Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Almost certain they have accepted bid and are now just haggling over when they are going to get the money. Bent's presence in Brum is evidence of how close this deal is. Despite the SSN guy in Sunderland bitching the principle of installments is not unusual and they know it!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard on two 'loose' sources that Downing does want to leave Villa, misses the North East. He goes up there pretty much most weekends (my friend drinks in the same local and I get a text around once every 3 weeks saying 'I'm in with your mate Stewie!' lol. So I wouldn't be shocked if Downing does leave, but in my opinion we can get by without him, Young and Albrighton on the wings are more than capable.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he wants to go, despite playing wellish for us this season, he still doesn't look that interested at times.

"Apparently Bent was swayed by the Birmingham club's promise of running water, electricity and hot meals. The North East club never really stood a chance when reassimilation into civilised society was used as a bargaining tool"

---------

:crylaugh: Brilliant. My fb status now.

He will be a very good signing if this goes through BUT if it really is 18 million possibly rising to 24 we have been well and truly shafted imo although im not going to complain because its not my money :D
We haven't been shafted at all. Just because his name is Darren Bent and not Redin Zukaku doesn't mean he isn't worth at least half as much as two strikers he's currently 1 goal behind in the Premier League scoring charts since 2005, which includes spending a proportion of that on the bench at Spurs.

If anything he's worth more than £18 million and if we have got him for that price then it's a bloody good deal.

If it gets to 24 million I don't care what anyone says, we have been shafted. Liverpool paid around 22 million for torres... anyway like I said I think bent would do well here and will score goals and i am not against us signing him

Bent and Torres have very similar records and Torres was purchased pre-Man City and nearly 4 years ago. Like I said, Torres sounds prettier.

Torres is also in a completely different league to Bent im afraid

Yep, such a lovely foreign name.

Read my other posts !! im not getting into an argument over torres vs bent because its just ridiculous. Im just stating that i think the fee is a little steep, im guessing you were extremely happy when we spent 8.5 million on NRC ?

and btw ill happily eat my words if he come here and plays like a 20 million quid striker, very happily

Why couldn't a reasoned debate be held about Torres and Bent? Is it because Torres iz wel gud on FIFA?

What does it have to do with NRC? I thought we vastly overpaid for NRC.

I think we will have overpaid for bent if this goes through.

Just a point about Torres v Bent, if they were both available for 20 million who would end up at the likes of Barca, Inter etc? ( the really big clubs)

Bent wouldnt be snapped up by Inter or Barca so we dont want him.

EH? Makoun wasnt wanted by them, but i want him, likewise Adam, Young, Milner etc.... have a word.

FFS read the post instead of jumping in when you don't know what im trying to say. I was arguing about people saying that because torres and bent have similar scoring records then they are a similar class of player..

This caught my eye & made me chuckle....from a Villa fan...

"Apparently Bent was swayed by the Birmingham club's promise of running water, electricity and hot meals. The North East club never really stood a chance when reassimilation into civilised society was used as a bargaining tool"

Cumbria, County Durham & some areas of the NE have to be amougst the most lovliest places to live anywhere in the country!

Bent is from Cambridge, maybe he wanted to move closer to there?

Wow this sell to buy policy is certainly turning out to be exciting hey :D

I think this has to be the first transfer window in quite a while I`ve been excited about it in a long while.

Good price for a proven Premier League striker, much rather that than 8mill+ on an unproven "Bentinhio" we need goals and fast.

Makes me chuckle at the people on the radio saying "I could understand it if he went to a top 6 Club" amazing truly amazing :bonk:

SSN sayin its installments,,,if thats the case then surely thats a p**s take?we all get excited and turns out we offering so much each season,,i was well excited earlier and thinkin great at last a reason to back houllier n lerner,,but i dont know feels abit like we bein made to look a mickey mouse club

and that idiot at sunderland workin for sky sports news needs a smack in the mouth the mug,,why dont he just say to bent look pal,,join a top 4 club u can bend me over,obvious the c*ck dont want him to join villa

The deal is done for me. Has been as soon as he handed in the transfer request IMO.

Young and Downing, on the other hand, is something which definitely does concern me. But, strangely enough, I get the impression that Downing would be most likely to want away. Young, on the other hand, has always given 100% to the club and would have gone years ago if financial gain was his one and only motive. OK, he's not signed a new contract as yet, but who's to say the new players and brighter prospects won't persuade him to put pen to paper in the summer (or before preferably)? We can but hope.

Anyone else ridiculously excited about this team?

--------------Friedel----------------

Walker---Dunne--Clarke---Warnock

--------------NRC---------------------

Albrighton-Makoun------Young-----

--------Agbonlahor--Bent-----------

UTV!!

Wasn't expecting to come home to this.

I wanted Bent years back, before he went to Spurs, but there we are, £24m is a hell of a lot of money but the boy is 26 and he is a guaranteed goalscorer; not too many of those around.

This is turning into, potentially, a very very good transfer window indeed.

He will be a very good signing if this goes through BUT if it really is 18 million possibly rising to 24 we have been well and truly shafted imo although im not going to complain because its not my money :D
We haven't been shafted at all. Just because his name is Darren Bent and not Redin Zukaku doesn't mean he isn't worth at least half as much as two strikers he's currently 1 goal behind in the Premier League scoring charts since 2005, which includes spending a proportion of that on the bench at Spurs.

If anything he's worth more than £18 million and if we have got him for that price then it's a bloody good deal.

If it gets to 24 million I don't care what anyone says, we have been shafted. Liverpool paid around 22 million for torres... anyway like I said I think bent would do well here and will score goals and i am not against us signing him

Bent and Torres have very similar records and Torres was purchased pre-Man City and nearly 4 years ago. Like I said, Torres sounds prettier.

Torres is also in a completely different league to Bent im afraid

Yep, such a lovely foreign name.

Read my other posts !! im not getting into an argument over torres vs bent because its just ridiculous. Im just stating that i think the fee is a little steep, im guessing you were extremely happy when we spent 8.5 million on NRC ?

and btw ill happily eat my words if he come here and plays like a 20 million quid striker, very happily

Why couldn't a reasoned debate be held about Torres and Bent? Is it because Torres iz wel gud on FIFA?

What does it have to do with NRC? I thought we vastly overpaid for NRC.

So far this season:

Bent 8

Torres 7

2009/10

Bent 24

Torres 18

2008/09

Torres 14

Bent 12

Prior to this Bent was attached to Spuds bench.

Do you seriously think Bent is not worth £18m? His goalscoring record is up there with Rooney and Drogba yet he's not old or a granny shagging chav. Get a grip, man.

Bent scored a lot at Charlton despite them being a bit shit, and he's scoring a lot at Sunderland who do not have the capable supply we have at Villa. Imagine Young, Downing and Albrighton feeding balls into the box to someone who can actually finish?

I've wanted us to sign Bent since he was at Charlton. The bloke is class.

Anyone else ridiculously excited about this team?

--------------Friedel----------------

Walker---Dunne--Clarke---Warnock

--------------NRC---------------------

Albrighton-Makoun------Young-----

--------Agbonlahor--Bent-----------

UTV!!

Who's Makoun? haha.