Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

British Managers are given plenty of chances, didnt somebody earlier post the league table with the nationality f the manager? Wasnt like 14 of them British? Thats more than enough and from those only 2 of them have been seriously spoken about on here in Coyle [at the club he loves - depending how much he loves them could be tempted] and Moyes [could be tempted, if not he's on par with us at Everton anyway].

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense but apart from Houllier, we're useless with foreign managers although Martin Jol would be great.

But I would give Chris Hughton a go and with Houllier on the board - Hughtons really the ultimate professional and has a ton of potential.

Nationality, I don't care. Premiership experience is more important to me which funnily enough, there aren't that many foreign managers with that. Of course if someone special like the Porto fella wanted to come, it's different but generally, just someone with Premiership experience in some shape or form whether he's English, Scottish, German, French, Gambian or Japanese.

If Mark AVFC 40 is going to be making such bold claims could he back them up?

Hardly a bold claim is it? I have formed an opinion based on bits and pieces of info I have had from various people connected to the club, some more strongly than others, and based on this info/my own knowledge formed an opinion of what is happening/ will be happening.

I am not claiming to be ITK by the way. Far from it.

Surely the bit like this means you are not 'claiming; to be ITK but implying you are ITK.

No. I don't have a source at the club who I go to and get bits and pieces from regularly which I would say would make someone in the know. What I have had is one off bit and pieces from various people some with strong connections to the club and based on these pieces of info have formed my own opinion.

Nothing I have said is outrageous. Quite the opposite in fact.

Just the way you came across suggested you were 'in the know', so I guess people just want people who do make bold claims (and it is pretty bold, to not only state that you are pretty sure Houllier will be replaced, but also to give a specific figure of the number of potential replacements there are) to put their money where their mouths are.

But cheers for clearing it up (not said in a sarcastic way).

I couldn't give a crap where our manager was from, I just want us to succeed. I'm beyond all this national pride bullshit that's continually touted around today. I'm of the opinion that patriotism breeds more hatred for other countries and cultures than love for your own, but that's really another story. British managers are given plenty of chances here as they are given chances to work abroad in other leagues too. It's the same as any other business. The best man for the job, gets the job, it should be as simple as that.

I couldn't give a crap where our manager was from, I just want us to succeed. I'm beyond all this national pride bullshit that's continually touted around today. I'm of the opinion that patriotism breeds more hatred for other countries and cultures than love for your own, but that's really another story. British managers are given plenty of chances here as they are given chances to work abroad in other leagues too. It's the same as any other business. The best man for the job, gets the job, it should be as simple as that.

We were shite under Venglos and and not as bad under Houllier, but it could of been better.

Its nothing to do with national pride its just we are shit under foreign managers.

We were shite under Venglos and and not as bad under Houllier, but it could have been better.

Its nothing to do with national pride its just we are shit under foreign managers.

We've had two in 21 years, a ridiculous statement.

The thing with foreign managers is, provided they have been successful in one of the main leagues on the continent, they seem to have more pull in the transfer market with regard to top foreign players (& English if you include Bent). So for me it's either poach a TOP British manager or get a big name foreign one such as the Bayern coach Gaal or whatever his name is. One thing that does concern me is that when we did have a "top" British manager in MON we seemed to struggle to attract good players here.

Just had a very bizarre thought!... If we do end up having to replace GH there is one name i havn't heard mentioned & he could well be avaliable if his contract was bought out & his current employers would probably jump at the chance... He seems to like Villa Park too & he already knows loads of our players & indeed has them gelling very well already on the international stage! ....................................................................................................................................Fabio Cappello! :shock:

I'd expect him to go back to Italy, but a great shout none the less, obviously already likes the 4-3-3 system many of us on here would like to go with, obviously know all the English players as well as having international pull, could be a great choice.

Wouldnt be against that at all, the media have made out Capello to be terrible but they've been a bit stuck of late (other than the captaincy issue) for reason to bitch about him, not sure he would stay in England purely because of the media. But definitely a good choice.

Just had a very bizarre thought!... If we do end up having to replace GH there is one name i havn't heard mentioned & he could well be avaliable if his contract was bought out & his current employers would probably jump at the chance... He seems to like Villa Park too & he already knows loads of our players & indeed has them gelling very well already on the international stage! ....................................................................................................................................Fabio Cappello!

No thanks, he has more silly rules than GH has!! Don't really want to replace one old fool with another!

Moyes all the way for me. He needs a new challenge and can work with our existing players and truly can spot a bargain (and before anyone says it, I know he can also buy some dead ducks, they all do).

I wouldn't mind Moyes myself, but i don't think he'd come here. imo he's gong to want to manage a club that can psh for Champions league, i don't see us having the funds to push on to that level. I'd say it will be Jol.

Just had a very bizarre thought!... If we do end up having to replace GH there is one name i havn't heard mentioned & he could well be avaliable if his contract was bought out & his current employers would probably jump at the chance... He seems to like Villa Park too & he already knows loads of our players & indeed has them gelling very well already on the international stage! ....................................................................................................................................Fabio Cappello! :shock:
Must say I've had that thought too. I don't think it's so very bizarre. It certainly is a case of :shock: :shock: though.

Oh let's make a decision on 2 or 3 games, anyway Capello will not leave the England post before the Euro's.

For me after this season, anyone except GH and GMac, I am sick of passionless football management and silly tactics!!

We know Houllier (obviously) and Sven were interviewed.

We approached for Moyes (but were told to **** off).

Decided not to go for Jol because he was at Ajax.

Mourinho said 'next year'.

Thats about all we know.