Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Why is Makoun being criticised this strongly? The guy has some class about him. He had a bad game physically against Newcastle, he still managed to create opportunities with his vision and technique in that game.

I guess "some" will not be happy until we have a meat head in the midfield, oh let's say someone of the Glenn Whelan mould. It is really amazing.

I know that Maradona and it's probably legit...but it did raise some eyebrows. Coupled with his niggling injuries that were never really described or reported to press properly and a couple things said around VP, it means there is a chance something is up and there could be more to it.

Why does every injury need to be explained to the press? It's the same with all our players anyway. It's only usually the more serious ones that get any attention.

Others clubs seem to be the same too.

I know that Maradona and it's probably legit...but it did raise some eyebrows. Coupled with his niggling injuries that were never really described or reported to press properly and a couple things said around VP, it means there is a chance something is up and there could be more to it.

Can we stop it now...your scaring the kids!

There's nothing to worry about kids...YankeeinMadrid is just a paranoid schizophrenic who hasnt took his medication today!

:winkold: :D

You don't have to say what 'your friend' has told you and attribute it to him btw :D

It could just be something 'you've heard mentioned in the corporate box' :winkold:

I've said it before but

Brought in half way through a season.

No pre season.

Foreign surroundings.

Doesn't speak the language.

The team in general were not playing well.

Completely different league to the bench in Ligue 1.

Give him the summer. To me, he thinks too quick for the players around him and I can personally see the quality in the quy

I remember what a lot of people were saying about Downing last season. Say no more.

I've said it before but

No pre season.

Foreign surroundings.

Give him the summer. To me, he thinks too quick for the players around him and I can personally see the quality in the quy

I remember what a lot of people were saying about Downing last season. Say no more.

Exactly. Some players aren't adaptable to new surroundings. Some take longer, while other (Bent for one) take no time to settle in.

I just hope he settles because it would be so frustrating otherwise. We finally get a foreign player that in time may be able to kick us on a gear from that midfield position and he leaves within 6 months.

I just hope he settles because it would be so frustrating otherwise. We finally get a foreign player that in time may be able to kick us on a gear from that midfield position and he leaves within 6 months.

Where has all this BS come from about him leaving?

He's not leaving!

All this from one poster reading too much into something.

He's not leaving!

I'm only talking hypothetically, of course. I tend to believe more of what YIM says than others due to his friendship with one of our players. I can see him failing to settle in Birmingham though, hell even domestic players can't seem to handle it, so that's where my main worry comes from.

He's not leaving!

I'm only talking hypothetically, of course. I tend to believe more of what YIM says than others due to his friendship with one of our players. I can see him failing to settle in Birmingham though, hell even domestic players can't seem to handle it, so that's where my main worry comes from.

oh...i didnt know YIM was 'connected', my bad, that shed's a little more light on it then, in that case...oh bugger! :(

I've said it before but

No pre season.

Foreign surroundings.

Exactly. Some players aren't adaptable to new surroundings. Some take longer, while other (Bent for one) take no time to settle in.

Took Petrov nearly 2 years as well to settle in

I've said it before but

No pre season.

Foreign surroundings.

Took Petrov nearly 2 years as well to settle in

It takes him 2 years to pas a ball let alone settle in...sorry Stylian :)

People need to try and understand that it's absurd to say saying Makoun is going to be brilliant for Villa, based on a few perceived moments of quality this season including an apparently sublime performance against Man U that helped us to a 1-3 defeat.

I don't think anyone is saying he is rubbish based on his performance this season, just that he hasn't done anything to justify the beatification he regularly gets in this thread.

Let's wait for next season to see if he is any good. He sure as hell hasn't done much to justify too much praise so far.

People need to try and understand that it's absurd to say saying Makoun is going to be brilliant for Villa, based on a few perceived moments of quality this season including an apparently sublime performance against Man U that helped us to a 1-3 defeat.

I don't think anyone is saying he is rubbish based on his performance this season, just that he hasn't done anything to justify the beatification he regularly gets in this thread.

Let's wait for next season to see if he is any good. He sure as hell hasn't done much to justify too much praise so far.

I don't think there is anything wrong with our fans being hopeful about a new player who is settling, I certainly don't expect him to be the next Essien.

You keep mentioning a 1-3 defeat at Old Trafford. So what? Since when did football not become an 11 v 11 game? It is possible for a player to play well and the team to still lose, although I'm sure it is Makoun's fault somehow.

You keep mentioning a 1-3 defeat at Old Trafford. So what? Since when did football not become an 11 v 11 game? It is possible for a player to play well and the team to still lose, although I'm sure it is Makoun's fault somehow.

It's just that people keep mentioning that match as the evidence he is going to be great, where he apparently bossed the Man U midfield singlehandedly.

All I'm saying is, since we lost 1-3, he can't have bossed them completely.

Must say that match doesn't live in my memory as one where Makoun reigned supreme.

It's just that people keep mentioning that match as the evidence he is going to be great, where he apparently bossed the Man U midfield singlehandedly.

All I'm saying is, since we lost 1-3, he can't have bossed them completely.

Must say that match doesn't live in my memory as one where Makoun reigned supreme.

To be fair, he made more passes that day than the United midfield put together. (I believe correct stats)...unfortunately we got done with some pretty basic defensive errors.

Â