Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Isn't it more clearence - the two f.as confirming he isn't going to be in Greece as a registered player and in the prem - as opposed to actual work permit?

i think it was confirmed that the hold up was because Olympiakos had registered Makoun as a perm player and not on loan deeming his Visa to work for Aston Villa void! because of this we have had to re-apply... I'm sure Mat Kendrick said something along those lines on his chat a few days ago. the hold up is because we are now awaiting for Olypiakos to confirm to work permit department that he was only on loan and not perm! things should all then be sorted!

hope this is the case anyhow

If that is true then

(a) it makes the management of AVFC look incompetent, they should never have allowed that situation to occur and

(B) that slapdash approach also indicates that it was never intended that Makoun should return (for whatever reason)

Herd and Makoun are two different types of midfielder.
That's putting it mildly.

One is a good at headers, very energetic, good at tackling, not creative and very average at passing.

The other has never headed a ball, has average energy, is average at tackling, pretty creative and is an absolutely brilliant passer.

The other has never headed a ball, has average energy, is average at tackling, pretty creative and is an absolutely brilliant passer.

Never headed a ball (well) - tick

Average Energy - tick

Is average at tackling - nope he's bloody abysmal in the PL, archetypal headless chicken

pretty creative - this doesn't actually mean anything does it? If it does I have no idea what

absolutely brilliant passer - no Sid was an absolutely brilliant passer of the ball, Makoun merely taps it straight away to the nearest player, regardless of whether that player wants it due to marking or not

He may well be a good player in leagues with a slower paced game but for me he doesn't have the speed of thought required for the PL and at 29 I doubt he'll ever adapt.

absolutely brilliant passer - no Sid was an absolutely brilliant passer of the ball, Makoun merely taps it straight away to the nearest player, regardless of whether that player wants it due to marking or not

I'd go along with that. In my 30 odd years following Aston Villa Sid is the only player I would describe as a brilliant passer. Makoun doesn't come anywhere near that level. Not in the same league. The only thing they have in common is they have both worn our great shirt.

right this english language story is definitely dodgy. #you need a very basic knowledge of English language to enter on that particular visa, called A1 CEFCR, it is the most basic of basics of English which any tom dick and harry can pass. Think of a ruler as a yardstick for learning English and A1 is at THE very bottom

Tier 2 (Sportsperson), you must be

able to understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases, to

introduce yourself and others, and to ask and answer questions about very basic personal

details. This must be equivalent to level A1 or above on the CEFR.

Taken from UKBA Tier 2 policy guidance

Secondly, he entered the UK a year ago, the english language certificate he used previously would still be valid this time round. As I said in my previous post, all too dodgy or perhaps just a bogus report...who knows

Never headed a ball (well) - tick

Average Energy - tick

Is average at tackling - nope he's bloody abysmal in the PL, archetypal headless chicken

pretty creative - this doesn't actually mean anything does it? If it does I have no idea what

He may well be a good player in leagues with a slower paced game but for me he doesn't have the speed of thought required for the PL and at 29 I doubt he'll ever adapt.

Ha ha. 1. Say something is "absolutely brilliant" on a football forum. 2. Prepare to face the music.

I'll go with Sid being the better passer, and Makoun being the quicker. There are times when quicker > better.

Anyway, what are we talking about Sid for? I'm sure he has retired from playing.

I hereby declare that I will S.T.F.U. about Makoun until he plays another game for us (which seems ever more unlikely). My argument will be far stronger then, he he.

Why are we talking about Sid in a Makoun thread? Any comparison is laughable. Sid is still the best player I've seen play for Villa. Is it true he used to kick the ball into a shopping bag from 40 yards? I hope Makoun works out but it isn't likely now.

ean Makoun's Aston Villa career is in jeopardy - because he has not learned to speak English.

Cameroon midfielder Makoun was signed by Gerard Houllier from Lyon in January 2011 for £6million.

But he was loaned out to Greek side Olympiacos for last season by Houllier's successor Alex McLeish.

Makoun has been told he would be considered again this season under Villa's new boss, Paul Lambert, but the 29-year-old has not yet returned to England because of work permit complications.

And MirrorFootball understands one of those complications is his inability to pass the English language test, after he discontinued lessons while he was living in Greece.

Makoun may now be part of Lambert's shake-up as the Scot seeks to wheel and deal.

It is from The Mirror so more than likely made up

The whole work permit issue becomes a little clearer - however, I wonder if we're not exactly busting a gut to get the permit anyway?

Maybe we're stalling so we can use Makoun as a makeweight for other potential signings such as Doumbia or Brahimi?

Sid is still the best player I've seen play for Villa. Is it true he used to kick the ball into a shopping bag from 40 yards?
Sid could probably have kicked the shopping bag 40 yards onto the football. Blindfolded.

TBH if the language thing is true then it's poor form that he hasn't made any progress learning the language of the country where his employer is based. Which shows me that he's not overly bothered with making this move work either. So if he's not bothered then why should we be? And that's from someone who is relatively positive about his abilities as a player. If nothing else, it shows a less-than-brilliant attitude on his part. Or rather, a typically French* attitude on his part.

* 10 years in Ligue 1 has rubbed off on him.

Just out of curiosity, how the hell did he come to the final home game of Villa's season?
To be honest by that stage deand for tickets wasn't that great as we had had a shit season so I would imagine he got a ticket relatively easily.

Â