Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Where, when , which planet ?

Are we talking about the same player

Versus Man Utd.
And Wigan and Fulham.

J2M did not play well in the 2-2 home game with Fulham

I was at the game and watched Sidwell & Murphy dominate the midfield

As for this supposed great game J2M had at OT ?? No he didn't, he was ineffective and irrelevant. United coasted in 2nd gear to a very easy 3-1 win

:lol:

It's true! If he'd turned up in a cardigan or one of those sleeveless v neck type things I'd be his biggest fan.

When we've got Delph, Gardner, Herd, Bannan and Johnson all desperate for minutes on the pitch I see little point in hoping a 29 year old Makoun will adjust to life in the premiership this season.

I want us to start thinking and planning long term and makoun is not a long term solution IMO.

Makoun showed flashes.

If anyone was brave enough to buy the 10/11 season review then it would probably be good for this thread if they could have a look back from January-March (when we actually won a couple of games).

Fairly sure Makoun was involved in some of the goals and missed chances. Pretty sure he played a part in the own goal against Fulham on his own debut, he also set up Gabby against Blackpool and the Young chance that hit the bar against Wolves.

What was less positive was he really struggled to get to grips with the pace of the game hence he got booked a few times lunging in (the one at Blackpool was just a poor challenge).

I would like to think though that would come over time and so we should look at the more positive and creative elements of his game.

I hope he gets another chance tbh.

Does he even speak English yet?

If he doesn't then its a bit of a joke. Before being loaned out he was with us for the best part of 8 months and his loan ended a couple of months ago. Given the amount of downtime players have he should have at least got a decent grasp of it. It would also indicate his eagerness to knuckle down and do all he can to be a success with us.

If reports are to be believed and we are looking to off load him then I hope we can get a couple of mill back of the 6 mill we paid for him.

Mark I know you don't like the player but don't use MON type figures, it was actually 5Million Euros.

According to the report below from the bbc at the time we signed him it was 6 million pound.

Think we'll be lucky to get a 3rd of that back.

From the BBC

£6m is also the figure given by Soccerbase and Transfer League. Isn't this much-quoted €5m figure just wrong? Where does it come from?

On the language thing, I hope JIIM took inspiration from Stiliyan Petrov who, when he first turned up in Glasgow, worked in his spare time in a fish and chip van to help him get to grips with the Glaswegian accent.

Versus Man Utd.
And Wigan and Fulham.

The TV commentators and I disagreed with that statement.

if the tv commentators said it, it must be true

for me he was poor in that game, poor vs everton, poor vs blackpool, anonymous vs wigan, didnt watch the man yoo game but by all accounts he played well there, cant remember the other games off the top of my head (EDIT: set up ashley young but was generally battered by karl henry vs wolves as well)

hope he does a lot better if he is still around next season

Versus Man Utd.
And Wigan and Fulham.

The TV commentators and I disagreed with that statement.

if the tv commentators said it, it must be true

After the Wigan game people on the match thread were saying stuff like "He's too good for us". A very annoying thing to say, yes, but it suggests that he didn't play too badly in that game.

Anyway, it's not the TV commentators saying it that makes it true...;)

I'm surprised he doesn't score more with his head. I heard he's a good jumper. Or did I pick that up wrong.

I suspect you missed the words "eye for a" between "good" and "jumper". Also suspect you knew this already. But what the hell, it's a slow day.

Â