• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Reo-Coker (for Petrov 88)

It wasn't pretty but who cares..massive 3 points for us...i think all 11 played very well defensivley today,very tight as a unit..james collins was monster at the back,albrighton was always a threat when he had the ball and ciaran clark is a future england captain.

Cuellar looked worlds better in attack at right-back today than he ever did under MON. Good passes and composure with the ball.

Still not as dangerous as Walker going forward, but overall I think on today's display, he's the best right-back option we have at the moment. Some phenomenal tackles and blocks.

And Clarky, what a brilliant improvised/reflex block.

Hard to pick between Collins and Dunne for MOTM, both feckin brilliant. Cuellar had a cracking game too, as did Stan. What can you say about Bent? Did the business, and that's why we paid what we did for him. Only grumble is I never got to the bookies to put a tenner on a 1-0 win with Bent scoring!!

That is the victory we deserved against Man Utd.

Well done everyone. Manager got it right today, it wasn't pretty at times, but we got the win.

This is the turning point in our season, I can feel it in me bones.

Agree with this.

Backs against the wall but everyone stuck together and were disciplined in what the manager asked them to do and it worked just about! Great resiliency and team spirit.

Lets hope it really does get our season up and running.

Collins MOTM for me.

and thats why i have been saying we need darren bent for the last 4 years.

he will be worth the money, we just need to either get gabby into the game more or swap him around with ash young who can cross with left or right foot.

for me ratings were

Brad - 8 - some good saves there old boy, well done

cuellar - 8 - solid and was attacking coming forwards, a little more confidence in going through rather than lay it off but good work

dunne- 8- far better from fat boy, looks up for it at last

collins- 8- his challanges were better timed today and when it needed hoofing he hoofed which is better.

clark - 7- great effort from the youngster, got a new anus ripped when adam johnson came on, but most left backs to so no shame, kept his discipline after an early yellow

downing-6- kept the ball but seems to be trying to be something he isnt, **** your stats for pass success, keep an attack going rather than pass it back to a defender on the turn who then has to pass it back to brad who then boots the shit out of it, no need!.

gabby-6- most of the game he wasnt in it, but at the end, when we needed an outlet, he was still willing to give it some, he knows he didnt have the best of games but instead of sulking, took one for the team.

petrov-8- unlucky towards the end having done a good 1-2 and was making space towards their area when barged off the ball, kept it tidy and some smart passing, he was **** after the move i just mentioned and taken off. maybe 10 minutes earlier for him to be subbed so he can recover for the wigan game would do but we won so the choice was the right one.

albrighton-7- some dazzling wing play mixed in with some quite negative stuff, i dont want to see the ball going back to the keeper just because you dont want to lose the ball, seems to have lost some pace, knackered maybe? still some great work, shame a few of his crosses didnt reach their normal standards. ran his nuts off.

young-8- stopped his **** moaning and silly shit and BANG he is back to what we love him for

BENT-10- 1 shot, 1 goal. no messing from me, he is there to score goals and get points, he did it.

subs

nrc-6- came on and got in the way of their players, good work.

im not convinced young should be playing where he is or gabby, they need changing around, downing seems to be a floater at the moment.

IF we can sort that out then we will be even better

despite me not liking where those 3 played, we won, we battled, played some good football and beat one of the most talented teams in the league.

GH, WELL WE WON so 10

i changed my fantasy team, signed BENT and made him captain, dont let me down.

Some good, some bad. Better than it's been in a while, though. Hard to pick a MOTM! Back to proper "hard" defending from the back four but dodgy on set pieces, Petrov upping his game massively, Albrighton always dangerous if inconsistent with his delivery, Bent poaching like he does but too isolated otherwise, Downing playing well in a new central role but perhaps not quite strong enough to play in a two against a powerful and aggressive three, Gabby working hard but mostly too wide to prove a regular threat. Brightest spot for me was Young starting to look like his old self again, audacious, lightning-fast footwork and trickery to create space and fool opponents, playing more direct football and willing to let fly with real venom. Hope the boys keep it up and push on!

My top 3 today - Dunne, Clark and Petrov.

All of them were fantastic in what they did in keeping Man City looking ordinary and desperate.

Delighted for Dazza - clinical finish and that's what we paid for.

All in all, I'm **** ecstatic.

I picked a good time to add Fox Soccer Channel back to my cable package :lol:

Great win; a Bent goal, a clean sheet, no bottling it at the end, against quality opposition, Barry gets substituted for being total crap, haha, GREAT DAY FOR VILLA.

Onward and upward

UTV!

Dunne and Collins Men of the Match. Back to their best today. Our entire back 4 was good. Gotta say I thought Ashley Young was quality today, work rate, skill, passes, shooting all positive. I could hardly breath towards the end of that game. Brilliant 3 points.

I do really feel "And so it begins..." for our rise in the league table.

I hope so. I loved the effort and the warrior like defending. I voted Cuellar but I wouldn't begrudge anyone if they voted Collins or Dunne. Brilliant effort and I hope we can just build from this. Well played Darren Bent on his debut.

They battered us to be honest but we won I suppose..

Cueller , Petrov MOM's for me.

I can't give it Collins I have big issues with him and Dunne kicking the ball anywhere when defending it just comes straight back. PASS IT ALONG THE GROUND FFS

Made up Bent scored I doubt he's ever run that far in one match before lol. We don't want him to get in the habbit of having him defending when we're holding on though. Keep him up front.

Downing was shiit.

Â