Alan Hutton

Rich_D

villa fans moaning that he could have been sent off for a tackle that the ref didnt even think was a yellow card offence

Well we shouldn't be moaning about it, but he absolutely should have been sent off regardless of what the ref said. Unless you're suggesting that a referee has never gotten anything wrong?

Personally I'm quite glad he did it. Berahino is a right word removed

It was a bad tackle and deserved a yellow, don't think he intentionally decided to try and smash him and therefore risk the red, it was nowhere near as bad as the likes of talksport and baggies fans are making out

As for the suspension, he was on 9 yellows, I do t think I'm stating the obvious when I say a 10th was coming at some point so a suspension was inevitable down the line anyway, and I don't remember there being uproar over the previous 9 cards or his previous 1 match ban, if he'd have been booked for a regular foul would we even be discussing it?

Well said mate..... He also played a part in setting up the penalty!

You just cant please some Villa fans.....win, lose or draw, they love to moan. Makes you wonder why some of them bother!

Exactly

I did forget to add, those saying he could have been sent off do realise he wasn't even booked for the tackle...

Which makes his conduct worse and less worthy of the praise some are giving him over it. He makes a stupid, pointless challenge, and instead of walking away and thanking his lucky stars that he was still on the pitch, he decides to get involved in afters and gets booked.

If he'd got booked for a regular foul of course we wouldn't be discussing it the same way. It's precisely the fact that it wasn't a booking through a regular foul, a mistake or mistimed challenge that I, and others, are pissed off with him. Both the challenge, that he should have walked for, and the afters that he got booked for  were unneccessary and avoidable.

I'm delighted that he put the cross in that led to the penalty. He's been one of the better players this season and I want him on the pitch, playing. I'm surprised that some are applauding him for doing something that didn't benefit Villa in the slightest and is instead detrimental to our chances against West Brom & Sunderland.

He's my favourite player right now. He's my hero.

There haven't been many players down the years I've said that about. Last was Ashley Young, before him Mellberg, then Angel and Merson, Yorke, Taylor, Saunders, Houghton... McGrath...

He's probably not as good as any of those, in the eyes of most he's undoubtedly done little to deserve such status but it is what it is for me. I can't help it. I hope he finishes his career here, marauding up and down the right side, flying into tackles and bamboozling his opposing defender before sailing one into row PP! I think he's ace.

McCafu

• Like 2

Will never understand wny Lambert left him out in the bomb squad, certainly didn't deserve it. Needed coaching right, guess Lambert and his cronies wasn't up to it. Strange he came back off loan a better player. captain material in my eyes.

Will never understand wny Lambert left him out in the bomb squad, certainly didn't deserve it. Needed coaching right, guess Lambert and his cronies wasn't up to it.

You mean apart from the first 3 quarters of this season? Edited by Stevo985

Will never understand wny Lambert left him out in the bomb squad, certainly didn't deserve it. Needed coaching right, guess Lambert and his cronies wasn't up to it.

You mean apart from the first 3 quarters of this season?

He was immediately better when he came off loan.

You mean apart from the first 3 quarters of this season?

He was immediately better when he came off loan.
Isn't that part of the point of a loan? Get them off the books for a while and hope they find their form and come back?

And he was awful when he was bombed out, not one person complained about it - not one - and he went off, got some game time, found his form and came back a better and integral player for the team, you could argue Lambert played the Hutton situation absolutely perfectly

• Like 1

Was he? Or was he never really that bad in the first place?

He had a too many rash challenges in him no skill at all. When he was brought back into the squad he looked a much better player. Still has the odd dirty foul in him, but much less than when he first came.

So are trying to say his turnaround in form was due to the coaching he receives at bottom of the table Mallorca and his 5 games on the fringes of a struggling Bolton team?

Forgive me for saying that's a bit if a stretch.

• Like 1

It was a bad tackle and deserved a yellow, don't think he intentionally decided to try and smash him and therefore risk the red, it was nowhere near as bad as the likes of talksport and baggies fans are making out

As for the suspension, he was on 9 yellows, I do t think I'm stating the obvious when I say a 10th was coming at some point so a suspension was inevitable down the line anyway, and I don't remember there being uproar over the previous 9 cards or his previous 1 match ban, if he'd have been booked for a regular foul would we even be discussing it?

You just cant please some Villa fans.....win, lose or draw, they love to moan. Makes you wonder why some of them bother!

Exactly

I did forget to add, those saying he could have been sent off do realise he wasn't even booked for the tackle...

Which makes his conduct worse and less worthy of the praise some are giving him over it. He makes a stupid, pointless challenge, and instead of walking away and thanking his lucky stars that he was still on the pitch, he decides to get involved in afters and gets booked.

If he'd got booked for a regular foul of course we wouldn't be discussing it the same way. It's precisely the fact that it wasn't a booking through a regular foul, a mistake or mistimed challenge that I, and others, are pissed off with him. Both the challenge, that he should have walked for, and the afters that he got booked for  were unneccessary and avoidable.

I'm delighted that he put the cross in that led to the penalty. He's been one of the better players this season and I want him on the pitch, playing. I'm surprised that some are applauding him for doing something that didn't benefit Villa in the slightest and is instead detrimental to our chances against West Brom & Sunderland.

Alternatively.....he could just have left the Albion player to waltz around him and net the winner.....there's no pleasing some people!

So are trying to say his turnaround in form was due to the coaching he receives at bottom of the table Mallorca and his 5 games on the fringes of a struggling Bolton team?

He came back a better player is what im saying.

I know where you going with this, but Lambert's gone chap, leave it.

Exactly

Alternatively.....he could just have left the Albion player to waltz around him and net the winner.....there's no pleasing some people!

Is there not some kind of middle ground between completely polaxing another player with a petulant and rash kick out that could easily have resulted in a 3 match ban (and still on 9 yellows so a further 2 game ban possibly to follow soon after) and just walking off the pitch and giving up? No? No middle ground at all? He couldnt have....oh I dont know, tackled the player then continued playing without the kick or any afters? No?

• Like 1

Was he? Or was he never really that bad in the first place?

He had a too many rash challenges in him no skill at all. When he was brought back into the squad he looked a much better player. Still has the odd dirty foul in him, but much less than when he first came.

I think, like many others, he suffered badly for form under McLeish. I think he has worked hard at his game generally, his confidence is back and he's playing well. I don't think the loan has much to do with it frankly.

He came back a better player is what im saying.

I know where you going with this, but Lambert's gone chap, leave it.

Eh? You were the one who mentioned Lambert, chap.

Your like a 6 year old kid in the school playground. Making stuff up to fit your opinion. Hope your not the whinger who sits near to me moaning at every mispass.....certainly sounds like it. Love to moan and get disappointed when we win (warped mind syndrome).. So when we 'deservedly win', you have to have a go at someone to ease your obvious pain. FFS its football NOT ballet dancing!......he kicked him......so what?.......he was instrumental in winning the penalty that ultimately won us the game...ah now I see why your so disappointed and bitter........ffs.....get over it....back to school on Monday?

I think that you could do with reassessing the way you express your opinions. Edited by snowychap

'For no reason'......you know that for a fact do you?.....impossible mate. Were you there? Did you hear every word spoken between the two?......did you see all the off the ball incidents that I saw. I am guessing that you watched it on the box, in which case you cant really comment on the incident! TV viewers NEVER get a true picture of what goes on....your probably an armchair fan that takes every word spouted by tv pundits as gospel......its just NOT that simple!

I'm a season ticket holder 'mate', so you can stick your 'better fan' crap.

What were all these off the ball incidents between them then? Where was the provocation for that particular piece of stupidity.

Are you saying Berahino was goading Hutton into a stupid challenge? Well if he was then Hutton is an idiot for falling for it. If that was the case then Berahino has got one over on Hutton and you're applauding Hutton for being stupid enough to take the bait and weakening our side. Berahino will be getting himself ready for a major cup tie, Hutton won't.

We're down to the bare bones in defence and Hutton makes it worse, what a hero.

'Better fan crap'.....where are those words?.....they are not there....like making things up do you?.......Blue Peter badge is on its way to you as we speak lol

The 'better fan crap' is an obvious implication when you've got somebody making up rubbish about being an 'armchair fan that takes every word spouted by tv pundits as gospel.' 

Then there's the ridiculous assertion that if you weren't at the game you can't comment on an incident. Somebody watching that on TV would have had a better, and more detailed, view of it with replays and different angles etc than I did from the Holte in real time.

Your like a 6 year old kid in the school playground. Making stuff up to fit your opinion. Hope your not the whinger who sits near to me moaning at every mispass.....certainly sounds like it. Love to moan and get disappointed when we win (warped mind syndrome).. So when we 'deservedly win', you have to have a go at someone to ease your obvious pain. FFS its football NOT ballet dancing!......he kicked him......so what?.......he was instrumental in winning the penalty that ultimately won us the game...ah now I see why your so disappointed and bitter........ffs.....get over it....back to school on Monday?

There's no point in trying to have a discussion with someone who has to resort to pathetic insults.

Â