Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I think part of the reason Bannan has not looked so effective is the type of balls he plays require good movement, ie a midfielder running beyond. Who has he played with? Petrov. Reo-Coker. Hogg. How many times do they get beyond the striker? Gordon Cowans was a wonderful player but he always had a Mortimer, a Platt to knock the ball through to. Paul Merson had Ian Taylor to pick out; and so on. So hopefully Bradley - who IMO if he does well will be the closest thing we've had to Ian Taylor since, ERM, Ian Taylor - will help someone like Bannan. Whether that is for Saturday or not I don't know, but I felt it was an appropriate point to make with Bannan and Bradley both being mentioned for this game!

It's worth playing NRC just to sit him on Adam for the 90 minutes.

It might also be worth playing Bannan for two reasons: 1) Blackpool are a footballing side, so a game like this might suit him. 2) Former club rule.

On which basis I would like to see:

Friedel

Walker Collins Dunne Clark

Young Makoun NRC Bannan Downing

Bent

Still like to see what Bradley can bring to our midfield. Not sure if he will get a start though but I agree with the above, we really need a win here but I am not confident of one at the minute. Our defensive frailties could be exploited by a Blackpool team who's reserves got 2 against us at VP.

My fingers will remain crossed all week though.

I'd be happy with a point to be honest , much as i'd like to see us win Blackpool have proved this season that there a match for anybody .

I'd have agreed you a couple of months ago. Now they are the worst team in the league based on form. We really should be beating teams like this and moving away from the bottom third of the table in the process.

It's worth playing NRC just to sit him on Adam for the 90 minutes.

It might also be worth playing Bannan for two reasons: 1) Blackpool are a footballing side, so a game like this might suit him. 2) Former club rule.

On which basis I would like to see:

Friedel

Walker Collins Dunne Clark

Young Makoun NRC Bannan Downing

Bent

Young on the Right

Downing on the Left.

Okay... but what wing do you expect Gabby to play on?