cup game in which i genuinely thought we could've progressed with a full strength side and then serve up the shower of shite which was the Wolves performance. Throw in the press gaffes and how can you approve of his job over the past two months?!

I don't just want him gone - I want him boiled alive in front of the Holte End for the liverpool game. Harsh but fair I think.

I'd like to sponsor the cauldron - who do I speak to?

(edit sp.)

Like I said before, someone could run up behind him and just go BANG real loud just saying;-).

The fifth in our long running series of Monthly Polls on the Manager. Poll open until end of May.

If this poll was open until now/today, my vote would be "Non".

But if this poll is open until end of May I'll back the manager and vote "Oui".

If this poll is open until May then this poll is not about past months - if voting before end of May.

Very good point. That's the problem with continental breakfasts including a dashing of alcohol, amended opening post to say 'end of april'

The fifth in our long running series of Monthly Polls on the Manager. Poll open until end of May.

If this poll is open until May then this poll is not about past months - if voting before end of May.

Very good point. That's the problem with continental breakfasts including a dashing of alcohol, amended opening post to say 'end of april'

Thanks, I can finish my sandwich now :D

As bicks responded, the idea is to get an ongoing feeling of fans appreciation over a period of time, so as to be able to reflect the opinion at a moment in time. If you look at the previous poll (as linked in the opening post) it would seem your accusation/conclusion is rather misplaced.

You've not made a major **** up in all fairness. The poll is a super duper poll on the games since 1st Feb (yes including one from April)

Results since last poll: LDDWLLLD

So in all fairness you could keep it running until the end of December but it would still be based on the time period from 1st Feb till 2nd April and results with in that period.

Â