Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quique would add passion on touchline and is a decent manger wrongfully discarded by Valencia a few years ago.

If we went headhunting Mauricio Pellegrino looks a fine manager at Espanyol with giving youth a chance

Quique would add passion on touchline

I'm sold. I'm not a GHater, but that is something that has been notably absent since he took over. In fact the gormless looks of GH and GM, firmly planted in their seats as we struggle on the pitch have been the thing I've liked least about their regime.

I'm sold. I'm not a GHater, but that is something that has been notably absent since he took over. In fact the gormless looks of GH and GM, firmly planted in their seats as we struggle on the pitch have been the thing I've liked least about their regime.

running up and down the touchline line celebrating like a teenager getting to second base does not equal passion and is one of the things I really hate about some modern managers.

running up and down the touchline line celebrating like a teenager getting to second base does not equal passion and is one of the things I really hate about some modern managers.

i agree with this. read one player a few months ago said it puts more unneccesary pressure on the players

There's got to be a happy medium. Mystic Meg for instance. Is she available?

Poor pun aside a happy medium is that on the odd occasion you get to see what it means to the manager, with a celebration from them NOT the lunacy too many go for.

When Mourinho did it at OT you could see why, he doesn't do it every time his team scores/wins which given his success rate is a good job!.

Running up and down the touchline line celebrating like a teenager getting to second base does not equal passion and is one of the things I really hate about some modern managers.

totally agree and have said this before.. I also don't understand why some are looking at the nationality either.. just seems odd to me.. as long as they do the job and have the experience that should be looked at, not their touchline ethics or nationality imo.

If Mark AVFC 40 is going to be making such bold claims could he back them up?

Hardly a bold claim is it? I have formed an opinion based on bits and pieces of info I have had from various people connected to the club, some more strongly than others, and based on this info/my own knowledge formed an opinion of what is happening/ will be happening.

I am not claiming to be ITK by the way. Far from it.

Hardly a bold claim is it? I have formed an opinion based on bits and pieces of info I have had from various people connected to the club, some more strongly than others, and based on this info/my own knowledge formed an opinion of what is happening/ will be happening.

Surely the bit like this means you are not 'claiming; to be ITK but implying you are ITK.

Surely the bit like this means you are not 'claiming; to be ITK but implying you are ITK.

No. I don't have a source at the club who I go to and get bits and pieces from regularly which I would say would make someone in the know. What I have had is one off bit and pieces from various people some with strong connections to the club and based on these pieces of info have formed my own opinion.

Nothing I have said is outrageous. Quite the opposite in fact.

So basically you are indeed claiming to be ITK. (Which is fair enough because you've heard things from people connected to the club) at least we now know.

If Gerard was to leave a good foreign shout would be the Atletico manager Quique Flores. The Revista La Liga guys said we'd have a good chance of getting him.

No thanks.

If Gerard was to leave a good foreign shout would be the Atletico manager Quique Flores. The Revista La Liga guys said we'd have a good chance of getting him.

No thanks.

Even if it was Mourinho? you seem dead against foreign managers.. why is that?

No thanks.

Somebody reads The Sun when England are after a new manager.

No thanks.

I want to see British managers given a chance.

Do you know how much it annoys me when I realise that the England manager is not English :evil:

Poor pun aside a happy medium is that on the odd occasion you get to see what it means to the manager, with a celebration from them NOT the lunacy too many go for.

When Mourinho did it at OT you could see why, he doesn't do it every time his team scores/wins which given his success rate is a good job!.

Poor pun? How DARE you? Anyway, it looks like we're getting back to it being simply a "results business", which ultimately it is. Without saying anything profound, a winning manager could paint his face & shuffle his oversize boots like a clown and (almost) hang his pecker out every time we score, and still command our unwavering respect :)

No thanks.

I want to see British managers given a chance.

Do you know how much it annoys me when I realise that the England manager is not English :evil:

Well, considering this is only the second "foreign" manager we have had. i would say British managers have been given a chance. It should not be about nationality but about ability.