Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Blackpool striker James Beattie could end up playing in goal if the Seasiders fail to gain special dispensation to sign a new keeper. With Matt Gilks already out, the Tangerines are down to one shot-stopper after Paul Rachubka damaged his knee in training - leaving only the half-fit Richard Kingson available for Saturday's visit of Aston Villa. And Beattie has put his name down to fill in for Kingson, who has already needed substituting once this season because of injury.
Mirror via the BBC

Firstly, they will get in a keeper, secondly...let's be honest, probably over-dramatising Kingson's problems. If they don't get a sub goalie in, they'll be will be without a sub goalie, that's all.

Saying that, Beattie would make an adequate keeper, always stick the fat one in goal. Reid, Adam and Beattie, Taylor Fletcher were all heavily competing for the spot.

I believe we will win this. As many have said Blackpool are a bit shaky at the moment, they don't have strength in depth, players are bound to be a little demoralized. Adams wanted away but seems to be stuck there after the club pulled a fast one on deadline day and I think that has to play on the mind. They must now be fearing a relegation scrap too which may affect the players.

For us, we have been improving of late. We have 2 players that scored for their Country midweek so imagine they will be buzzing with confidence. We have a full squad to choose from and far more options than the Oranges. I'm not convinced Makoun will be overawed by Charlie Adam.

If the manager plays it right we can win this and put them firmly behind us.

I really don't care if we win 1-0 or 5-0 or 4-3 or something. I just want three points! A clean sheet would be a bonus but just 3 points. I want us to keep the run of form going, I was a lil disappointed by the Fulham result so just three points pelase!

Just a game we have to win and should win. We have far superior players all over the pitch and Blackpool on current form are the worst team in the league. Anythng less than a win is unacceptable and it really is way past time that we kicked on but to do so we have to win games against sides like this.

Just a game we have to win and should win. We have far superior players all over the pitch and Blackpool on current form are the worst team in the league. Anythng less than a win is unacceptable and it really is way past time that we kicked on but to do so we have to win games against sides like this.

Totally agree.

We looked tired against Fulhum in the second half due to the amount of games we've played recently, and I think Houllier said as much.

Unfortunately, with all our key players playing in midweek games, I cant see this improving massively.

If I see something, I normally say it, but that's gone now - I never hold any grudges and I can't wait to see Mr Houllier and his team here
- Holloway

I hope smash them so bad Blackpool as entire entity ends up prolapsing into insignificance.

Blackpool were given dispensation by the Premier League to bring in a goalkeeper on an emergency loan yesterday but failed to sign one by the 5pm deadline for today's match with Aston Villa.

Blackpool made enquiries to take Tottenham's Ben Alnwick, Manchester United's Tomasz Kuszczak and Preston's Andy Lonergan but all requests were rebuffed.

http://tinyurl.com/66t7lyz