Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

I said sack him - and I still want him gone by the end of the season - a £20m bailout doesn't change that - we can't provide GH with £20m every now and then - because he can't motivate the team.

I personaly think Houllier(if he stays)will bring Champions League football to Aston Villa..The team looked motivated enough for me yesterday.

Bent,Makoun and Walker have been great signings..Releasing Carew,Sidwell and loaning out Davies,Lowry,Weimann and Guzan have been good decisions..The training coach is good,the scouting network is fantastic,the way he is not affraid to blood in youth is also great stuff..Just remember,this is the 1st Premiership season for alot of our players..Plus Houllier's 1st Premiership season in a long time...But make no mistakes,he is still a top 4 manager that challenges for titles..

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say too 'back him'. I think he came to Villa in very difficult time, and we had loads of injuries, if ManU would've had 8-10 injuries at the same time as Villa did, they would've also been in shitload of trouble. I think that nowdays crowds and the club owners are too impatient with the managers.

I got lot of more respect toward Randy Lerner not to panic and sack him when Villa was having lot of troubles, teams like Newcastle and Blackburn weren't even playing badly at all, and their owners fired the managers out of the blue - thank god we have Randy Lerner.

I said sack him - and I still want him gone by the end of the season - a £20m bailout doesn't change that - we can't provide GH with £20m every now and then - because he can't motivate the team.

my view too.

On another note, it was truly embarrassing to see the people singing 'you're getting sacked in the morning' start singing 'houlliers claret and blue army'

My belief in him wavered massively around our last game vs Man City. But yesterday was an epic performance, it showed what a boost a few signings can do and for the first time I saw a team fighting together. Perhaps the exclusion of the few bad eggs has also helped bring the group together.

Well they want to play for him now. There's been a couple of resolute performances interupted by a derby and what went on against sunderland I dont know. Every game counts and wigan remains the classic banana skin.

When there is no food in the cave the wolves eventually turn on each other.

Gerard Houllier has experienced a very difficult period .... a period that some managers with less experience would have wilted.....or in some cases walked.

He has showed composure and a steady hand.

No one knows if he will be the man to deliver our hopes, but his actions along the way will help us to know.

He has made a signing in Darren Bent that on paper is as good as it gets.

with the kids getting older i.e Gary Gardner etc the future looks bright.

lets at least give him a chance, and if you don't fancy him fine, but if he turns out to be the dogs wotsits......at least have the balls to say I got him wrong.

PS One swallow doesn't make a summer and we were heavily out possessed, but that will be a big confidence booster, I'm sure we can build on that and blow a few cobwebs away.

No preseason , a squad that is the very definition of mediocrity with over the hill players on massive wages , no chance to bring his own players till now , a squad that believes that the panacea for glory is to treat the football like a hot potato and hoof it as fast as you can say hoof , media fuckups of his own doing.

Oh yeah , he has had a hard time here but **** it , the season started with that comeback against CSKA London. He hasn't won all those trophies by accident , he is a tough cookie. Time to look ahead.

I personaly think Houllier(if he stays)will bring Champions League football to Aston Villa..The team looked motivated enough for me yesterday.

Bent,Makoun and Walker have been great signings..Releasing Carew,Sidwell and loaning out Davies,Lowry,Weimann and Guzan have been good decisions..The training coach is good,the scouting network is fantastic,the way he is not affraid to blood in youth is also great stuff..Just remember,this is the 1st Premiership season for alot of our players..Plus Houllier's 1st Premiership season in a long time...But make no mistakes,he is still a top 4 manager that challenges for titles..

You gotta be kidding me .....this is a wind up right ?

Loaning out Davies Lowry, Weinman, Guzan - were no brainers - there hardly decisions that make or break villa - and with Loans he can't go wrong - that doesn't make him a top 4 manager.

He is afraid to blood youth - Barring Clark - whenever the elder statesman have been available he's picked em - He purchased Bent - rather than Blood the youth of Delfonso (Right decision BTW - but don't credit him with bloodin youth'

If we ever touch the top 4 with GH - I will be very surprised - let alone finish a season there - his record this season is still worse than manager who have been sacked.

Pleased as I with yesterdays win - talk of the champions league is f***n Daft !

You gotta be kidding me .....this is a wind up right ?

Loaning out Davies Lowry, Weinman, Guzan - were no brainers - there hardly decisions that make or break villa - and with Loans he can't go wrong - that doesn't make him a top 4 manager.

He is afraid to blood youth - Barring Clark - whenever the elder statesman have been available he's picked em - He purchased Bent - rather than Blood the youth of Delfonso (Right decision BTW - but don't credit him with bloodin youth'

If we ever touch the top 4 with GH - I will be very surprised - let alone finish a season there - his record this season is still worse than manager who have been sacked.

Pleased as I with yesterdays win - talk of the champions league is f***n Daft !

Whilst I agree completely that Houllier will not take us to the champions league I think your comment about giving him 20m because he can't motivate players is unfair. We created chances before, with a squad Houllier inherited. We now have got a fantastic striker who can put them away. Personally I would say the judgement starts on Houllier from NOW.

Players seem to have woken up for him hopefully we can now push on. Still have doubts but one game at a time and three points on Tuesday will put Houllier and the team into a healthier position.

Very much what Hanky said above.

Signs have been encouraging both against Sha and yesterday that he is now getting 100% commitment out of the players and hopefully that will continue. If it does we will finish the season very well as the players we have are clearly good enough to be much higher in the table.

Houllier will come good for us, the players seem to be reacting much better under him now since the Chelsea game. 2 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss (when we went down to 10 men). Not bad for Chelsea, Birmingham, Sheffield United away, and Man City/Sunderland at home. Seems like a clever bugger in the transfer market too.

Â