• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Reo-Coker (for Petrov 88)

Just got back, had two City fans sitting next to me in the Trinity, cocks!

Great performance from all. Let's not forget the cost of their team they have 5-6 players of equivalent or more value than DB. We battled hard and took the points. Hope people now see what Stan brings to our side. Makoun is killing it for me with his dress sense. Things are looking up however Wigan is an acid test now.

just got back, my oh my what a game.

you could feel the belief flood into players and fans alike once we went 1-0.

Collins, Dunne both gave performances reminiscent of Laursen at his best. Utter rocks. Collins in particular. A mention for Cuellar aswell who seems more composed with the ball at his feet than before, and is as solid in the tackle as always.

Petrov was very good, i pooed myself a little at first with the thought of a Downing / Petrov combo being utterly demolished by De Jong and co, but he held it together well. 5 or 6 very wastefull easy passes though, particulalry in the 1st half.

Young was back near to his best. Bent i thought did very well with the little service he had. Great poachers goal.

Great atmosphere aswell, been like a morgue recently. Shame we still didnt get a full house though it will come. Onwards and upwards

''Darren Bent is fast as lightning

Darren Bent is Claret and Blue,

He gets the ball, he scores a goal

Hes just put one past you''

dunne and big jim collins back to their very best. as others have said, stan petrov was superb in the middle of the park up against arguably the best midfield in the league, and dazza bent great finish and great work ethic, smashing debut son.

very proud of all the players, GH and RL this week.

Looked much better, and nice to know that Makoun will add to the side. Albrighton worked his ba....er...socks off - must be in with a shout of an England call up. Backs to the wall a bit in the second half, but held out well. Best I've seen our defence play this season.

Fantastic. Really gritty performance and reminded me of the 1-0 win over Everton but it meant much more. Everyone was at least good. Special mentions go to Dunne, Collins, Petrov and of course Bemt. Dunne just about gets my MOTM. No nonsense stuff and he seems to have stopped making those stupid errors.

Really wanted us to beat City as well after all that's happened..

Friedel - 7- not a lot to do

Cuellar - 9 - showed he is our best defender again

Collins - 9 - Great display today

Dunne - 8.5 - Good display

Clark - 8 - Did well but looks like he is a sending off waiting to happen

Albrighton - 7 - Worked hard but not his best game

Petrov - 6 - Better game than recently but is too easily bypassed/lets his man glide past him for a DCM and tired in the latter stages

Downing - 6 - Not the position for Stewie - want to see him more in the centre but with a stronger, more dominant partner and another CM in there

Agbonlahor - 6 - Worked hard but don't like him on the left

Young - 7 - Some useful touches but not a CM'er/striker for me

Bent - 8 - Great poacher's goal. Did little else but who cares as long as he bangs them in

Houllier - 9 - Won the game!!!

Picked the right back 4 to play a team with no width - as for the Chelski game. Didn't like the CM and I think he bottled it by picking the three wingers and Gabby. I would have liked to have seen NRC much earlier replacing one of the four attacking players in midfield.

Think Mankini has screwed it up by signing Dzeko as he can't fit the two of them into their formation. And he is an utter idiot for not using Jimmy in CM. Please Ged, go and get Jimmy back in the summer.

Friedel - 7 - Great save in the first half from a Kompany header (I think)

Clark - 6 - Hes not a left back, but he is a fantastic player, Johnson had lots of joy in the last 15.

Cueller - 8 - Mammoth performance.

Dunne and Collins - 10 - Wow! Collins just edges motm for me. Wow!

Gabby - 7 - Not a left winger, but battled well.

Albrighton - 6 - Not his best game, but his delivery is exceptional (apart from that one i know!)

Stan - 8 - Great stuff, protected back four from piercing runs.

Downing - 7 - Suprise inclusion in CM but did well.

Young - 8 - Always wanted the ball, mobile, the ash of old today

Bent - 10 - scored the match winner.

Â