Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Yeah this SSN bloke is a prick

Almost begging for other clubs to come out the woodwork and bid for him.

Agree, don't like him either..

Trying to sound like things are exciting, but nothings happened in the last few hours. If what he says is correct then that would be like 90% of all football transfers. Almost no transfers are paid in one go, i can only remember the Ronaldo deal being like this, because Man Utd stipulated it because Madrid had over a year to save up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone wondering why Darren Bent has slapped in a transfer request?

I am wondering if it is because Villas offer was accepted and he wanted to attract the attention of other teams as he doesnt wanna come here. just a thought.[/quote

i saw something on a sunderland forum about his car and bent wasnt happy about what happened to it maybe a prank gone wrong?

I am wondering if it is because Villas offer was accepted and he wanted to attract the attention of other teams as he doesnt wanna come here. just a thought.[/quote

i saw something on a sunderland forum about his car and bent wasnt happy about what happened to it maybe a prank gone wrong?

Just think Sunderland are trying to screw us here.

Thought this too.. but why would he be in Birmingham?

I live 5 minutes away from Moor Hall Hotel, put I presume he is at New Hall Hotel instead.

New hall is only another 5 mins from you then :D

Go on pop down there, that's where villa players get put when they first join, lets hope the so called ghosts that are there don't scare him off.

Well you gotta hand it MM on this one. Big bid for a striker, will send the forum into meltdown...

Got that pretty spot on.. 40 pages of posts in the last few hours..

If you're looking for meltdown though, check out the sunderland boards... my god its chaos..

Makes you appreciate the work of the mods on here, lockin posts keeping things organised. The sunderland board has a new post every 2 minutes, all about Darren Bent, impossible to make any sense of it.

Lets hear it for Villatalk and their version of organised fun.

Just think Sunderland are trying to screw us here.

Thought this too.. but why would he be in Birmingham?

I live 5 minutes away from Moor Hall Hotel, put I presume he is at New Hall Hotel instead.

Mmm, I'm a member of the Newhall Gym. Might have to pop down tonight..

I am wondering if it is because Villas offer was accepted and he wanted to attract the attention of other teams as he doesnt wanna come here. just a thought.

Villa's offer was rejected, then Bent put in the request.

He will be a very good signing if this goes through BUT if it really is 18 million possibly rising to 24 we have been well and truly shafted imo although im not going to complain because its not my money :D
We haven't been shafted at all. Just because his name is Darren Bent and not Redin Zukaku doesn't mean he isn't worth at least half as much as two strikers he's currently 1 goal behind in the Premier League scoring charts since 2005, which includes spending a proportion of that on the bench at Spurs.

If anything he's worth more than £18 million and if we have got him for that price then it's a bloody good deal.

If it gets to 24 million I don't care what anyone says, we have been shafted. Liverpool paid around 22 million for torres... anyway like I said I think bent would do well here and will score goals and i am not against us signing him

Bent and Torres have very similar records and Torres was purchased pre-Man City and nearly 4 years ago. Like I said, Torres sounds prettier.

Torres is also in a completely different league to Bent im afraid

Yep, such a lovely foreign name.

Read my other posts !! im not getting into an argument over torres vs bent because its just ridiculous. Im just stating that i think the fee is a little steep, im guessing you were extremely happy when we spent 8.5 million on NRC ?

and btw ill happily eat my words if he come here and plays like a 20 million quid striker, very happily

Why couldn't a reasoned debate be held about Torres and Bent? Is it because Torres iz wel gud on FIFA?

What does it have to do with NRC? I thought we vastly overpaid for NRC.

I think we will have overpaid for bent if this goes through.

Just a point about Torres v Bent, if they were both available for 20 million who would end up at the likes of Barca, Inter etc? ( the really big clubs)

Bent wouldnt be snapped up by Inter or Barca so we dont want him.

EH? Makoun wasnt wanted by them, but i want him, likewise Adam, Young, Milner etc.... have a word.

Talksport are currently talking to their correspondent in Sunderland who says "I think he will go".

(though that means nothing.. talksport are currently discussing the possibility of getting Rafael to snub Brazil and play for England :lol:)

Talksport really is terrible. I can't believe I am sitting here listening to fan phone ins. Some interesting opinions though.

I am quite surprised at this move but I am all for it if the management think it is the answer then go for it. The goals are there and that is what we need.

This would be a poor attempt at smoking out other interest for him. Maybe if Villa was buying for 13 million, but 18-24 million is too rich for most. Unless someone like Inter or Real come for him, I would guess most won't be willing to match that price.

He will be a very good signing if this goes through BUT if it really is 18 million possibly rising to 24 we have been well and truly shafted imo although im not going to complain because its not my money :D
We haven't been shafted at all. Just because his name is Darren Bent and not Redin Zukaku doesn't mean he isn't worth at least half as much as two strikers he's currently 1 goal behind in the Premier League scoring charts since 2005, which includes spending a proportion of that on the bench at Spurs.

If anything he's worth more than £18 million and if we have got him for that price then it's a bloody good deal.

If it gets to 24 million I don't care what anyone says, we have been shafted. Liverpool paid around 22 million for torres... anyway like I said I think bent would do well here and will score goals and i am not against us signing him

Bent and Torres have very similar records and Torres was purchased pre-Man City and nearly 4 years ago. Like I said, Torres sounds prettier.

Torres is also in a completely different league to Bent im afraid

Yep, such a lovely foreign name.

Read my other posts !! im not getting into an argument over torres vs bent because its just ridiculous. Im just stating that i think the fee is a little steep, im guessing you were extremely happy when we spent 8.5 million on NRC ?

and btw ill happily eat my words if he come here and plays like a 20 million quid striker, very happily

Why couldn't a reasoned debate be held about Torres and Bent? Is it because Torres iz wel gud on FIFA?

What does it have to do with NRC? I thought we vastly overpaid for NRC.

I think we will have overpaid for bent if this goes through.

Just a point about Torres v Bent, if they were both available for 20 million who would end up at the likes of Barca, Inter etc? ( the really big clubs)

Most likely Torres due to reputation and his experience on the International stage. Although we're not buying a player for that reason.

I am wondering if it is because Villas offer was accepted and he wanted to attract the attention of other teams as he doesnt wanna come here. just a thought.

Villa's offer was rejected, then Bent put in the request.

If thats true then it makes sense but I thought our offer had been accepted.

Its a massive signal of intent though however its looked at!

This caught my eye & made me chuckle....from a Villa fan...

"Apparently Bent was swayed by the Birmingham club's promise of running water, electricity and hot meals. The North East club never really stood a chance when reassimilation into civilised society was used as a bargaining tool"

Cumbria, County Durham & some areas of the NE have to be amougst the most lovliest places to live anywhere in the country!