Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

To allow all this speculation is a bit poor in my view. Why can't the club just put out a statement explaining what's happening?

Because the statement would just say "There's an administrative hold up in Makoun's registration due to issues with international clearance. We're working to get them resolved as soon as possible."

That's something we already know so what's the point in them even saying it?

To allow all this speculation is a bit poor in my view. Why can't the club just put out a statement explaining what's happening?

Because the statement would just say "There's an administrative hold up in Makoun's registration due to issues with international clearance. We're working to get them resolved as soon as possible."

You don't actually KNOW this at all. It has been speculated as such in the media.

If the club confirmed the story either they'd look bad or it would make the player look bad

I still don't think the story adds up personally

Actually, we don't know that.

That's why there is all the speculation.

There's also no reason why the club couldn't explain exactly what the issue is. (So far we've had offered: work permit, Greek incompetence over registration and Makoun's lack of good English.)

I strongly suspect someone at VP has screwed up on this and that is why we have the embarrassed silence.

And MirrorFootball understands one of those complications is his inability to pass the English language test, after he discontinued lessons while he was living in Greece.

Is this for getting a 2nd visa only?

Surely they could have these English tests for englishmen as well like Rooney or carragher ;)

Bit of a weird one the whole Makoun saga from start to finish. He was lacklustre on the pitch, if he was the same in training and attitude no wonder he was sent to Greece

but the fella who sent him to Greece would be last player id take his opinion from on football matters especially a player that could pass a football :P

And MirrorFootball understands one of those complications is his inability to pass the English language test, after he discontinued lessons while he was living in Greece.

Is this for getting a 2nd visa only?

Surely they could have these English tests for englishmen as well like Rooney or carragher ;)

Beggers the question why he couldnt use the initial english language certificate, if this is not possible then how did he manage to pass the first test for his initial visa and now struggling to do this test again, its pretty much the same damn test!!

Bit of a weird one the whole Makoun saga from start to finish. He was lacklustre on the pitch, if he was the same in training and attitude no wonder he was sent to Greece.

Yet you make excuses for Gabby being lacklustre because of the way the team was set up under Houllier and McLeish, but if we had sent him off on loan I bet you wouldn't have been happy.

Bit of a weird one the whole Makoun saga from start to finish. He was lacklustre on the pitch, if he was the same in training and attitude no wonder he was sent to Greece.

Yet you make excuses for Gabby being lacklustre because of the way the team was set up under Houllier and McLeish, but if we had sent him off on loan I bet you wouldn't have been happy.

I didn't make excuses for Gabby being lacklustre, and I wasn't happy with Makoun going out on loan.

maybe his days are numbered :oops:

Makoun is losing valuable time as a result of personal issues and visa complications. It is unfortunate because the style of play that PL is getting the players to play would suit Makoun and he might well be the "missing link" in the middle of the park with his incisive one touch passing game.

I for one hope he manages to get back to BMH before the season starts and manages to show enough to be on the squad. I would like to see how he fits after an extended run of games under a manager who has more nous in his little finger than the last two managers put together.

Having seen the opening few games of the new era it certainly seems like Makoun is a player that Lambert can use.

Whether he fits in is another thing, because previously I seem to remember rumours of him not settling, learning the language etc. That might be just noise.

It seems he likes his deep lying CM's to be real ball players and Makoun is certainly that.

I hope he can get these Visa issues sorted so Lambert can run rule over him promptly.

Â