Kenny Dalglish

dont_do_it_doug.

but will still not get abused by his fans. Stoke, Norwich, Swansea and even Blackburn have took points at Klanfield this season.

Out of his depth

no doubt about it.

Any other manager and i'm sure abuse would be thrown around but because it's King Kenny he seems to get away with it.

Still not sure they are top 4 material in my opinion.

Terrible manager, terrible human being.

The first part I'll admit, is open to debate. The second couldn't be further from the truth. His stance on the Suarez issue was hugely misguided but his inability to criticise his own players makes him no different to most other premiership managers. I'd be interested to hear what else he has done to warrant such a damning indictment but I think we've had this conversation before not that long ago.

Liverpools greatest ever player.

Better than Gerrard?

Absolutely.

Scotland's greatest ever player?

Dunno. I would imagine the vote would be split between him, Denis Law and Jimmy Johnstone. If you are too young to have seen Kenny play then it is probably worth trying to find some video of him. He was the best player in the league when he was at Liverpool and when Liverpool were dominating European football in a way that Barcelona are today, he was their best player by a mile. I dread to think what he would be worth if he were around today.

So was he an out and out striker?

And why did he resign as manager of Liverpool?

Decent enough manager.

But since taking over at Liverpool he's come across as an absolute prick.

Still unsure about him being a good manager. Ok he has won the prem with Blackburn but remember at the time they were the big mOney spender then if I remember correctly he failed miserably at barcodes?

Liverpools greatest ever player.

Better than Gerrard?

Absolutely.

Scotland's greatest ever player?

Dunno. I would imagine the vote would be split between him, Denis Law and Jimmy Johnstone. If you are too young to have seen Kenny play then it is probably worth trying to find some video of him. He was the best player in the league when he was at Liverpool and when Liverpool were dominating European football in a way that Barcelona are today, he was their best player by a mile. I dread to think what he would be worth if he were around today.

So was he an out and out striker?

And why did he resign as manager of Liverpool?

Dalglish? Nah, Ian Rush was the out and out striker in the great Liverpool team, Dalglish was more of a playmaker who chipped in with plenty of goals. I guess Suarez is a similar sort of player, but Dalglish scored more. I think you would call him a "false nine" if he were playing today, but he was the little guy who made everything tick. I guess Zola and Cantona played similar roles for Chelsea and Man Utd back in the day. Make no mistake, Kenny Dalglish was an exceptional footballer.

Why did he resign first time round? Hillsborough. Hillsborough was what finished Liverpool as the dominant force in football really. They still had a lot of very good players and won the league a year later, but the disaster affected everybody, and some people just needed to get out of the city. Apparently Dalglish attended twenty odd funerals of fans who had died and it all just got too much for him. I dont think any Liverpool fans blame him for resigning when he did, it must have been almost impossible for him at the time.

Still not sure they are top 4 material in my opinion.

They way it is looking at the moment, the top four will be Manure, Citeh, Spuds plus one of Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal and Liverpool. Nobody will doubt the two Manchester clubs and Spuds form is not showing signs of dipping.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle are 10/11 points off the top three so Chelsea have the advantage and look most likely to maintain it. Out of those seven teams, Liverpool are looking the most disjointed and therefore the least likely to get top 4.

I think I said at the start of the season Liverpool would finish 6th/7th this year, and I stand by that prediction. I'm really hoping they do not qualify for any European competition this year as half the squad will want out in the summer and they will be forced into transition.

However, I reckon KK knows they are not good enough for Champions League and they are going balls out to win the Carling Cup.

Even at the beginning of the season when they were the best team in the world (as they always are at that time of year) I couldn't see them getting any higher than 5th. Now I can't even see them getting higher than 6th. For the money they've spent that would be a pretty poor showing indeed.

The guy needs to retire and just enjoy his money on the Spanish fairways

Why would he do that when he lives about 500 yards from one of the greatest golf courses in the world?

You know why Dalglish isn't getting the stick you think he should? It's because it isn't seen as his fault, he doesn't buy the players, Comolli does. It's yet another example of the DOF not actually working in British football. Liverpool fans are blaming Comolli for buying Carroll (for £35mil :lol: ), Downing and the other failures. Most of the fans are begging the board to get rid of Comolli and allow Dalglish to do the deals, get the players he wants.

The guy needs to retire and just enjoy his money on the Spanish fairways

Why would he do that when he lives about 500 yards from one of the greatest golf courses in the world?

You know why Dalglish isn't getting the stick you think he should? It's because it isn't seen as his fault, he doesn't buy the players, Comolli does. It's yet another example of the DOF not actually working in British football. Liverpool fans are blaming Comolli for buying Carroll (for £35mil :lol: ), Downing and the other failures. Most of the fans are begging the board to get rid of Comolli and allow Dalglish to do the deals, get the players he wants.

I insist, nay demand that Comolli stays at Liverpool for many years...

Â