Alan Hutton

Rich_D

The sad thing is most on here thought he would be a good signing. How wrong were we? :lol:

I thought he would be good, but got second thoughts when two of my Spurs supporting mates thanked Villa for wanting to pay for Hutton and take him of Spurs' wage book.

Now I would like to see another RB.

The sad thing is most on here thought he would be a good signing. How wrong were we? :lol:

Most is probably an overstatement, I remember quite a lot people, including myself, not being happy with this signing. Spurs fans were itching for him to leave the club, it is easy to see why now.

Can we recall Beye and send Hutton on loan to Donny instead? Anything's better really . :lol:

The real annoying thing is that just when we're finally getting to the end of Beye's absurd contract, we've now got another substandard RB eating up wages for the next 3.5 years, who no other club is likely to want to buy.

I thought it was an underwhelming and pointless signing at the time (we had a limited transfer/wage budget and Lichaj, Herd, Cuellar, Beye as options who all could've been worth trying in that position), but I thought at least he'd be average, not too much of a step down on L.Young. Alas, no. He dreams of being good enough to be called average. I did think he was looking slightly better the last few weeks, but it's probably just that Warnock has been worse. Yesterday both were liabilities.

So our striker is meant tO track back a let winger running into space where a right back should be?

Are you being serious?

Tell you what Given should play sweeper and Dunne should be able to do thirty yard long passes towards gabby and albrighton

A left Winger????

Koscielny was playing CB

Not sure most did. I think it is more accurate to say some did

For me just a poor poor defender and poor poor player full stop.

So our striker is meant tO track back a let winger running into space where a right back should be?

Are you being serious?

Tell you what Given should play sweeper and Dunne should be able to do thirty yard long passes towards gabby and albrighton

A left Winger????

Koscielny was playing CB

At least four other players HAD to be in his way: Hutton, Cuellar, Petrov and Ireland. where were they???

Most is probably an overstatement, I remember quite a lot people, including myself, not being happy with this signing. Spurs fans were itching for him to leave the club, it is easy to see why now.

Can we recall Beye and send Hutton on loan to Donny instead? Anything's better really . :lol:

I would take Beye over Hutton any day of the week and I never thought I would ever say I would take Beye over anybody, thats how poor Alan Hutton is :lol:

Yet again, its whether you just want to follow the negativity crowd, or actually look at the facts.

Over the past few games, Hutton has played very well. In fact, before he was sent off he was possibly MOTM v Arsenal at home. The issue is he is making one mistake per game that is usually leading to a goal.

I have seen a vast improvement since mid December in his performance, probably down to him getting his fitness.

If he can just cut out the stupid mistakes, then he will be fine. It can't particularly help that he has probably never played with the same player twice - is he alongside Cueller , or Collins , has he in front of him Ireland, Nzogbia, Baggy, Alby - it changes everyweek.

Until we have a settled side and players can strike up understanding, I dont think you can actually judge yet.

But, naargh, I'll just follow the crowd - its all shit !

Â