Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those who want Houllier as DOF and a 'head coach' to work alongside/under him - have you seen this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13553663.stm

Real Madrid to adopt the British model - where the manager is in full control.

Thoughts?

That's because It's Jose, and he's fed up of being undermined by DOF's, so it was "do it this way or I walk".

A DOF system entirely depends on the manager and DOF, it can work, it can fail, you just need people that are willing to do both roles.

DoF is a bad idea. If Houllier wants to stay around in some sort of advisory/ambassadorial capacity then great, but that is a different beast entirely.

I just want a new manager tbh.

Same here. People on here seem to think Houllier is the God of the transfer market. He isn't. Move on.

i have a feeling deep in my guts its going to be rafa....

dont think any of the british managers (moyes, hughes, allardyce, coyle, hodgson) are going to give the right impression if we are trying to show CL aspirations to our wantaway players...

not sure how i feel about it to be honest... i just want a manager to be in place, have him sit down with each of the players and figure out whether or not they buy into the villa story...

I've got £20 on Hughes with Victor Chandler at 10/1.

how long ago did you put on the bet to get 10/1?

Just checked, I put the bet on 11th May.

The odd's dropped a bit the week after, probably after my £20 because there is so little money in the market has Houllier will probably stay. :D

just can't see ancelotti coming to villa in a million years... not sure it would work if he did, either... still, that would be a proper marquee signing, as opposed to n'zogbia....

I am not sure Ancelotti suits us that well.

Our squad needs a lot of additions and a remoulding of the squad. I cannot remember too many great signings he has made. Torres and Luiz were bought by the owner. And alot of the signings in Italy are made by technical directors.

Good coach, just not sure he is right for the job we have.

Perhaps then it makes a lot of sense to appoint Ancelotti, with Houllier upstairs identifying players ?

Thing is, if you appoint Ancelotti, how long will he be here for?

Sooner or later, a champions league club from Italy will come calling, and he would be off.

Managers like him, are i think, out of our reach for the moment.

True, but if he wants to stay in England, and prove a point his options will be limited, probably to QPR, West Ham or Us.

A sit happens i can't see it happening either, I was just responding to irevverentad.

Hughes or the FSW I reckon.

Be quite interesting to see what Hughes could do with the makings of a good side. He has'nt set the place alight much as yet, but then he has'nt crashed and burned either. I think he would do alright and certainly could see him being able to work with Hou, if the latter were to move 'upstairs', as he should.

Benitez, on the other hand, is the direction I fear the club might be going. He would love to get back in the Premier League with a good club and don't you just get that sneaky, stomach-churning feeling that 'he's the one'?

Please not FSW or Hughes, FSW is poor with youth and both have a shite style of play.

Thats it.

Hughes, at best might just be an average manager and no more. In that case, do we take a chance on him or try to hang it out for a high-profile name that is'nt going to come anywhere near AVFC?

The FSW, imo, would just be disastrous.