• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Reo-Coker (for Petrov 88)

Great performances from Young, Bent, Agbonlahor and Petrov. I am surprised some have given Albrighton top marks tonight though - while he put in a shift I thought his crossing was off and he struggled to get past the defence.

I disagree. I think at times Kolarov gave him problems, but watching him skin De Jong in the second half was great. He showed some great technique tonight and wasn't afraid to run at both ends of the pitch. Granted, one bad ball he whipped in, but he did put in some lovely crosses in earlier. I hope Capello was impressed.

Fantastic. Bent is what we've been looking for for 15 years and he didn't take long to do his job!

As most have said Petrov was fantastic, one of the best performances from him in a Villa shirt. But most players did very well. Dunne and Collins were like their old selves again.

Everyone really did put in a shift today and worked their socks off.

Let the run begin...

Everything from the crowd, to the players and the management were all lifted by Bent's goal. That one goal today could change our entire season now. Confidence will be coming back to the lads and the fans will hopefully lay of Houllier.

Get the **** in what a win I don't care how it came we need them when we are down fighting like that.

Someone ring Collymore up and tell him that is what you pay all that money for, someone who takes a chance in the right areas and gets three points. We defended brilliantly today as well.

Also unlucky for not getting on Milner...

Don't give a flying f about the football we played today to be honest. It was dire to watch but i'll take the three points , thank you. Our battle worn heroes need a well deserved rest after some epic defending.

That was 150 Million worth of players on the pitch for Citeh btw.

Does anyone else think on a different day (without bent) it would be 0-0 till the last couple of minutes with them nicking it?

without a doubt, match report for this game last week would have been:

a good effort, 10 minutes and a proven goal scorer short of getting something out of this, unlucky.

this week's match report:

ha ha ha ha ha ha **** off Bruce and every snidey 5 live reporter that mocked our obviously desperate panic buy, 1:0 villa

Haha! Brilliant win!!! Can't believe it, I was spending most the day working out what we would have to do after we lose this. Awesome.

I am struggling to be as excited as some, we have Wigan in 3 days, we must win that game to give us a tiny bit of breathing space. We could quite easily balls up, with the way the season has been, and the way we tend to be over recent years.

Please please beat Wigan lads !

Battling performance.

Bloody love Albrighton, he must get in at least 3 really dangerous crosses every single game he plays in. In a game today where we defended for 90% of it, he still managed 5. Once Bent gets used to the team, can see him getting a fair few near post goals from Albrighton's balls in.

Fried - 6

Cuellar - 8

Collins - 8

Dunne - 7

Clark - 6

Albrighton - 7

Petrov - 6

Downing - 6

Agbag - 6

Young - 7

Bent - 7

Trolling Bluemoon....

"How we didn't win that game, their cup final, I'll never know. They were like we were against Arse, except they scored. I've never know bitterness like theirs though. Even Tevez doesn't get as much stick off the rags as Barry does from that lot at Villa. And they sang "We shall not be moved" when they're where exactly?"

Arrogant drivle.

Â