Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

so annoyed at GH's obsession with Young and Gabby swapping roles.........

we will get to a few yards outside their area and not have a **** clue what to do coz we will be trying to play it through the centre.....

why buy one of the best strikers around for making runs/space in the box, then move our best winger inside resulting in no service from out wide?

Young has been playing inside months before Bent got here.

Petrov played 90mins IIRC midweek for Bulgaria. At his age, it is ideal to give him a rest. Good on Houllier!!

Seems weird that Bannan isn't getting on the bench but he is definitely in Houlliers plans for the future.

No Delfouneso is a strange one. I'm sure Houllier has valid reasons for all the decisions.

Good to see Cuellar getting a start. Lets hope he plays well and gets given a run of games. Collins also played 90mins midweek for Wales.

we will get to a few yards outside their area and not have a **** clue what to do coz we will be trying to play it through the centre.....

why buy one of the best strikers around for making runs/space in the box, then move our best winger inside resulting in no service from out wide?

Did you see play Young play behind Bent on Wednesday for England, if anything Gabby should be dropped for Albrighton.

Young has been playing inside months before Bent got here.

yeh thats true..i made it sound like it was since we bought Bent

either way he should be pushed back there IMO

my God Rooney has just scored an absolute worldy!!

Did you see play Young play behind Bent on Wednesday for England, if anything Gabby should be dropped for Albrighton.

yeh i did but that doesnt prove anything for me...

1 good performance for england as a striker versus 10+ inept ones for villa

Collins on the bench? He's a defender so surely wouldn't get that knackered. Squad rotation I guess but does seem odd.

Albrighton really should be starting instead of Gabby, playing big-names out of position instead of players on merit in their position is just not right. Petrov was pretty woeful last week and had a big trip mid week so understandable I guess.

Bannan >>>>>>> Pires.

Collins on the bench? He's a defender so surely wouldn't get that knackered. Squad rotation I guess but does seem odd.

Albrighton really should be starting instead of Gabby, playing big-names out of position instead of players on merit in their position is just not right. Petrov was pretty woeful last week and had a big trip mid week so understandable I guess.

Bannan >>>>>>> Pires.

Obviously never played football then?

Now I've read the thread, it looks like maybe internationals might have had an influence - Delfouneso played ninety minutes in Italy didn't he?

Ye. But Bent played 90 mins.

I think they did have an influence but Bent is just undroppable as we don't really have a replacement. Others we do

Now I've read the thread, it looks like maybe internationals might have had an influence - Delfouneso played ninety minutes in Italy didn't he?

Delfouneso played about 60-70 minutes in Italy, Albrighton played longer.

Glad Petrov isnt playing. We stand a chance of actually winning this midfield battle today. We need to get in their faces from the first whistle, and NRC will do just that. Hop Bradley get some playing time aswell.

Looks like Gabby is playing on the wing again. Not happy about that tbh but Young played well in the hole for England so lets see how the first half pans out befroe looking at changing things.

Can anybody tell me what our bench is today please??

Edit. Thanks rich