Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

hes still technically with them till July isnt he? Or a certain date.

Be interesting to see how he goes.. i wasnt going to watch it but i will now.

For Aussie Villains Makoun has been named in the squad for Olympiakos' friendly against Melbourne Victory on Saturday night. Mellberg has also been included.

I would have thought that was proof enough that he was never going to be back at VT, new manager or not. The season's over he really shouldn't be playing in end of season exhibition matches at the end of a loan period.

Or just fulfilling his contractual obligations?

Nothing to see here

I still can't get why we loaned him out this season. Really hope he comes back and is welcomed back into the team with Ole. He's the ideal player for Ole's attacking, fast paced game (from what i remember of his Lyon days)

Does anyone know how Makoun was getting on in Greece?
Not at all. Sadly, there isn't a 242-page long thread on this site that has tracked his progress with Olynpiakos obsessively... :winkold:

Oh didn't notice that thread...

I couldnt be bothered to look!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I always he thought he looked like he had a keen eye for a pass, but was just completely wasted in the team because it wasn't set up to play to his strengths. Sure he's lightweight and can't tackle, but I hope he's given a proper opportunity by Lambert rather than just being shipped out again.

Talented little player who just needed to get used to the league, Instead mcleish sent him out on loan. I think mr lambert has more sense.

If that comment comes back to haunt me i will delete it and deny all knowledge of it.

Â