Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes/Moyes on a par for me...realistically 6th is the best we can do with our current finances. I think either Moyes or Hughes could achieve that.

Exactly my thoughts.

Again, your thinking its all about money.

Money plays a massive part in football no doubt. But if we can get a manager with the drive and anbition to train our players to the max and get 110% out of every player, there is no reason with cant be challenging for trophies and better than 6th.

Moyes has had his chances to leave Everton before but has decided against it. Maybe 'he' lacks ambition. Surely if he had the ambition he would have taken us up on the offer before we employed Houllier.

Hughes may get us 6th, but I want more. We have a new team coming with so many released, so we need to make the right choice and for the long haul.

Im not sure what manager. All I know is im sure the board know there's better than Moyes or Hughes out there.

I want more than 6th, but I'm realistic enough to know thats its not gonna happen. It was hard enough when it was just 'the big 4', now there is Man City and Spurs to finish above too...I think the reason Moyes didn't come to us before Houllier is that he didn't want to leave Everton in the crap (unlike our previous boss!!), and I do admire that.

Just another angle of possibly getting Moyes - not only would we be instantly improved (imo), we also instantly weaken one of out challengers for the european positions.

Well looks like we have no choice then, if he will instantly improve us, he's our man :? ????????????????????????

My no.1 choice would have to be Carlo Ancelotti.

He is a class bloke (even Fergie rates him highly) has a fantastic record at some big clubs, including Chelsea who i cannot believe sacked him, & would have very good pull in the transfer market which we badly need to compensate for lack of trophies & the lack of appeal regarding our location (purely as it seems to bother a lot of players).

Also his English is now much improved too which can only be beneficial & he would surely have a point to prove to Abramovich!

Second choice would be any from Moyes, Hughes.

Third would be Benitez, Lambert, GH continuing, Jol or Mclaren.. All could just do something but have risk too.

cant wait for all these questions to be answered. hopefully wednesday should be the day when the announcement comes and we can all look forward to an exciting transfer window whoever the manager.

Just another angle of possibly getting Moyes - not only would we be instantly improved (imo), we also instantly weaken one of out challengers for the european positions.

Well looks like we have no choice then, if he will instantly improve us, he's our man :? ????????????????????????

Why are you confused??? Do you not think Moyes would be an instant improvement?

Why are you confused??? Do you not think Moyes would be an instant improvement?

More than Houllier would if he came back................ No!

The more i consider Hughes as our next manager the more i like the idea. Would be a solid choice which is what we need to re establish ourselves as a top 6 team.

Yeah Hughes will be ok if we only wnat to be ever a 6th place team.

Alot of you winge about Randy for the lack of ambition, then talk about employing a manger like Hughes, even Moyes in my thinking is not good enough if we want to go places.

who on earth do you want then?

Has to be a European manager to take us to the trophies.

Mark Hughes it is then.

The noises Carlo Ancelotti has been making about wanting a challenge and staying in England is exactly the type of manager we need. He is a world class coach whos won titles in Italy and England and 2 European Cups. We should move hell and high water to get this man, if his statements are true.

thetransferteam Mystery Man

News reaching us that Rafa Benitez is likely to accept an offer to manage Atletico Madrid

1 min ago.

Pray it be true, even managing in the same league would be too close to villa for me.

The noises Carlo Ancelotti has been making about wanting a challenge and staying in England is exactly the type of manager we need. He is a world class coach whos won titles in Italy and England and 2 European Cups. We should move hell and high water to get this man, if his statements are true.

TBH, reading between the lines, it did appear that we actually ticked most of the boxes for Ancelotti. Furthermore, he is familiar with our set-up, facilities and ambition, so I would'nt rule it out just yet. Fact is, he wants a job in the Premier League preferably, by all accounts, and ours is the only attractive proposition that is realistically available (should GH do the decent thing).

Is he the right man for Villa though? And how many of us who have gone grey this season would have the patience to find out?