Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it gets to 24 million I don't care what anyone says, we have been shafted. Liverpool paid around 22 million for torres

Torres wanted to leave, and was moving up to Champions League level. Athletico had to sell him really.

Sunderland don't have to sell Bent, and know we are, quite frankly, desperate. There aren't many proven Premier League scorers available, and we don't have the luxury of being able to take a gamble now, and Sunderland know this.

Yes, 24m is alot, but if he helps keep us in this league then it was a good deal for us.

He will be a very good signing if this goes through BUT if it really is 18 million possibly rising to 24 we have been well and truly shafted imo although im not going to complain because its not my money :D
We haven't been shafted at all. Just because his name is Darren Bent and not Redin Zukaku doesn't mean he isn't worth at least half as much as two strikers he's currently 1 goal behind in the Premier League scoring charts since 2005, which includes spending a proportion of that on the bench at Spurs.

If anything he's worth more than £18 million and if we have got him for that price then it's a bloody good deal.

If it gets to 24 million I don't care what anyone says, we have been shafted. Liverpool paid around 22 million for torres... anyway like I said I think bent would do well here and will score goals and i am not against us signing him

Bent and Torres have very similar records and Torres was purchased pre-Man City and nearly 4 years ago. Like I said, Torres sounds prettier.

Torres is also in a completely different league to Bent im afraid

He will be a very good signing if this goes through BUT if it really is 18 million possibly rising to 24 we have been well and truly shafted imo although im not going to complain because its not my money :D
We haven't been shafted at all. Just because his name is Darren Bent and not Redin Zukaku doesn't mean he isn't worth at least half as much as two strikers he's currently 1 goal behind in the Premier League scoring charts since 2005, which includes spending a proportion of that on the bench at Spurs.

If anything he's worth more than £18 million and if we have got him for that price then it's a bloody good deal.

If it gets to 24 million I don't care what anyone says, we have been shafted. Liverpool paid around 22 million for torres... anyway like I said I think bent would do well here and will score goals and i am not against us signing him

Bent is what he is which is a goalscorer, i'll be sad to see him go, but thats football.

You think you are being had at £24 Million

Well what are your chances of being relegated this year, I don't honestly know because I haven't seen enough of your team?

If you think you are going to be involved in the scrap, whats the prem worth to you as a club?

If Bent's goals ( and lets be clear on this he will score a fair few) ensure you survive, trust me the price is cheap.

All this talk about us getting shafted... Would you take a shafting to get Villa up the league and challenging for CL with a 20 a season striker!? I would.

as excited as i am by this i'm also a little concerned as to where it leaves us in other areas:

will Downing have to leave to balance the books? hope not.

do we still have money to strengthen other important areas such as LB & CB? hope so.

and where does this leave Gabby? on the wing? hope not.

aside from those points it'd be great if this goes through, i'd love to see Bent in a Villa shirt. not sure about having 'Bent' on the back of my Villa shirt mind.

You gotta love Makouns jumper.

I know GH gets a lot of stick but he means busines. Makoun, Fofana, Walker and Bent all could be and have be signed up. Fofana failed the medical which wasn't his fault. We could still bring in Adam. The guy is a work horse in the transfer market. Bent would be one hell of a signing. Man I hate January exams. Wanna spend all my time on here finding out about transfers!

what exams you doing mate?

I've just done an AS level maths.

Maths degree lol

I'd like to add although im arguing about the price im not arguing about the player, he will get goals at whatever club he is at and he will do well here as he will finish off the chances that are often squandered. And for once i will be confident when he goes 1 on 1 with the keeper unlike gabby.

How about

"]---------------------Bent------------------------

Young--------------------------------Albrighton

----------------------Adam

-------------Makoun----Delph---------------

"IT'S JUST LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL!!!!!!"

Bent is what he is which is a goalscorer, i'll be sad to see him go, but thats football.

Well what are your chances of being relegated this year, I don't honestly know because I haven't seen enough of your team?

If you think you are going to be involved in the scrap, whats the prem worth to you as a club?

If Bent's goals ( and lets be clear on this he will score a fair few) ensure you survive, trust me the price is cheap.

I agree with you sunfan. Would even go and far and say if he joined in summer we would be miles higher in table. We missed a good few chances vs you guys for example over the 2 games

as excited as i am by this i'm also a little concerned as to where it leaves us in other areas:

will Downing have to leave to balance the books? hope not.

do we still have money to strengthen other important areas such as LB & CB? hope so.

and where does this leave Gabby? on the wing? hope not.

aside from those points it'd be great if this goes through, i'd love to see Bent in a Villa shirt. not sure about having 'Bent' on the back of my Villa shirt mind.

hope we don't sell downing although I can see ALbrighton and Bannan ready for next season. Perhaps he can go in the summer.

We do need a LB and possibly a CB. But I think CB can wait until the summer.

offload

Dunne

Davies

Warnock

Petrov

L Young (even though I really like him when he plays for us)

bring in 2 CB and 1 midfielder and another Side back (hopefully Walker)

Totally agree with you mate. To be honest, at the moment our chances of going down are around 50/50. Game after game after game we simply don't take our chances. We have cracking wide players and a creative midfielder with Young making things happen, but no-one can put the ball in the net and it's cost us alot of points this year already.

If Bent's goals can keep us up, as you say, then yes, 24m is a steal.

I assume you are a Sunderland fan? If it does rise to 24m, would you consider that good business for your club? Do you trust Bruce to use that 24m well?

IF this signing of Bent is a smokescreen because we're having to sell some other first teamer to fund it (Young/Downing) I'll be less than impressed.

It's been the Villa way over the years, one step forward, one (or two) steps backwards.

How's about just ONE STEP FORWARD for a change ?

That is unless Liverpool want to offer 20m for Downing or 30m for Young

Then i'll live with it :lol:

Bent is a pure striker, he does nothing else. So you don't bring him in and sell the ammo supply unless yer off yer head on meth

Technically Torres is in a different league to Bent, however goal scoring wise they are about the same. I would pay £18million for a 20 goal a year striker. Hopefully with Makoun holding the midfield and the defence starting to sort itself out we can push and attack more and more players can chip in with goals!

If it does reach £24m, the chances are that will mean we're in the Champions League. That will make it money well spent.

Players who score like Darren Bent rarely come on the market.

If Bent stays healthy, I think this is a real coup for Villa. He is expensive but you're getting one of the league's top strikers to come to a club battling relegation. Please don't take that the wrong way, I mean no offence, but it's the truth.

A brilliant move by Houllier.