Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Houllier has to take some credit for the point today undoubtedly, but I still think the reason why we have got only one point instead of three today is because he picked a rubbish bench and didn't bring subs on early enough. We're only two points off 18th. Today was better, but we're still in trouble. Let's not get carried away.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been his biggest fan lately but got to admit he got the tactics and the team selection right today, particularly the defence and finally had the balls to drop Warnock.

A great result just a shame we couldn't hold on - but I think any Villa fan would have took a draw before the game.

I think I read somewhere that Warnock was suspended for today (thankfully). I did hope that it was Houllier's decision, but after Clark's performance today maybe Houllier will think a bit longer on who to play at LB. This also might spur Warnock on to do a little better, assuming the rumours about him hating the Villa aren't true.

Well done Gerard Houllier. Got it right today. Massive game coming up now.

This. Picked the right team(although not convinced with Gabby wide left) for the game.

The players showed some resilience which is a great sign for the new year.

I think Gabby wide left was a good decision, he seemed a threat all game. I think Downing obviously moved right because of A.Cole....Young and Heskey are a dangerous combo together, works really well. He wanted experience, Gabby...over Albrighton plus Gabby's pace and strength to get around Heskey and beat Ferriera.

I'd like to see something similar against Sunderland.

Again though, when Young plays in the hole, we've done really well. It seems key to our success.

I think I read somewhere that Warnock was suspended for today (thankfully). I did hope that it was Houllier's decision, but after Clark's performance today maybe Houllier will think a bit longer on who to play at LB. This also might spur Warnock on to do a little better, assuming the rumours about him hating the Villa aren't true.

he isn't.

Certainly looked like the players were behind the manager today. My point would be certainly that we sholud have been looking at changes with 15-20 minutes to go, freshen things up and stop chelsea getting into the mini stride they did which cost us 2 points.

Sitting back on that lead like we did and hoping to soak up all the pressure was a bad mistake, but still it was great to see the team performing for the manager today. Houllier obviously waved a bit of a magic wand today.

Houllier has lost the dressing room, the players showed no commitment, no passion and no desire, Randy the same he couldnt care less about this club. To only get a draw at the home of the champions of England after going behind twice is poor. And what was Houllier playing at for their penalty?

He isn't suspended, he just wasn't picked - and thank god he wasn't, i bet he would've got a red with his poor tackles to cover up how many times he gets skinned.

Did you see my comment in the ratings thread, much the same :lol:

Houllier has lost the dressing room, the players showed no commitment, no passion and no desire, Randy the same he couldnt care less about this club. To only get a draw at the home of the champions of England after going behind twice is poor. And what was Houllier playing at for their penalty?

Likes dat sarcasm bizzit

Credit where credit is due. He got the selection and tactics right and the players were up for it from the off. To come back twice is fantastic. Can we keep this up? If so, we will certainly win plenty more games in the second half of the season. Thank god Warnokc was left out. I hope the rumours of him going back to Blackburn are true, then we can replace him with a much better french ( :D ) LB.

Credit where credit is due. He got the selection and tactics right and the players were up for it from the off. To come back twice is fantastic. Can we keep this up? If so, we will certainly win plenty more games in the second half of the season. Thank god Warnokc was left out. I hope the rumours of him going back to Blackburn are true, then we can replace him with a much better french ( :D ) LB.

Or try and get Jose Enrique from Newcastle. :-)

I'm behind the manager and always have been. I didn't watch the match so I can't comment on that but I do feel as though we're on the verge of a turning point - it will be interesting (to put it mildly) to watch the transfer window. Let us not forget, this is the team that MON put together and if rumours / speculation are correct then a few players have spit their dummy out of the pram. We're already seeing signs of a change afoot (Sidwell to West Ham for example) and I really do hope that we give the manager enough time.

I agree with the comments about the late changes... It was clear we needed freshening up but then look what happened when he brought Albrighton on! Almost immediately he cost us a goal.. Ok he also created the equaliser but it maybe shows why GH was reluctant?

Fantastic effort today & i think we were very very unlucky to concede 3 today as 1 was a "top 4 penalty" & 1 was a stupid mistake due to inexperience.. having said that they could have had another couple but then they are the champions on their own patch afterall!

That should go some way to restoring confidence surely & was very reminiscent of the 4-4 a few years back so for me we looked something like back to our best..

Just hope Ashley & Gabby are not injured for Sunderland!

Â