Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Mark Hughes is the likeliest appointment in my mind.

Hope not, hasn't done anything of note in his managerial career except for finishing once in the top six with Blackburn.

If I were Randy he would be far down my list of potential managers.

Apparently he had a meeting with Randy last summer, so it is a strong possibility.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds on SkyBet:

David Moyes

8/11

Rafael Benitez

Sam Allardyce

Mark Hughes

Kevin Macdonald

Martin Jol

Steve McClaren

Jurgen Klinsmann

Sven Goran Eriksson

Ray Wilkins

Gianfranco Zola

Didier Deschamps

Guus Hiddink

Fabio Capello

Frank Rijkaard

Louis Van Gaal

Slaven Bilic

Jose Mourinho

Martin ONeill

Diego Maradona

Gordan Cowans

Ray Graydon

Alan McInally

Morley Tony

you cant seriously want MON back after the way he bailed out on us?

Personally i never really liked the man and thought he was never going to lead us further than 6th

The manner in which he left the club, and the timing of it, is nothing short of criminal and i dont understand why he is still hailed as a god by many villa fans when in my opinion he is on a level with Gobby Cabbage and Alpay - he's an absolute word removed.

I'd much prefer Moyes. Not impressed at all with Hughes.

Why not Capello? I'm sure the FA will be desperate for an easy get out.

Because he can't even speak English and I can't wait to see the back of him.

You know what - I think we should let GH have a say in who we get if he steeps down. I would love for us to keep GH in the board as the football man - we have missed that since Steve Stride.

Absolutely not!

Since when did GH become the chairman?

Since when did GH become a club legend?

I just want him out of our club so he can go and get a season ticket at his beloved Livipoooooool.

If Gerard was to leave a good foreign shout would be the Atletico manager Quique Flores. The Revista La Liga guys said we'd have a good chance of getting him.

No thanks.

Even if it was Mourinho? you seem dead against foreign managers.. why is that?

I want to see British managers given a chance.

Do you know how much it annoys me when I realise that the England manager is not English :evil:

theytookourjobs.jpg

The manner in which he left the club, and the timing of it, is nothing short of criminal and i dont understand why he is still hailed as a god by many villa fans when in my opinion he is on a level with Gobby Cabbage and Alpay - he's an absolute word removed.

I'd go as far as saying the manner in which he left the club and his general attitude might seriously affect the thoughts of any chairmen considering him for their clubs. Totally unprofessional, also the manner in which he took most of the 1st team coaching staff with him, showed a complete lack of respect for the club and it's fans. He wanted to inflict the most pain he could. He comes over as a very arrogant, self centred man. He will never manage a club on the scale of Villa again.

I'd go as far as saying the manner in which he left the club and his general attitude might seriously affect the thoughts of any chairmen considering him for their clubs. Totally unprofessional, also the manner in which he took most of the 1st team coaching staff with him, showed a complete lack of respect for the club and it's fans. He wanted to inflict the most pain he could. He comes over as a very arrogant, self centred man. He will never manage a club on the scale of Villa again.

Everton if we get Moyes?

Spurs if/when Harry gets the England job?

nice too see that the sensible villa fans have a voice too - well said!

And there was me thinking nobody actually knew what happened yet... Still, nothing like forming solid opinions on speculation eh?

MON has a track record of success everywhere he's been. There will be plenty of takers for him when he wants to work again.

I'd much prefer Moyes. Not impressed at all with Hughes.

Why not Capello? I'm sure the FA will be desperate for an easy get out.

Because he can't even speak English and I can't wait to see the back of him.

Yeah because he's been so shit, his record speaks for itself. Another case of players being blameless and its all the managers fault in the World Cup on the back of a media witch hunt led by the delightfully pleasant Oliver Holt.