Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negatives - despite ITV's banal commentary that "the Villa kids are learning a lesson", it's the experienced players in Heskey, Gabby and Petrov who have let us down. Bloody awful. Team selection was odd, to say the least - they've just had two weeks off, so I can't see why the likes of Walker and NRC can't play.

Positives - Bannan, Delph. Can't wait to see more of these two (especially with Delph in his natural position). Clark has been very good as well.

After having to suffer watching SHA win at Wembley you would think that Houllier would want to give the Villa fans something to be happy about. Unless we get a **** miracle in the 2nd half then the noses will have something else to crow about!!

Gabby is crap, even the commentator said he was static. Petrov gets worse. Get a couple of subs and on and make City sweat a bit at least. We don't look like scoring at all. I can't wait for this season to be over so GH can get rid of some of the arm waving Vila players who seem to like losing the ball so they can blame the shape of the team, the ball or the crap mind readers who can't seem to understand what Petrov et al are trying to do. Useless some of them.

Another Houllier horrow show.

Herd should never have started aginst Man City.

Delph is not a left back.

Bradley/Bannan - arguably one of them but defintely not both should have started.

Heskey is rubbish - should never be our lone striker.

Gabby is not a left winger.

Delf is not a right winger.

Cheers Houllier.

Not great at all!! Gabby looks like he would be rather watching Waterloo Rd, Petrov is dire, not the game for Bradley to make his debut in.

Delph looks good, not as LB, but just in general, passing, possession.

Not sure what I think, I know I would rather not be checking the league everytime somebody in the bottom three scores, but then I do think we should have taken this a little more seriously

Overeaction on here. Even at full strength we wouldnt beat them at home. Keep the players fresh for bolton which is a massive game. Players on the park are expected to play better. Besides herd theyve all played before

Firstly I don't have a problem with the team selection, In fact for me its the senior players in the team that are letting us down. Gabby's been terrible and Heskeys done nothing however, I will forgive them for that though as the supply has been non-existent.

Petrov has been poor, Bradley is off the pace, We are defending too deep and Clark was poor for Balotelli's goal.

Delfouneso looks lively but he is getting crowded out of it, easliy been the best of the forwards. Bannan looks great in possession and Delph and Herd have done ok at fullback which is pleasing as they shouldn't really be playing there.

Man may have dominated possession but on the few occassions when have managed to build an attack we have looked Dangerous. I would take off Petrov and one of Heskey or Gabby.

Without taking away the utterly shite performances across the board I'll be happy if Petrov never plays for us again. Waste of space.

Bradley and Herd don't look good enough - though perhaps a little harsh to judge them for them to be both thrown into this team. Delph, Clark, Dunne and Bannan are the only players coming out with any credit here... Delfouneso has looked good compared to the other two immobile lumps up front though still not great.

The only good thing to come out of this is the prospect of Bannan and Delph as our future midfield partnership. Both been shining lights in an otherwise dog shit performance. Gabby and Petrov giving the ball away at every opportunity. Bradley looks more Roy Walker than Roy Keane. Can only see more Citeh goals.

This should help improve the financial situation too. Less prize money, low gates for the rest of the season and my guess would be a drop in season ticket sales next year. I suppose we won't have to pay Ashley Young next season now either! I fail to see how this helps us concentrate on the league. We'll have a two week break after this weekend now, I suppose they'll all piss off somewhere warm and sunny, come back and lose to Wolves!!!! Houllier has done it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my first look at Bradley for Villa, and he missed three clear opportunities to run into space and attack....for someone billed as a bob to box MF, he HAS to do this....he looks like he's playing not to make a mistake.

gabby has been vvank as has the fonz, maybe though it is because they are both being used on the left and right of midfield when neither can play the role at all?

both are about pace heading directly for the goals, not trying to collect it on the side, dribbling past a player and then providing a pin point pass into the middle

and even if either of them did, heskey wouldnt be there to finish it off anyway

herd is no way a right back, i thought he was a midfielder anyway?

the only good thing is delph getting another go at left back, some poor passes when on the attack but apart from that he has been solid at the back.

bradley has looked half decent as has bannan and dunne

clark has been good as has delph

petrov and herd have been wank

i dont care the kid is young, if we get raped 7-0 will it show that we played a youngster at the back? will it ****, it will say man shitty 7 aston villa 0

no excuses for not trying

petrov has bottled about as many tackles as downing and thats saying something

there were about 4 or 5 headers where it was 70/30 in favour of petrov and he let the ball bounce on every one of them, he got brushed aside on at least 6 occassions i can remember when he had the ball and he is basically wank tonight.

heskey should have been a 70th minute sub if we were chasing, not a starter, he starts as fast as the rest are after 70 minutes on a muddy pitch.

heskey needs taking off as does herd and petrov who is weaker than a kittens fart

young, walker and NRC need to be brought on to solidify the team

young should have been on from the start which would have meant downing could come on again if we are chasing the game.

i see no subs and probably none till the 65th minute by which time it will be too late