Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Can't believe I'm seeing some of the same people backing Ireland to come good if he gets a fair chance slating Makoun :crylaugh: Next they'll be telling me all Curcic needed was a run of games and Savo was just clearing his throat at Blackburn.

For me Makoun always looked a quality player and given a chance could have been very important for us. Then again with Houllier gone who's to say he wants to be here right now, maybe were doing the best deal we can with a want-away player?

Can't believe I'm seeing some of the same people backing Ireland to come good if he gets a fair chance slating Makoun Next they'll be telling me all Curcic needed was a run of games and Savo was just clearing his throat at Blackburn.

Out of SI and JIIM only JIIM has shown any kind of quality on the pitch! However he seems to be on his way out rather than the oxygen bandit Ireland who in the words of our manager is 'world class'.

And at least Savo gave us the rare signs of brilliance!!

Luke Young, Hogg,Wiemann and now Makoun all let go after our manager saying nobody will be leaving,it would be mad to let anybody go looking at the size of our squad.Nobody brought in.I despair!

Lets just loan out a player who wants the ball and can play a killer pass.

Bent is getting pissed off, we need to play players who will supply him with chances. Ireland/Bannan/Makoun/Nzogbia can. Petrov, Heskey, Gabby **** cant, they take 5 seconds to decide what to do with the ball half the time.

This..

He looked great on his debut. He is one of the few midfielders that can move the ball quickly. Obviously AM is planning on bypassing Midfield!

I am staggered, I just can't see how this makes any sense, unless the player has said I want out, but that doesn't seem likely.

Who's left as a CM? Delph, Petrov, Ireland, (clark is a defender),

Its Petrov, Heskey, Beye and co' that should be leaving if any..Not Makoun...McCleish is clueless...Swap Heskey for Makoun and we would have a 1/2 decent team where N'Zogbia and Bent would get more chances..Makoun has an accute eye for a decent out ball. You dont get rid of players like that..

Its Petrov, Heskey, Beye and co' that should be leaving if any..

But no one wants them apparently? I think that all they can see is a player on the bench on a largish wage and they can see someone who will pay that wage and therefore reduce our costs. I don't honestly think that football common sense has come into this decision should it happen, how can it have unless AM is able to make an assessment on a couple of training sessions and friendly matches??

I think we need a little more perspective here - rather than to just see this potential transfer as McLeish getting rid of a 'ball player' in order to play worse football. That just doesn't make sense - especially as McLeish wants us to create more chances and to win more games!

I was there when Makoun played so brilliantly against United and I appreciate his class, his passing, the picture in his head and how he makes us tick in a way that even someone like Berson would've done eventually - but sometimes you have to accept that players can have class and quality - often making them look infinitely superior to the so-called 'dross' we have - but aren't quite suited to our league.

If Makoun's wages and those of Young are used to free up the money for the sort of player that McLeish thinks we need more urgently and who can do the job that he wants, I'm willing to give it a try.

If Makoun's wages is the issue, Randy needs to sell the club immediately because it will confirm he has no clue what he is doing. Makoun was not a MON signing, he was only signed last January when our wages issue was well documented.

Give him time to adjust to the game over here.Makoun was one of our best players in the preseason matches.

If that was the case VR then why is he not in the team? I get your point about giving him time but it seems that AMc wants a more physical player in the midfield hence Makoun & Ireland not getting in.

Â