415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if we sack Houllier and bring a new manager, with little time to buy anyone, who will still have the same MON loving players as Houllier, make them stop **** around in training and keep us up is also built on nothing but hope?

You're assuming that these players won't perform for anyone but MON and that's just ridiculous.

Put the right man in charge and you'll see improvements.

b6bloke - thetrees Are you warming to the idea of seeing us relegated? :o

Nope, but I will support the Villa whatever league they were in.

And I was pretty much done with the SKy foaming Premier league billy big time bollocks about 10 years ago1

Surely if we sack Houllier and bring a new manager, with little time to buy anyone, who will still have the same MON loving players as Houllier, make them stop **** around in training and keep us up is also built on nothing but hope?

It gives us a chance to have a say in our fate.

Houllier has shown nothing to say he can do better.

We can bring in someone who has something that says they can.

Sorry but the club shouldnt be run on what the fans say because the fans never say the same thing.

Houllier is struggling granted but when I hear Jol been mentioned or Benitez who have both just torn apart two very good teams its laughable.

It would take a couple of weeks to bring someone else in who would then need to assess the squad, any addition of new players would be rushed through. At least this way of keeping Houllier players have been targeted, the squad seems to have gone through the disharmony stage with only Carew, Ireland and Warnock excluded.

I do not believe we will go down. The summer is then the time to reassess this situation and maybe then bring someone else in. To bring someone else in now is a far greater risk especially with the available candidates and the close of the window would be near.

Also remember this mess is not just Houlliers fault, its the players, the board and the fickle negative villa fans who love a boo (wolves last year) and a moan.

I'd like to see him gone simply ebcause I don't think he's the amn for the job and others out there can do better. I'm also dreading seeing who he signs, as I don't think they'll be particularly what we need.

But if he has got to stay, then teh club needs to back him 100% and give him the money to improve the squad. We need 4/5 players minimum if we're going to avoid an embarrassing finish to the season.

You're assuming that these players won't perform for anyone but MON and that's just ridiculous.

Put the right man in charge and you'll see improvements.

No i'm not i'm just saying that the players will be the same ones who are currently acting up. Unlike someone on VT to read too much into something or put words in someone elses mouth.

I don't think I said the fans should have a say in how the club is run.

When I said it gives us a chance to have a say in our fate, I mean it gives Aston Villa a chance at rerolling the dice in our favour, because the current incumbent is taking us one way - down.

The window already is looking like it's going to be a wash out so I'm not overly bothered about us missing out on signing players. Besides which, this side isn't one that should be threatened with relegation. It can survive without augmentation.

It just needs to lead by someone who isn't a buffoon.

Two things

a) If we have been lumbered with a load of players on high wages that we can't shift - then why are Wolves and West Ham fighting it out for Steve Sidwell.

Just an excuse !

B) People make jokes on here that real life isn't football manager. Well I get the distinct impression our owners seem to think that is exactly what it is. They feel the likes of Sidwell / Cueller and all are not good enough as footballers.

Well i have news for them, football isn't played on paper, it is a team game and it is how you mould a team. I sent a letter to Graham Taylor the once slagging him off for selling McInally for 1m - whilst replacing him with a nobody Celine Dion lookalike from the reserves.

Result - we finished runners-up - playing to Olney's strengths.

We were a team of workhorses that gelled.

Question - how many quality players did we have when we won the league. We were Euro Champions, had a team made up of vistually all englishman, and only Tony Morley made the World Cup squad !.

It's how you mould a TEAM ! - and the owners don't get this.

He's gotta go now IMO, and the sooner the better. I hadn't formed a firm view on this until a couple of weeks ago.

We need someone to come in, now, and grab the players by the scruff of the neck. For once, I don't want us to spend in a January window as I truly believe that no matter who we sign, it will be wasted money.

We have a squad that is more than capable of staying up but I now fear that the damage done between Houllier and the players is irrepairable and he will not get the best out of them in the short term.

I'm afraid I feel it is all about the short term now. We are in real danger of going down and we need someone that is going to come and sort the **** show out.

As much as it pains me to say this, I think the best option for securing our Premiership survival this year is by getting someone like Allardyce in as I think he is one of few (available to us) that would have instant effect on the players.

we need to approach Jol or someone. Just to get out of this shit.

Correct. Scouring through the fixture list, we need to be clear of this relegation battle by the Arsenal game with Liverpool last day of the season. Now I'm not saying we won't get anything but at the moment I do not fancy our chances going into those last two games if we are still in a scrap.

The 'Do-nothing' style is a dangerous style of management if you ask me. We haven't adapted to the changes that have been made with Houllier. I am not going to harp on because I've said this all before.

Good to see 19% of people have never won a game of cluedo.

I see the ones that want houllier to stay are doing what they do best, blaming everyone else.

Even if we don't go down what's the point in keeping him. He's already showed me that he's not gonna be able to improve on what we did under MON at any point.

I don't care what the board say, he keeps losing and he's gone. Houllier will not be in charge by the end of the season.

Actually unless I am wrong there may be a glimmer of hope here.

Faulkner and Lerner haven't actually said a word. GH has told the media that he still has their support. - Almost as though he is conducting his own vote of confidence.

Faulkner and Lerner haven't actually said a word. GH has told the media that he still has their support. - Almost as though he is conducting his own vote of confidence.

Unfortunately you are wrong. A 'senior source' at the club - Faulkner I should imagine - has told Sky/BBC that they are 'totally behind' Houllier (insert your knife/hatchet jokes here).

My beleif is that Houllier sold the board his vision:-

Young players

Foreign players - scouted from GH'S CONTACTS

Cheaper transfer fees and wages as a result of these young foreign kids

Revultionise the training methods

Revolultionise the scouting system

It seems to me the board are so taken with the vision - of a better team on greatly reduced costs - they just can not see that Houllier is 'blagging it' - the Nirvana they hope for doesn't exist. -

Yes we will get the costs down - at the cost of premier league football.

In the context that Houllier was probably the only prominent applicant on the shortlist then what what would anyone else have done?

Unfortunately you are wrong. A 'senior source' at the club - Faulkner I should imagine - has told Sky/BBC that they are 'totally behind' Houllier (insert your knife/hatchet jokes here).

I wish Doug was right behind him. :evil:

Well, Houlier is here to stay now. Randy is backing him.

So, come on then Randy show us the colour of your money. You either back him with the money Houlier needs to improve this squad or lose your credibility. Dont be a Doug Ellis Mk 2

Its make or break time. If Villa go down or even continue in a relegation fight to the end of the season, there'll only be one man to blame.

Â