Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

If we get Benitez or Allardyce I might just cry.

Me too probably, but I don't see how that would be any different from now!?

Benitez is a joke. I know people will say that's what Houllier is (I disagree somewhat) but Benitez really wouldn't do well. Look at what he did at Inter.

Yes, the president promising money to spend in January and then saying there is no money. How could you possibly work for someone that lies?

He must be some joke to have won the Champions League, brought a not so good Liverpool team to two Champions League Finals. His 2 La Liga titles with Valencia were also a fluke.

:clap:

Also, he was against the likes of Madrid with Ronaldo etc. He must be the luckiest manager in the world. He is awful, atrocious. A man that is just completely lucky, and also a joke.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we survive, then my money will be on Mark Hughes.

What makes you think we'd be after him and furthermore why would he wanna join us when he's been less than year at Fulham?

1) Because he was Randies first choice to replace Oneil, if Oneil went.

2) Even reported that Randy had met with Hughes in America before Oneil quit

3) And dispite our current problems, we are a step up from Fulham.

4) And hes refusing to sign an extension to his contract.

There, four reasons :lol:

Well, points 1,2 are heresay at best. I agree with point 3. So are you telling me he signed a one year contract with Fulham? Maybe it's just me but I'd like to think that a manager upon joining a new club would want time to stabilize things and make his mark on the team and ultimately achieve something. Managers seldom seem to ditch a challenge for better money somewhere else. They usually only leave when sacked. But I guess it's not all that uncommon that a manager would leave after less than one year i charge, but it sure isn't common either.

Heresay is all we get, unfortunately. but it is occasionally right :winkold:

The question for Hughes is, does he see his long term future at Fulham, and can he acheive what he wants to achieve at Fulham.

I think not on both.

Hughes has always been highly ambitious and has great confidence in his ability. I think if we went calling, he might just jump.

Its like Ashley jioning a bigger club to achieve his ambitions. I dont think Managers are any different. And what you will get atVilla, is a chance to build a dynasty with the support of a Chairman that will back you.

Other than Hughes, i only see Jol and Van Gaal as two that will excite fans.

Now if Randy really wanted to prove his ambition, then a certain Mourinho is rumoured to want a return :lol:

Benitez is a joke. I know people will say that's what Houllier is (I disagree somewhat) but Benitez really wouldn't do well. Look at what he did at Inter.

To be fair, Benitez was caught in the middle of a Boardroom circus which would question anyones devotion to the job. I guess the love just went.

Yes, the president promising money to spend in January and then saying there is no money. How could you possibly work for someone that lies?

He must be some joke to have won the Champions League, brought a not so good Liverpool team to two Champions League Finals. His 2 La Liga titles with Valencia were also a fluke.

Also, he was against the likes of Madrid with Ronaldo etc. He must be the luckiest manager in the world. He is awful, atrocious. A man that is just completely lucky, and also a joke.

You seem to be ignoring his time at Inter (he was terrible there) and his last season at Liverpool.

Rafa? You lot must be smoking something. He's crackers, and his major trophy at Plop was won with Houllier's squad before he had lost his marbles as well.

Benietz would be a disaster, he's gone from being a great manager to **** awful in the space of 6-7 years.

Martin Jol is the best available option to us.

Also Van Gaal?

All up in the air at the moment though, since we cant even plan to approach anyone not knowing what Division we are in.

If we survive, then my money will be on Mark Hughes.

I am not opposed to Mark Hughes, I still believe he has great potential as a manager. Although Jol would fit into our plans more.

Agree with this. Jol likes his teams to play attractive football and he tends to sign players with technical ability. I wouldn't have Rafa anywhere near our club. Apart from anything else, in his after match interviews ending each sentence with no would drive me mental. How does he and his wife ever have sex...no!

Rafa would be worst appointment this club ever made. Has anybody seen the mess he left at Liverpool. Jovanovic 80k a week. He will make MON deals look like a bargain.

He bought nearly 80 players in 6 years at Anfield and most never got near the team like LEto and El Zhar. He bought the best playmaker in Brazil in 2007 and turned him into the new Gattuso.

Benitez would much like Houllier see himself as being too good for this club and doing us a favour. Last thing we need is that kind of arrogance and someone who just doesn't get the ethos of this great club again.

Houllier is finished and desperately needs replacing but not by Benitez.

There is one name i can think off.

Its unlikely that we can get him, but...

- he's an amazing manager

- he wants to return to manage in England again

- he doesn't want to manage Liverpool

- i don't think he'd like to be always compared to Ferguson at Man Utd

- he wouldn't go to Chelsea

- Arsenal will stick with Arsene forever

- He has mentioned he'd like to manage a club like Spurs, Everton, etc. i believe we are on a par with those clubs (present situation excepting).

- he changes clubs a lot, i think he'd like to create a legacy at the next club he manages.

- he has a large ego, and so coming to a club where if he won a few trophies, we would worship him forever, and build statues/name stands after him.

- Real Madrid change managers frequently.

The man is MOURINHO.

Randy, go get this man this summer, pay him £6mill/year.

it'll be the best 6mill you'll ever spend.

i know, i know, he's way out of our league.... yet for the reasons stated above, i think he might just fancy the challenge.

You seem to be ignoring his time at Inter (he was terrible there) and his last season at Liverpool.

How exactly am I ignoring his time at Inter?

Anyone that comes in after Jose, will always be judged on that. He was promised significant funds before he came and then he was told they were not there.

If any manager is promised funds, and then immediately a few weeks after his contract is signed told there is no funds there.

But sure Mantis, you said before that if Villa finished 17th there would be some "reasons" for Houllier possibly staying on - he needs a pre-season.

Do you actually understand that if the Villa fans turn against a manager that is it?

There is one name i can think off.

Its unlikely that we can get him, but...

- he's an amazing manager

- he wants to return to manage in England again

- he doesn't want to manage Liverpool

- i don't think he'd like to be always compared to Ferguson at Man Utd

- he wouldn't go to Chelsea

- Arsenal will stick with Arsene forever

- He has mentioned he'd like to manage a club like Spurs, Everton, etc. i believe we are on a par with those clubs (present situation excepting).

- he changes clubs a lot, i think he'd like to create a legacy at the next club he manages.

- he has a large ego, and so coming to a club where if he won a few trophies, we would worship him forever, and build statues/name stands after him.

- Real Madrid change managers frequently.

The man is MOURINHO.

Randy, go get this man this summer, pay him £6mill/year.

it'll be the best 6mill you'll ever spend.

i know, i know, he's way out of our league.... yet for the reasons stated above, i think he might just fancy the challenge.

SHIT YEAH...!!!!

Randy, you need a couple o' bucks?, I got some I can lend ya...

Just reading the General's thread, and he puts a big post about how the bad form is about players. Not chasing down balls, marking players etc.. And it got me thinking that if GH can convince the board a manager can have so little influence on the players, and the subsequent form. Than maybe we should save ourselves a shit load of money and have no manager at all.

Just reading the General's thread, and he puts a big post about how the bad form is about players. Not chasing down balls, marking players etc.. And it got me thinking that if GH can convince the board a manager can have so little influence on the players, and the subsequent form. Than maybe we should save ourselves a shit load of money and have no manager at all.

I think you might be onto something! Hey, I'll even do it for free...

Here's something I've been working on...

**** this current lot off...

Put Spink in goal...

Swain, McKnaught, Evans, and Williams at the back.

Bremner, Mortimer, Cowans, and Morley in the middle.

Shaw in the hole, and Withe up front...

Could work...

Anyone that comes in after Jose, will always be judged on that. He was promised significant funds before he came and then he was told they were not there.

If any manager is promised funds, and then immediately a few weeks after his contract is signed told there is no funds there.

But sure Mantis, you said before that if Villa finished 17th there would be some "reasons" for Houllier possibly staying on - he needs a pre-season.

Do you actually understand that if the Villa fans turn against a manager that is it?

It's not like he didn't live up to Mourinho's reign, he wasn't very good at all.

What relevance does my position on whether Houllier stays or goes at the end of the season have to whether or not Benitez is a good manager? :?

It's not like he didn't live up to Mourinho's reign, he wasn't very good at all.

What relevance does my position on whether Houllier stays or goes at the end of the season have to whether or not Benitez is a good manager? :?

Right so if you didn't think Rafa was good enough for Inter (despite winning 2 trophies for them, but still rightfully sacked with the struggle in the league), what makes you think Houllier is good enough to be with us another season if he finished us 17th despite being a top 6 side full of internationals. And that's if we're lucky. LUCKY to finish 17th.

I'm trying to understand your logic here.

Right so if you didn't think Rafa was good enough for Inter (despite winning 2 trophies for them, but still rightfully sacked with the struggle in the league), what makes you think Houllier is good enough to be with us another season if he finished us 17th despite being a top 6 side full of internationals. And that's if we're lucky. LUCKY to finish 17th.

I'm trying to understand your logic here.

I never said Rafa wasn't good enough for Inter (by the way, when did he win trophies there?), I said he did a poor job.