Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Like a lot of folks on this forum I was puzzled when Clark was dropped for Baker. But I'm starting to see the wisdom in it now. This season both Clark and Baker have been given decent runs of games alongside Vlaar, and both of them are showing big improvement as a result. I think Baker is still a little too rash in the tackle occasionally, but he's showed so much more composure on the ball in the last few games -- just as Clark showed in his earlier run of games alongside Vlaar.

God I wish we can keep all four of Vlaar, Okore, Clark and Baker somewhat healthy next season. Our defense would be so strong. And quite flexible aswell with many different combinations for Lambert to use without compromising quality too much.

God I wish we can keep all four of Vlaar, Okore, Clark and Baker somewhat healthy next season. Our defense would be so strong. And quite flexible aswell with many different combinations for Lambert to use without compromising quality too much.

If they're all fit, we could play a 6-1-2-1 formation when we play Real Madrid in the Champions League final in 2015/16!
  • Like 3

If they're all fit, we could play a 6-1-2-1 formation when we play Real Madrid in the Champions League final in 2015/16!

Suits me fine. So long as we get there!

Worse than Gabby today.........don't think so, and yet golden boy is on £50k per week, and Baker on £10k?

Not sure why Baker attracts all the hate, would'nt be playing if Okores was fit, yet consistently gets abuse.Midfield is where we lost it today, not strong enough, or positive enough, apart from Delph we are poor in midfield.Get a good midfielder, and Baker won't be half the problem.

I never jumped back on the Nathan Baker bandwagon personally despite his recent up-turn. I just don't think he is good enough especially regarding his reading of the game and his recklessness/clumsiness in reacting to his lack of this. 

The 3rd goal, i'd give you RICO, but watch Westwood for the 1st 2.Doesn't track his man for the 1st, and Bertrand should have come across quicker, for the 2nd one Weimann falls over, and Westwoods positioning means he doesn't cut out the cross.So down to Baker completely?.......not sure.

Â