Kenny Dalglish

dont_do_it_doug.

Really don't understand the hate in this thread.
It's just spiteful shite, easily explained away by the facts that i] this is the internet and ii] Dalglish has the audacity to work for a club other than Aston Villa.

Kenny is a genuine great of the game. Has there ever been a better player/manager? Id argue that Dalglish is the most talented individual to have graced English football.

Has there ever been a better player/manager?

Other than Ian Dowie, you mean?

EDIT: Being serious, I'd never really looked at Kenny's managerial record. I knew he won the title with Blackburn, didn't realise he won 3 titles in 6 years at Liverpool as well. :shock:

I'm fairly sure Fran's hatred is by association. If it can be associated with Liverpool FC then Fran will hate it :) He's consistent with that so you know where you stand :thumb:

"Has there ever been a better player/manager?" Rinus Michels unarguably the greatest manager ever. Do you mean combinded careers? If so I think Carlo Ancelotti would be saying who the **** is Kenny Dalglish.

Pep Guardiola, look at his record and he has only just turned 40.

It's just spiteful shite, easily explained away by the facts that i] this is the internet and ii] Dalglish has the audacity to work for a club other than Aston Villa.

Kenny is a genuine great of the game. Has there ever been a better player/manager? Id argue that Dalglish is the most talented individual to have graced English football.

That's not fair. My dislike has nothing to do with who he manages or what he has done in the game. It's the miserable, dour way in which he conducts himself that I can't stand. You're one of the most talented blokes to grace the league, smile you **** eijit.

I get told that he is one of the best footballers to come out of the UK. The thing I most respect about him and his family though is the Marina Dalglish Appeal. I have the highest respects for them and their help for Aintree Hospital. My Uncle who plays golf with him at Hillside commented that compared to Hansen, Dalglish is down to earth and very likeable.

That's not fair. My dislike has nothing to do with who he manages or what he has done in the game. It's the miserable, dour way in which he conducts himself that I can't stand. You're one of the most talented blokes to grace the league, smile you **** eijit.

He's Scottish - it's just not that easy ;)

(I can say that, I'm a Scot too!)

"Has there ever been a better player/manager?" Rinus Michels unarguably the greatest manager ever. Do you mean combinded careers? If so I think Carlo Ancelotti would be saying who the **** is Kenny Dalglish.

Pep Guardiola, look at his record and he has only just turned 40.

I was referring to combined careers. Dalglish was a much better player than Ancelotti (yes, I am old enough to remember him playing) and Guardiola were. There have been much better managers than Dalglish, of that there is no doubt, but four league titles as a manager (spread over two clubs) and two FA cups is not to be sniffed at. It's just a shame that English clubs were banned from Europe during Kenny's first spell at Liverpool manager because it's interesting to see how he would have fared there. Winning the league and FA cup double in 85/86 as a player manager is one of the great achievements in the game.

Ancelotti is a bit of an overrated manager, in my opinion. To spend a decade managing Juve and Milan and only have 1 league title is a very, very, poor return. Not least because of the teams he managed, but the Milan squad he inherited when he took over was incredible. He put too much stock in the Champions League for a few seasons, by putting out a half arsed team in the league every week and giving up on the Scudetto, to help them get further in the Champions League which is a bit naff really.

Kenny is better, in my opinion, looking at their record. As a player though I can't really have any input.

A legend at his club. His club is Liverpool. I have absoluteley no interest in or discussing what Liverpool FC get up to, therefore I really don't care.

Media circus is tiresome, but expected

Geez/

• 11 months later...
Â