The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Gen - If McLeish becomes manager I'm not spending anymore money following the club. Not through any kind of principle, but because I'll just be too darn disheartened to even care about the club anymore.

General, I dont expect an answer but here goes, why is it imperative that the new manager has to have proven premiership experience ???? Did Wenger / Ferguson / Ancelotti / Mourinho / Mancini all have this, NO of course they didn't, so doesn't that really blow your theory out of the window, why doesn't the board just come out and tell the truth that they are looking for the CHEAP OPTION, I wait with baited breath for an honest reply...

General

There is now an ever-growing Birmingham City fans' group on facebook, WILLING McLeish to be our next manager.

Does that not tell you everything you need to know about this absolutely ridiculous situation?

I love Aston Villa. But if the decision that seems on the cards to appoint McLeish goes through, I will no longer support you and the board.

If you do not listen to the dissenting voices, I'll tell what will happen:

-poor results

-a lack of faith in the whole board and Randy

-everything you've worked for being ruined - including the relationship with us fans

-poor atmosphere at VP

-you needing a new manager in November

I have had enough now. You've shamed us and can say goodbye to my support forever.

I love Aston Villa. But if the decision that seems on the cards to appoint McLeish goes through, I will no longer support you and the board.

If you do not listen to the dissenting voices, I'll tell what will happen:

-poor results

-a lack of faith in the whole board and Randy

-everything you've worked for being ruined - including the relationship with us fans

-poor atmosphere at VP

-you needing a new manager in November

I have had enough now. You've shamed us and can say goodbye to my support forever.

General

This was your first ever post on the site almost 5 years ago:

I am General Krulak and am one of the new Directors of Aston Villa Football Club. I have spent the past week trying to get onto this site and have finally succeeded. I can assure each of you that I have NOT purposely avoided this site and have been helped tremendously by John Cresswell who had to bear the burden of a Yank trying to follow his instructions on how to log in. Sorry John!

Let me start by telling you how happy Randy, the other Directors and I am about being part of the Villa Family! Yes, we are "part" of the family...not the most important part...just a part. The history, traditions and ethos of this magnificent Institution are very precious to us...just as they are to you. You all have stuck with Villa through thick and thin and we are new to Villa Park...BUT, believe me, we want what you want and will work very hard to achieve that goal.

We are blessed with a superb Manager who has everyone's total support. He is a great football mind, a great tactician, and a great teacher...but most important, he is a great Leader! He knows how to motivate the team and get the best from them...and when he needs to make adjustments, he does it with skill.

I am on this Site because, like Randy, I truly care about what fans say and feel. We want to do right...we are not interested in screwing it up. At the same time, we realize we can't perform miracles...we can't change things overnight. What we ask is that everyone join us in supporting the team...and keep the spirit up. The coaches to Chelsea are a great opportunity to do just that. Come on down and lets drown out the Chelsea fans.

Finally, we have no egos...we don't believe we have all the answers. What we do know is that we care...and that we are part of something very special.

Do you still stand by these words General because actions speak louder than them?

Evening General,

First things first - do not leave. You guys are brilliant. Randy is awesome. Done loads for Villa, and despite what some are saying, loves the fans and the club.

Secondly, I don't think to many fans are happy about the potential signing of Mcleish as manager. I said in the main manager thread that I am willing to give him a chance. If he becomes Aston Villa, he gets my support. It's that simple.

Third, if Mcleish is appointed - You guys have to back him in this window. We are losing Young, who can he bring in to replace that quality? A fan favourite and one of our very best players! We cannot surely entertain bringing in an average player to take his place... Can Mcleish bring in the quality that we need... We will leave that to you guys to decide.

Fourth, the youth players seemed to like Hoillier - will Mcleish have the same impact? Call me ignorant but, can anybody name a player that came through the youth system at Birmingham over the last few years? I'm not just saying that, it is a genuine question to anyone?

Finally - do what you need to do. Some fans will hate this decision if it does come to fruitition but if the above and more are addressed and we get of to a good start - everyone will be happy. If we lose 6-0 2nd game of the season, expect a major fan backlash.

As always, UTV!!!!!!!

General i have always greatly appreciated everything you and Randy have done for the club. I havn't come on for a rant, i just can't get my head around it. If we are now after AM, who were we chasing in the days previous to his leaving BCFC? If we just switched over to him as a major target then we musn't have been close to anyone else, this i don't understand unless i'm just missing a lot of facts because im not ITK. As others have said he doesn't really fit into a plan that follows GH or the Martinez link, the football is worse than MON's for a start. Do we have to have someone with PL experience, can't we take a bit more of a punt with scope for greater success if things went well. Failing all that, surely MH is a better option than AM?

Regards again for all you do,

Dan

General,

Are you, Randy and Paul Faulkener deluded?

Do you not get it? You are turning us into a laughing stock.

5.4 million pounds compensation for a man with a failed track record. It smacks of desperation. It smacks of a football club being run by people that do not understand footbal.l

You just do not understand do you? The fans are being treated with contempt.

UNBELIEVABLE.....absolutley UNBELIEVABLE.

One hell of a misjudgement....Just like Operation Eagle Claw.

Fire away you say? OK....

Do you, General Krulak, a man I have plenty of time for, have the faintest idea just how disastrous appointing Alex McLeish will be for the club?

Attendances will drop to pre-Lerner levels for a start. Perhaps even lower. The clubs image will be tarnished, he will be a dead man walking from the start. He WILL be booed, unceremoniously. There will be no way back from it either, because even if the results are palatable (which they might be, granted), the style of football employed will ensure he is NEVER taken to our hearts.

You are playing with fire and you are going to burn the lot of us. You will lose the good will of the fans which is quite frankly threadbare as it is. This is not like your foray into American football, "soccer" fans WILL make their feelings be known and you WILL be removed from the club, whether it takes weeks, months or years, we WILL succeed.

Because this is our **** club Mr K. Aston Villa belongs to us, nobody else. Randy Lerner is merely the custodian and if he appoints Alex McLeish, we want our club back I reckon. It is fair to say I have never felt so vehemently apposed to a signing, even under Doug Ellis. Who despite all his faults, could spot a manager. So the board will be wise to take our emotional reaction to this very seriously, very seriously indeed. Because I for one won't be setting foot in the ground on principle. I couldn't give a monkeys what people think of that. It may not, ultimately, have got rid of Ellis, but it sure as hell should see the demise of Alex **** McLeish.

Sorry Gen, if that comes across a wee bit harsh. But that's just the way it is. The way the majority of us feel I would say.

Dear General,

I think you and Randy and the rest of the backroom staff are missing the big picture. I agree that us Villa fans can be very ungrateful at times, and you must feel that we are never happy, and maybe most of the time you would be correct.

But, this is completely different. I cannot see any reason why we are even concidering Mcleish. The main reason why i am sooo against him being our manager is not that he relegated Birmingham twice, not that his team had the worst scoring record in the league. Not that most birmingham fans couldnt care less that he has quit, not that he left his former club by email (LOYAL), but that he plays boring football, which we have seen so much at villa over the years. I am not prepared to renew my ticket to watch defensive football.

I have always been a fan of you and the board, but i am soo angry in how everything has been dealt with this summer. We are the laughing stock of the league, and concidering you like to keep out the media, you have done a very poor job about it.

Aston Villa is about the fans like every football club. Now if you go against us, you just have a name, you wont have a club.

From an UNSETTLED life long fan

Dem

Doug Ellis is an old man - some would say doddering old fool. He was a cantacarous old git but I tell you what despite the lack of investment he was always accused of, he would never have done this - never in a million zillion years would this have crossed his mind. Shall I tell you why? He loved that club - he loved it dearly. He still does. A proper fan - a bloke from Birmingham who knew what this club meant to our fans - he made mistakes - he made absolutely loads of them and the fans detested him for it. But he would never have done this to us.

I'm astonished to find myself agreeing with this.

I've been using these message boards for nigh on ten years General. I've never seen anything like this.

I'm sick to my stomach. This is awful, truly awful. Not because of this appointment in a bubble, but because the dream has ended. The dream you guys sold us some 5 years ago.

Come back Martin, please....

General

I saw my first Villa game in 1972 and have travelled up from the south coast, an 8 hour round trip, to all home since 1979. If the news about Mcleish is true, then I will definately not renew my 2 season tickets and will not be attending any games next season.

In my opinion appointing Mcleish shows complete disregard for the villa supporters and will prove to be a massive financial own goal. The club needs unity and this will just not happen under Mcleish. Remember how George Graham was never accepted by Spurs fans when he moved from Arsenal and he was a proven winner. Mcleish is just a poor manager. Wronmg man, wrong time, wrong decision. I just can't believe that Randy and the board think this is the right move.

Very sad and just wrong on all levels

Dorset Villa

Hi General,

I would like to ask a very straight forward question and one without any hidden meaning at all.

Can you please at least tell us this?

A) How many potential candidates have actually applied for the vacant manager's job at Villa?

B) How many potential candidates Villa have interviewed for the vacant manager's job at Villa?

I am not looking for names and so for that reason alone I believe that there should be no reason why you would be unable to disclose this information.

It has been heartbreaking to read through this thread the last few days. I sincerly hope that the club get it right for the sake of all involved.

General,

I was intending to buy my first season ticket, travel from South London every single game home and away, not go on holiday next year so i could use my holiday days at work to follow AVFC. THIS was the season I was planning on putting all my future plans on hold to watch the Villa, week in week out. It would have cost me god knows how much money to go to each of the 38 games plus all the cup games, thousands, but it was something I wanted to do to show the club i have loved for every second of the 26 years and 1 month of my life, that I love AVFC. If Alex McLeish is given the job at Aston Villa, then my dream of watching this new, passing game that we started last season might as well be thrown in the toilet.

What the board are doing, by even THINKING of seeing Alex McLeish, actually makes me feel sick. It upsets me and its making me increasingly scared where this club is going. Aston Villa is my life, my heart, and apart from my family, there is not one thing in this world that i will ever love more than this club. Its something my girlfriend has to accept.

PLEASE pass this on to Randy and Paul Faulkner, and ask them to give me a call if they want to speak to an honest, sensible and understanding supporter of AVFC. If they wants a summary of the fans REASONS for not wanting McLeish, I will happily explain its nothing to do with him being an ex Birmingham City manager and his premier league ability. I will listen to everything they have to say about the role and will try and summarise this to everyone on this board if you dont want to or both Randy/Paul Faulkner dont want to.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

General!

please listen, this is one of many forum's, take facebook for example overnight we had 6000 people, today it has risen too what i believe is close to 10,0000 (i may be wrong and it could well be more) Just for example 1 in 10 are season ticket holders! does that alone not warrent action from the board? I hope you and the board respect the people that pay your wage and keep you in a job, many of us dont have a job or live the that life style, but we always find a way to support OUR CLUB!

IT'S HIGH TIME WE WERE HEARD!!!!

"The Killing Fields" was a great movie! i just don't want to see it at VILLA PARK.

Words fail me at this point.

I guess my question would be, are you prepared for the backlash if McLeish is indeed appointed? Considering someone like me, who I like to consider as a mild-mannered man absent of a rash temper, is strongly considering not driving the 400 miles there and back every fortnight to watch the team I love. This is a real testament to how uninspiring this appointment would be and how affronted we would feel as fans, I literally don't think there are another 4 people alive to count on one hand that I would consider boycotting my support for in opposition.

Regards