Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun seems to have contracted the Reo-Coker syndrome.

The less he plays for Villa the better he becomes on Villatalk

NRC was one of our best players when played in the correct position in Houllier's team.

He was so good when he became available on a free Bolton was the best team that showed an interest. He then went and helped them to get relegated.

Like Makoun average player but for some reason always hyped by people on here.

Give him a chance.

What exactly do you mean by give him a chance ?

There is competition for his place from, Herd, Bannan, Delph, Gardner, Karim, Clark, Ireland - is giving him a chance putting him in the first team ahead of those players regardless ?

For me he has to earn his chance - and to be honest a £5m player - with CL experience should blow some of our existing players out of the water. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes.

I am sure Lambert (as any manager) will watch him in training and select the midfield positions on merit. If he arrives at the same conclusion as other managers then Makoun maybe on the fringes rather than the first team.

Makoun if he is as good as some on here suggest - holds all the cards - even if PL ships him out - he still has the chance to sparkle at his new club - and prove the doubters wrong.

For me he looks a player on easy street - happy to cruise along - picking up his salary cheque - be that in the reserves, on loan at another club - or a permanent deal elsewhere ..............he doesn't appear to have a clamour of clubs chasing his signature. But its all down to him - if he can't impress the manager that he is better than Bannan and co - well thats enough for me.

I reckon KEA and J2M could form a nice little partnership in the middle along with Ireland just in front.

J2M is an intelligent footballer, Ireland too. KEA looks like he reads the game well. Get KEA to be the ball winner, J2M to be the deep lying playmaker and have Ireland in a free role in front of them.

Makoun seems to have contracted the Reo-Coker syndrome.

The less he plays for Villa the better he becomes on Villatalk

NRC was one of our best players when played in the correct position in Houllier's team.

He was so good when he became available on a free Bolton was the best team that showed an interest. He then went and helped them to get relegated.

Like Makoun average player but for some reason always hyped by people on here.

I don't think that many hyped him. Just that some of us liked what we saw when he was good and would've want to see more from him. He had bad games and he had good games. For me those good games encouraged me to think he might be very good for us. But just might.

I reckon KEA and J2M could form a nice little partnership in the middle along with Ireland just in front.

J2M is an intelligent footballer, Ireland too. KEA looks like he reads the game well. Get KEA to be the ball winner, J2M to be the deep lying playmaker and have Ireland in a free role in front of them.

depends on the formation lambert will play, but i think they coudl make a very good pair. we'd actually be able to win the ball back and then KEEP it for a while. madness. really want to see what sort of formation lambert is thinking about. maybe a 4-1-4-1 would suit us now, KEA behind zog, ireland J2M and holman/alby with bent up top?

This, with two good wingers and Bent up front, is what I'd like to see too. And Gardner, Carruthers, Albrighton coming in one at the time every now and then.

Give him a chance.

There is competition for his place from, Herd, Bannan, Delph, Gardner, Karim, Clark, Ireland - is giving him a chance putting him in the first team ahead of those players regardless ?

For me he has to earn his chance - and to be honest a £5m player - with CL experience should blow some of our existing players out of the water. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes.

I am sure Lambert (as any manager) will watch him in training and select the midfield positions on merit. If he arrives at the same conclusion as other managers then Makoun maybe on the fringes rather than the first team.

Makoun if he is as good as some on here suggest - holds all the cards - even if PL ships him out - he still has the chance to sparkle at his new club - and prove the doubters wrong.

For me he looks a player on easy street - happy to cruise along - picking up his salary cheque - be that in the reserves, on loan at another club - or a permanent deal elsewhere ..............he doesn't appear to have a clamour of clubs chasing his signature. But its all down to him - if he can't impress the manager that he is better than Bannan and co - well thats enough for me.

Yeah thats what I mean at least give him a chance to earn a chance to play...And if he doesn't perform ship him out easy. its like that for every single Villa player now. If he does not perform well then yes I will agree to get rid of him...Judging by that logic we should get rid of Gabby as well, seems happy to just pick up his money every week even though he is not performing.

Give him a chance.

Yeah thats what I mean at least give him a chance to earn a chance to play...And if he doesn't perform ship him out easy. its like that for every single Villa player now. If he does not perform well then yes I will agree to get rid of him...Judging by that logic we should get rid of Gabby as well, seems happy to just pick up his money every week even though he is not performing.

But that will happen. If he impresses lambert he will stay in the team. I think Gabby will get 'more of a chance' because he has done it for us in the past - and weiman aside I don't see much competition for Gabby.

Doubt he'll play for us again. I felt everything pointed to him wanting away since his loan to Olympiakos. And now as someone mentioned the press are saying we are listening to offers for him (see bottom of the El Ahmadi article on the beeb too). Reckon he wanted out once Houllier left. He may have potential to be better than he was in the half season he was with us, but if (and I think it's more a question of when) he does go I'm not sure we will be missing out on much. Not much keeping a player who doesn't want to be here.

Jean II Makoun has became a victim of an incomplete squad. Houllier came in with an idea but wasn't able to complete his vision and then Mcleish, a person with the opposite footballing philosophy (Regardless of what you or I think of his ability to execute it) to Houllier was brought in, leavng Makoun understandably unsure of his future.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is I don't think we've seen enough of Makoun to make a rounded judgement of him. We only saw a player trying to settle in to a team in turmoil and then shipped out by the next manager.

He did impress me in a lot of respects though, from what I saw, he seemed an intelligent 'pass-and-move' type player, with a great touch in a team where no one apart from Petrov, was on the same wave length as him.

We don't know if Makoun was a stop-gap for Houllier or a piece of a new look Villa side because we never got the chance to really see what Houllier had in mind.

I suppose the question in this pre-season will be is Karim El Ahmadi a partner or replacement to Makoun? The fact El Ahmadi has been brought, to me, shows Lambert has the kind of midfield in mind that Makoun would fit in to.

Also, will Makoun even want to play for us? I agree with what a few people have said in that Makouns' decision to join us was heavily based on the chance to work with Houllier. I don't mean in the sense that Houllier was the manager who brought him, obviously that was the case :) but that Houllier was someone Makoun liked personally.

I'd like to see Makoun in the Villa squad next season because he seems like an intelligent footballer that can add to a team but if he does leave I get the feeling we will never quite know what we are missing and hopefully won't care and will be focusing on how well El Ahmadi, Gardner, Herd, Daniel Johnson, Bannan, Grealish or another Midfield Dynamo (Insert name of new midfielder we haven't bought yet here) are playing.

Jean II Makoun has became a victim of an incomplete squad. Houllier came in with an idea but wasn't able to complete his vision and then Mcleish, a person with the opposite footballing philosophy (Regardless of what you or I think of his ability to execute it) to Houllier was brought in, leavng Makoun understandably unsure of his future.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is I don't think we've seen enough of Makoun to make a rounded judgement of him. We only saw a player trying to settle in to a team in turmoil and then shipped out by the next manager.

He did impress me in a lot of respects though, from what I saw, he seemed an intelligent 'pass-and-move' type player, with a great touch in a team where no one apart from Petrov, was on the same wave length as him.

We don't know if Makoun was a stop-gap for Houllier or a piece of a new look Villa side because we never got the chance to really see what Houllier had in mind.

I suppose the question in this pre-season will be is Karim El Ahmadi a partner or replacement to Makoun? The fact El Ahmadi has been brought, to me, shows Lambert has the kind of midfield in mind that Makoun would fit in to.

Also, will Makoun even want to play for us? I agree with what a few people have said in that Makouns' decision to join us was heavily based on the chance to work with Houllier. I don't mean in the sense that Houllier was the manager who brought him, obviously that was the case :) but that Houllier was someone Makoun liked personally.

I'd like to see Makoun in the Villa squad next season because he seems like an intelligent footballer that can add to a team but if he does leave I get the feeling we will never quite know what we are missing and hopefully won't care and will be focusing on how well El Ahmadi, Gardner, Herd, Daniel Johnson, Bannan, Grealish or another Midfield Dynamo (Insert name of new midfielder we haven't bought yet here) are playing.

A belated welcome to VT, O speaker of sense. Best post about Makoun I've read for ages.

I think that he could be a good player for us, but I understand if Lambert wants to get rid of him. He's 29, probably earning decent wages, and may not feel settled at the club. Does he even speak English yet?

Â