Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

You may find as his original visa was issued on the basis he was in UK working for AVFC - within a few months he was in Greece working there. Therefore he has spent more time since signing for us in Greece working than UK - that may well cause some problems with his visa.

You may find as his original visa was issued on the basis he was in UK working for AVFC - within a few months he was in Greece working there. Therefore he has spent more time since signing for us in Greece working than UK - that may well cause some problems with his visa.

For a UK company. Complicated stuff. Too complicated for me.

Not really my plaice to say.

Being an Immigration Consultant I'll give my 2 pence on the Makoun work permit story:

I do find this story rather perplexing given that Makoun signed for us in 2011 and therefore would have received a 3 year visa. The fact that he was loaned out on a temporary basis would have meant that AVFC would have had to contact the UKBA and inform them of this temporary arrangement. From my understanding this ought not to invalidate his 3 year visa, which allows him to freely leave and re-enter the UK within that 3 year period.

The only reason for requiring entry permission is if his previous visa has been invalidated. If it is seen that he is no longer an employee of AVFC then this may well be the case for requiring entry clearance. Well there may be a legitimate reason why he requires entry clearance which we simply are not privy to!

On the face of it though, it does seem rather odd!

On Guzan, I would presume he already has a visa to remain in the UK, therefore no issues there.

For a UK company. Complicated stuff. Too complicated for me.

Not really my plaice to say.

Yes, something definitely smells fishy.

Isn't it more clearence - the two f.as confirming he isn't going to be in Greece as a registered player and in the prem - as opposed to actual work permit?

i think it was confirmed that the hold up was because Olympiakos had registered Makoun as a perm player and not on loan deeming his Visa to work for Aston Villa void! because of this we have had to re-apply... I'm sure Mat Kendrick said something along those lines on his chat a few days ago. the hold up is because we are now awaiting for Olypiakos to confirm to work permit department that he was only on loan and not perm! things should all then be sorted!

hope this is the case anyhow

Traing is working so if his work permit is being held up its logical he can't train.

Surely if Aston Villa give permission anyone can turn up to bodymoor heath and train with the squad.

You could say that about any job. What's to stop him coming in and helping out round my office as well if my boss gives him permission?

I'm pretty sure both cases would be illegal until he has a permit to work.

I don´t know about England, because you are not part of Schengen. But I am sure in sweden, no workpermit, no visa. Makoun is from Cameroon in Africa. I don´t think imigration in your country allows africans in without workpermit and visa.

During PL's interview after the game yesterday, he spoke about the players he still had to come back. He mentioned Stevie, Fabian, Richard and Shay, Marc Albrighton. Makoun was conspicuously absent.

I think he'll be sold, and in reality it might not be a bad idea because we don't know how he's going to work out and we can probably get quite a reasonable fee for him. I think there are other areas of the team where £5m might be better spent.

During PL's interview after the game yesterday, he spoke about the players he still had to come back. He mentioned Stevie, Fabian, Richard and Shay, Marc Albrighton. Makoun was conspicuously absent.

I think he'll be sold, and in reality it might not be a bad idea because we don't know how he's going to work out and we can probably get quite a reasonable fee for him. I think there are other areas of the team where £5m might be better spent.

I believe until the work permit and visa situation are sorted, Makoun must be considered to be unemployable by Aston Villa, hence no mention by PL of him, nor any sight of him in the squad on the OS.

Isn't it more clearence - the two f.as confirming he isn't going to be in Greece as a registered player and in the prem - as opposed to actual work permit?

i think it was confirmed that the hold up was because Olympiakos had registered Makoun as a perm player and not on loan deeming his Visa to work for Aston Villa void! because of this we have had to re-apply... I'm sure Mat Kendrick said something along those lines on his chat a few days ago. the hold up is because we are now awaiting for Olypiakos to confirm to work permit department that he was only on loan and not perm! things should all then be sorted!

That at least makes sense among a lot of speculation that has otherwise all seemed a bit incoherent.

Have to say I'm a bit gloomy if we have to wait for a Greek company/organisation to sort out its paperwork, however. We could be waiting a long time. :(

I'm confused by the whole work permit thing anyway, he already has one I thought, he was granted one when we signed him, not only that, if he signed for another club in the UK, he would automatically be granted a work permit there even if he no longer fitted the International caps criteria, once granted a wp, my understanding was that it lasted as long as the club retained his registration and that if he decided to change clubs it would be valid for the second club too, only on the third club would he have to reapply.

I'm sure the wording wasn't work permit anyway, it was international clearance, which again should be a formality, it reverts back to us automatically on July 1st, surely, when his loan period ran out.

Herd makes Makoun surplus to requirements IMO.

Herd has settled nicely into Villa and into the Premiership, is cheaper and younger and hungrier. Depending what Lambert thinks of them after pre-season, I can see Herd being ahead of him in the pecking order.

Silly Greeks...no wonder their economy has gone tits up. :winkold:

Â