Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Collymore would reveal all at 7? :S He's talking balls at the moment

Yeah he is and talk about the kettle calling the pot black??!!

Someone else was our record signing goalscorer once!

I thought the price was absurd when I first heard the news, but having thought about it, it is realistic. Louis Suarez is being touted about at 17m and he has had what, 1 or 2 good seasons in the Dutch league and a half decent world cup? That's 17m for a player who may not cut the mustard in a top league. Bent gives you guaranteed goals at premiership level, even when he's in and out of the team. 18m plus bonuses is what he is worth (at least). Pavlyuchenko was 14m wasn't he? And he's only an average Prem striker at best.

Getting Bent for under 25m is good business.

I thought the price was absurd when I first heard the news, but having thought about it, it is realistic. Louis Suarez is being touted about at 17m and he has had what, 1 or 2 good seasons in the Dutch league and a half decent world cup? That's 17m for a player who may not cut the mustard in a top league. Bent gives you guaranteed goals at premiership level, even when he's in and out of the team. 18m plus bonuses is what he is worth (at least). Pavlyuchenko was 14m wasn't he? And he's only an average Prem striker at best.

Getting Bent for under 25m is good business.

Glen Johnson was £18 million and Lescott was £24 million, i rest my case.

Hope we got more than one chair ready think we are in for an exciting week 8)

Any chance of some names? You are being too secretive in this window, i remember the days when you gave us a full list of our targets!

Every Villa fan get put talksport on as soon as you can. Collymore talking absolute **** with regards to the signing of Bent. He doesn't have a clue what he is on about, his goalscoring record in his career was nowhere near Bents.

I thought Collymoore would reveal all at 7? :S He's talking balls at the moment

I put his show on just because of what he Tweeted earlier.

So far he has told us nothing we don't know already and spouted absolute bollocks.

I told him pretty much this via Twitter and he blocked, what an absolute flange.

Still think this might go tits up, i cannot help it Villa screw things up so often :(

Hopefully come through.

People asking why leaving, well fans racially abusing his mother and he gets his car wrecked when he spends time in Newcastle so the guy cannot win.

No worries, i have got it sorted.

Just locked Faulkner in the broom cupboard, and threw the key into the cut.

Done deal :winkold: