Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Well 2 days or so ago the General said this

Does it ever cross anyone's mind that we just may be in some delicate discussions across a gamut of issues and that now is NOT the time for wholesale communications on those issues?

And this morning at 0600 Matt Kenrick tweeted that GH is off by mutual consent today

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Gerard Houllier leaves #avfc by mutual consent. Read today's Birmingham Mail exclusive for full story

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand Hughes the self-righteous prick, but Hughes the tactician and man-manager is pretty decent & was probably the man Randy would have wanted all along, apart from MON's shitty timing.

The impression I get of Hughes is that while he is a pretty strong personality he is a bit of a yes-man, accustomed to working within a tight budgetary framework (apart from at Man City of course).

Venglos and Houllier - only non-Brit/Irish people to ever manage Villa. Both last a season, both nearly get us relegated. For whatever reason foreign managers don't work down Villa Park.

I'm guessing it'll be Moyes or Hughes.

Can't stand Hughes the self-righteous prick, but Hughes the tactician and man-manager is pretty decent

Yep, agreed.

There are others I'd prefer, but I wouldn't be pissed off with Hughes like I was with the GH appointment.

I like Hughes. Give him a five year contract and full backing even if the results dont go our way. A bit of stability at the club over a number of years is what we need.

Christ people still have beef with Rafa? - what if he did come in and got us 4th or something..then what would you say?

Fergie made him crack and has been appalling in the last 2 years as a manager.

He would be Houllier times 10.