Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to excuse me for not going through the 330 page thread, but is there a reason Roy Keane isn't a consideration?

Some Premier League experience, did reasonably at Sunderland, out of the job.

Saw him on the ITV coverage last night and could be an outside bet?

Because he's a poor manager, unreliable, upsets everyone and really not cut out for management.

I'd prefer O'Dreay back.

The bolded bit sounds a lot like our current manager. :lol:

The more i consider Hughes as our next manager the more i like the idea. Would be a solid choice which is what we need to re establish ourselves as a top 6 team.

^^This^^

Not forgetting the fact that we could get him on a free transfer.

The more i consider Hughes as our next manager the more i like the idea. Would be a solid choice which is what we need to re establish ourselves as a top 6 team.

^^This^^

Not forgetting the fact that we could get him on a free transfer.

He now seems to be the realistic choice, and there is History here with Randy and Hughes.

Another thing i like about Hughes, is he does not suffers fools lightly. Cross him and your out of the door.

Yeah Hughes will be ok if we only wnat to be ever a 6th place team.

Alot of you winge about Randy for the lack of ambition, then talk about employing a manger like Hughes, even Moyes in my thinking is not good enough if we want to go places.

Alot of you winge about Randy for the lack of ambition, then talk about employing a manger like Hughes, even Moyes in my thinking is not good enough if we want to go places.

who on earth do you want then?

If we keep GH then achieving 6th position would take some doing imo, I just don't know who supporters on here think we could get, we are not a top 4 club so the best International coaches will not even consider joining us.

If we can finish in the top 6 over the next 5 years that will take some doing in itself let alone pushing for major honours.

...a visionary, with plans to implement..... a footballing man, a builder , a man with presence and confidence in his own beliefs.

A Leader to take us on to Glory.

I'm afraid it has to be a relative unknown, perhaps only known to the Knolwedegable people in football.

Like it took David Dein to find Arsene Wenger.

who knew of Jose Mourinho before he built Porto.

WE NEED SOME VISIONARY APPROACH TO FIND A VISONARY MANAGER

...a visionary, with plans to implement..... a footballing man, a builder , a man with presence and confidence in his own beliefs.

I'm afraid it has to be a relative unknown, perhaps only known to the Knolwedegable people in football.

Like it took David Dein to find Arsen Wenger.

I cannot argue with that :)

Like it took David Dein to find Arsen Wenger.

I agree, we could do with someone like David Dein at the club.

Has to be a European manager to take us to the trophies.

I'll give Hughes 110% backing if it is him, but I worry it is not a step forward or back, its a standing still appointment.

pretty much how I see it..

Hughes/Moyes on a par for me...realistically 6th is the best we can do with our current finances. I think either Moyes or Hughes could achieve that.

Has to be a European manager to take us to the trophies.

such as?