Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If GH moves up or decides enough is enough it will be a straight choice imo Hughes or Moyes .

Randy likes both

As I thought. I think Hughes/Moyes could both build a dynasty at this club.

Moyes yes, Hughes no.

Hughes is a nasty piece of work imo. Typical of him is the current quote on the bbc website "Game was too much for ref - Hughes". He might be an okay manager, but for me he acts like a spoilt, petulant little shit, and I wouldn't like to see him managing the club I support.

If Huges comes in I'll be to him what markavfc40 and franvilla are to GH.

Houllier deserves it for disrespecting our club.

I very much doubt Mark Hughes would come in and insult our club on the first day.

The fans at Newcastle hated Fat Sam because of the terrible football they had to watch under him. The fact they were 11th when he got sacked is irrelevant.

It's relevant because it shows they were stupid to sack him.

I'd rather be 11th with "ugly" football than be relegated with "pretty" football.

The fans at Newcastle hated Fat Sam because of the terrible football they had to watch under him. The fact they were 11th when he got sacked is irrelevant.

It's relevant because it shows they were stupid to sack him.

I'd rather be 11th with "ugly" football than be relegated with "pretty" football.

They weren't playing pretty football when they got relegated, they were just sh-it.

well i just hope whatever happens it gets sorted soon. there are quite a few players contracts expiring so could get them free or cheap and we dont want to miss out on them cuz were faffing around with this situation.

If GH moves up or decides enough is enough it will be a straight choice imo Hughes or Moyes .

Randy likes both

As I thought. I think Hughes/Moyes could both build a dynasty at this club.

Moyes yes, Hughes no.

Hughes is a nasty piece of work imo. Typical of him is the current quote on the bbc website "Game was too much for ref - Hughes". He might be an okay manager, but for me he acts like a spoilt, petulant little shit, and I wouldn't like to see him managing the club I support.

If Huges comes in I'll be to him what markavfc40 and franvilla are to GH.

Moyes would be my first choice, even Jol should be closely considered.

As for Mark Hughes: I would like him as our manager, if it becomes a possibility of course. I believe his attitude towards the game is first class. Look at what he has achieved as a player; he is a pure winner and the medals he has accumulated during his career proves that to be a fact. Give him time and he will, in my opinion, build something special here.

Moyes I'd love, Jol I'd be more than happy to give a chance but hardly over the moon with, Hughes... please Randy don't do it. Let's not forget this was the man who actually paid money to buy Steve Sidwell from us this past transfer window. He hasn't really done anything of note apart from with Blackburn, everywhere else he has been he's been good but not good enough for us and he does come across as a bit of a cock.

TRS-T I think the point being made earlier about how Big Sam was sacked at Newcastle and then they were relegated was that you have wanted Houllier to be sacked for a while now and that he was fortunate to keep his job. Perhaps he was fortunate and perhaps we were too that our Chairman doesn't have an itchy trigger finger or we may have found ourselves at this point in time in the bottom 3 places with a new manager looking to be relegated just as Newcastle were when they unfairly sacked Allardyce (in my opinion). I still don't think he is good enough for us however and hiring him would be a step back.

I hope the rumours about Moyes are true, I think with the financial backing he could build something here.

if I had to choose between Allardyce and Capello for England manager - I would choose Allardyce every single day of the week.

rant over

:?

Allardyce is English and can speak English.

Capello fails in both respects.

if I had to choose between Allardyce and Capello for England manager - I would choose Allardyce every single day of the week.

rant over

Not being English is only a fail in your criteria.

rant over

Have you read Mein Kampf?

rant over

Have you read Mein Kampf?

I'm guessing he found it a lot of leftie nonsense that didn't go far enough.

rant over

Not being English is only a fail in your criteria.

I think most people would prefer the England manager to be English.

It's not like we're some little country like Thailand who need a foreign manager to bring footballing expertise.

We're England!

Football's home country!

I think most people would prefer the England manager to be English.

England maybe.. though I'll take Capello's english if he wins the world cup personally.

It's not like we're some little country like Thailand who need a foreign manager to bring footballing expertise.

I don't think we are a small country to think so little of foreign managers either.

We're England!

Yes, with foreign managers and players in the Premier League.

Football's home country!

Yes, with foreign managers and players.

English football is hardly all English is it? :lol: Is that why Saggychops is the only manager in 20 years to win any trophy that's English? :lol: