• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Reo-Coker (for Petrov 88)

Seeing fatty Platt's face on the City brought much satisfaction. **** off Platt and Barry.

Yeah I was loving that too, pair of fat words removed.

Loved the booing and slagging off of Barry today by the fans, I hope it really pissed him off.

Fantastic i have to say. Petrov, Dunne and Bent all doing well, but Collins was my MOTM. If he and Dunne keep that up and Bent knocks them in, we will finish top 8 comfortably.

And now Bent and scored 82 goals, equal to Drogba and Rooney :P

Check out the match thread for the game on the Sunderland forum. It's good fun. They go mental when Bent scores. :lol:

Link

They all hate us in the North East now. Geordies for sending them down, the Makems for nicking their best palyer. Oh dear, what a pity! :lol:

Try living here in the North East, it's uncomfortable yet hilarious :lol:

Great day all round really. Filth took a real hammering at Old Trafford and are back where they belong - below us on the table and flirting with relegation - Bent sores on his debut, Barry booed off the park having done little, we win with a real battling performance.

Just back in Great Barr. Can't say I've ever seen a team put us under so much pressure at VP like that for a long while....

but actually apart from a couple, we didn't really look THAT troubled.

Man City have some talented players no doubt but for all their possession to me they looked disinterested. Adam Johnson

perked them up but I thought they looked a right bunch of miserable gets TBH, who needed a kick up the backside.

Magnificent defending today - Collins was my MOTM but the whole team deserve credit. Pushed them onto the back burner, threw bodies in where required, covered each other's back. Brilliant.

Bent - after the goal played like a PROPER Centre Forward... Fox in the Box that's what needed & he didn't disappoint.

He worked hard as well, tracking back. Looks like a man on a mission!

NRC should have come on a wee bit earlier but overall I think GH got tactics pretty well sewn up.

I think the back four were brilliant, apart from Clark. Stupid fouls in the first half meant City exposed his inability to tackle in the second and attacked him every time the got the chance, hes simply not a left back. Although that block did earn us three points....

Petrov was immense, Bent showed what hes about, Young finally had his shooting boots on. Albrighton was sometimes wasteful but hell learn. Gabby is just not good, he really needs a confidence boost because hes not a threat. Please with Downing in the centre too.

On way home... 2 things...

White trousers

Tevez got bit by a shark

Happy Saturday all

Got bit by a shaaaark

Carlos Tevez - got bit by a shark.

He looks like Steve Bruce,

He looks like Steve Bruuuce

Carlos Tevez - looks like Steve Bruce.

Loved the announcer reading out the Man Utd score twice before kick off...that was funny too

Whole ground went bonkers when Bent scored & after the final whistle.

Brilliant!

We were brilliant, thought we needed a sub alot earlier and gabby was out of sorts but couldnt really care less

getting the usual "city battered them" on TS but IMO it looked close to being a tactic, we let them play, were very well orgainsed almost saying "come on then what have you got" and the answer was very little, city were really poor IMO different team to the one that did batter us 3 weeks ago, kolarov made nowhere near enough of the positions he got in and dzeko / tevez didnt get a sniff

overall id say deserved, we set the team up better, worked harder and actually had a more attacking line up, collins MOTM, really impressed with bent, good movement, chased alot some good hold up play and won a few flick ons

Brilliant result, and for the first time in a while I don't think you can question the efforts of the players, they all gave 100%, and I think showed that they are behind the manager - all positive.

Brilliant for Bent to score - I can't even remember the last time we had a striker anticipate a rebound and score?!

I have to say though, it was backs to the wall - and we were a bit lucky, but its about time we got some luck.

I know its great that Bent scored, but I have to say that I thought Dzeko (spell check) looked a class player. We might have a better goalscorer though!

Did Houllier get the players to go to the fans again once the match ended can anyone that went confirm?

They all clapped the Holte & everywhere. Players looked ecstatic after the final whistle.

Bent, Collins & Young made a special effort for the Holte after the game.

Crowd went mad at final whistle, you would have thought we'd won the cup!

Did Houllier get the players to go to the fans again once the match ended can anyone that went confirm?

They all clapped the Holte & everywhere. Players looked ecstatic after the final whistle.

Bent, Collins & Young made a special effort for the Holte after the game.

Crowd went mad at final whistle, you would have thought we'd won the cup!

SWEET :D

Good to get the 3 points but don't get carried away. We got a good result at Stamford Bridge then followed it up with a home defeat to Blunderland.

Too many fans get too excited about one result. Look at the bigger picture and only when we are the dominant force in home games and we can string a good run of positive results together should we really get excited.

We have to shake off the MON style of defending for 85 minutes at home before we can say that we have arrived.

However, today may be the start of something good. I hope it is but I would prefer to watch and wait rather than be blinkered and get all excited about winning one game in which we could have got hammered.

Absolutely over the Blue Moon with the boys. What a way to have a home debut Darren, that finisher of chances inside the box - what we've missed for so many years and what I believe you will be!

Collins and Cuellar I have to say were absolutely superb after an edgy season so far. Collins my MOTM but very closely followed by Petrov, Cuellar and Clark. With Warnock now gone Clark really has to be careful with all these yellow cards, but I do think that big tight back four of Cuellar, Collins, Dunne and Clark looks strong - just needs better midfield support just in front of them that maybe Makoun can provide.

Was only disappointed with how clearances seemed to just by-pass Young and Downing in midfield and come straight back on us, but it was a very talented side in Man City at the end of the day. The back 4 were trojans nevertheless.

Well done Villa, just go out and smash Wigan then we can start looking up at where we should be once again.

Cracking.

On way home... 2 things...

White trousers

Tevez got bit by a shark

Happy Saturday all

Got bit by a shaaaark

Carlos Tevez - got bit by a shark.

He looks like Steve Bruce,

He looks like Steve Bruuuce

Carlos Tevez - looks like Steve Bruce.

Loved the announcer reading out the Man Utd score twice before kick off...that was funny too

Whole ground went bonkers when Bent scored & after the final whistle.

Brilliant!

Did I hear a 'hit by a bus' aswell?

Great night.

Firstly, it seems ironic for me that the home and away fixtures against Man City have supplied both the high and low points of the season. and shows how quick things can change in football. Todays performance showed everything we lacked at Eastlands. Discipline, character, energy and desire. For me, the two key words there are discipline - that was the most disciplined, clinical performance I've seen in some time - and energy - We kept going for the full 93 minutes. Toward the end of the game, we were composed and kept the ball, played intelligent football, kept our shape and concentration against one hell of an attacking force. I'm not going to give marks as the whole team were terrific and I really look forward to Makoun getting on the pitch, though it'd be a shame to drop anyone going on todays performance.

Maybe Gerard does know best after all.......... ;)

Â