Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people wouldn't make Albrighton a scapegoat and accuse him of not making it etc. He is young and needs to learn against the better teams. His time will come with the more experience he gets. The last thing we want to do is say he won't make it just 'cos he isn't playing out of his skin against Utd. Remember the quality of the opposition!

On the other hand, Downing looks totally lost. He is a seasoned pro now and has no excuses other than he is on the wrong wing, which may well be Albrighton's excuse as well to be fair. Why the hell does Houllier stubbornly persist with sticking square pegs in round holes?

Take off Downing and put Ash back on the left where he has always performed to his best. Put Gabby up front and swap Petrov - who looks shockingly out of sorts - and put NRC on to play alongside Makoun, who looks quality when on the ball.

Why is Ash Young dropping so deep to pick up the ball when we have Makoun and Petrov there??

Not entirely true. Petrov stands on top of Collins and Dunne so he doesn't receive the ball and can do a simple tap backwards when he does...

Frustrates me seeing Downing on the right, it also frustrates me seeing Agbonlahor and Albrighton on the left.