Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He was awful at the start of the season and thats it. He gets a ridiculous amount of stick on here and the reasons he plays bad given are he constantly gives the ball away and is always out of position. Well if this is true how come he has one of the highest pass completion rates of the team. If he's out of position all the time how come Gervinho, Bellamy, Young and Sinclair, all very good players, have not done anything when against him. Surely if he was out of position so much one of these players would have taken advantage of that.

stupid sending off last night.

Apart from that i can't see what everyones problem is with him, for the first few games when he didnt look 100% match fit i could understand it but since hes had a run of games he has been fine. As ive said on here before over the years, we always have to have a scapecoat down the villa and the current one is hutton, probably because he was signed by mcleish.

I wasn't a fan of his signing, but you'd have to be Habib Beye's mother to not see that the past two matches he has played above average. At first he was always going to be subpar because he hadn't played regularly for a loooong time.

Did he get forward well? yes. Not a whole heck of a lot of options up there, but Hutton and Albrighton played well together. He owned Gervinho, who has the most receding hairline in history but was top scorer in Ligue 1 last year so aint no slouch, for basically the whole match.

Sending off was obviously dumb, but he had a good match.

Warnock on the other hand kept trying to help Arsenal score. CC and Dunney had to bail his sorry ass out repeatedly.

Hutton may yet come good...

Just a shame that he couldn't have battered Robin Van Persie instead. Might have made the sending off worthwhile. One game ban, chance for Herd to come back at right back, if fit.

Herd is out for another 2 weeks.

Oh balls. We're struggling a bit then aren't we...I'd love to Lichaj come back in as I have been quite impressed whenever I've seen him, but I think he's still out with a hip problem.

It always annoys me when players are out for so long with niggling injuries. At least with a good old broken leg you have a rough timescale, when it's something mundane that drags on, it just makes me think 'stop having such a pathetic body and get yourself fit.'

I wasn't a fan of his signing, but you'd have to be Habib Beye's mother to not see that the past two matches he has played above average. At first he was always going to be subpar because he hadn't played regularly for a loooong time.

Did he get forward well? yes. Not a whole heck of a lot of options up there, but Hutton and Albrighton played well together. He owned Gervinho, who has the most receding hairline in history but was top scorer in Ligue 1 last year so aint no slouch, for basically the whole match.

Sending off was obviously dumb, but he had a good match.

Glad Im not the only one who thought so. The people around me at VP don't understand how to play full back and it's so annoying. They have a go even when he does exactly the right thing!

Â