Kenny Dalglish

dont_do_it_doug.

The guy needs to retire and just enjoy his money on the Spanish fairways

Why would he do that when he lives about 500 yards from one of the greatest golf courses in the world?

He's got a big pad on La Manga right on the South Course

He used to always be out there with Hansen who's another big golfer and resident

You could say it was Comolli who laid the foundation for the current Spurs side though.

You could also say it was Comilli who bought David Bentley and Darren Bent (when Spurs clearly didnt need him) too.

Why would he do that when he lives about 500 yards from one of the greatest golf courses in the world?

He used to always be out there with Hansen who's another big golfer and resident

Both Hansen and Dalglish live about 500 yards from Royal Birkdale.

Carroll - £35m

Downing - £20m

Henderson - £20m

Adam - £10m

How much would these guys fetch it they had to sell them now?

Carroll - £10m?

Downing - £8m?

Henderson - £7m?

Adam - £5m?

That'dl be a cool £55,000,000 loss :shock:

Carroll - £35m

Downing - £20m

Henderson - £20m

Adam - £10m

How much would these guys fetch it they had to sell them now?

Carroll - £10m?

Downing - £8m?

Henderson - £7m?

Adam - £5m?

That'd be a cool £35,000,000 loss :shock:

Maths is fun, 35+20+20+10= 85

10+ 8+ 7 + 5 = 30

loss = difference between 85-30=

:winkold:

Both Hansen and Dalglish live about 500 yards from Royal Birkdale.

They're also neighbours in La Manga

Of course Kenny would want the players otherwise he'd be kicking up a storm saying the DOF has too much control. Then again, after his Downing comments, perhaps if he watched a few more games last season we could have got £25-30 million for him. :lol:

Vastly overrated as a manager

Is the very definition of cheque book manager imo

If you can vastly over rate a man who has won the league title managing two different clubs. He was the last person to do that, the person before that was Brian Clough and before that? I really don't know but I suspect we're going back a long time.

His name is rightly mentioned in the same tones as Clough, Paisley & Fergusson. If you were saying he's better than those three then you'd probably be right, he's over-rated (

I also find it deeply ironic that your criticism of him is that he's a "cheque book manager" which is the very thing you've been arguing that Villa should have as you seemingly want Randy to sell up to someone with the financial clout to compete with the Man Citeh's of the world.

That appears to be hypocrisy and nonsense all in two short sentences.

If I had to compare Dogleash to anyone it would be Graham Taylor in the sense that the landscape of football has changed since his Mk I and his comeback as Mk II. It appears as though his football and management are from a time gone by. He shouldn't have come back, though I don't blame him for wanting to. It's just that hindsight is 20/20.

If I had to compare Dogleash to anyone it would be Graham Taylor in the sense that the landscape of football has changed since his Mk I and his comeback as Mk II. It appears as though his football and management are from a time gone by. He shouldn't have come back, though I don't blame him for wanting to. It's just that hindsight is 20/20.

I'd probably agree with that. I think his return was ill advised too, been out of the game too long but that doesn't compare him to GT imo GT was never out of the game for any period of time, he'd just been found out as not being as good as the initial publicity suggested

I also find it deeply ironic that your criticism of him is that he's a "cheque book manager" which is the very thing you've been arguing that Villa should have as you seemingly want Randy to sell up to someone with the financial clout to compete with the Man Citeh's of the world.

That appears to be hypocrisy and nonsense all in two short sentences.

Not necessarily let me explain.

I do think that we need more money to be able to compete at the top end, no question. But I think we also need a manager with decent skills to be able to ensure that the money we spend would not be wasted and to build for a long term future for the club.

For example it would be no good we get a new owner who makes me manager as I would probably waste 200M as , I will be the first to admit, I do not maintain the skills to be a top flight manager.

For Dalglish for me he is a manager who is not that good a manager and it is the money spent that makes him so.

There are good managers who achieve relative success without as much money as him.

Just because I want Villa to spend money and to compete at the top end of the table, does not mean that we do not need a decent manager as well.

Is a cheque book manager, one who can win the double at his first attempt by spending only £350,000 on one player and bringing in 2 small fee transfers (letting 4 players go in the process) ?

Dalglish's first season at Liverpool, he managed that buying Steve MacMahon from us, the other players that came in were reserve keeper Mike Hooper and Gary Ablett who they loaned straight back to Hull. He actually let Phil Neal, Michael Robinson and Bob Bolder go.

That seems to be the type of manager you want isn't it Richard?

Â