1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mat Kendrick

#avfc Houllier was reassured by chief executive about his job at the end and insists he has 'firm' backing of Randy Lerner

Not only is he risking the future of our football team but he is also going to come close to losing the backing of the fans if he isn't careful. We all know once the backing has gone too it is seriously hard to get back.

I put th epost up who is to blame - I voted Lerner - I still believe it is Lerner.

Lerner or Faulkner? Lets face it (and this could well be a coincidence so I'm not pointing the finger), it's all gone tits up since he was appointed.

Faulkner was appointed Chief Operating Officer in May 2008.

Things were going pretty good until August 2010.

Was he not appointed CEO in May 2010? (I'm not quite sure of my facts on this one)

Yeah he was, but I've always been of the impression that was merely a title bump rather than an increase of responsibility.

Are you awake !

You think it is basically bollocks that people think we may go down.

We are one point off the bottom - come mid January you know !.

It is very likely we will be bottom going in February - as Blues away - no chance, Wigan away - jesus don't bare thinking about.

If we are bottom in February mate - we WILL go down, tell me how many teamsave beat relegation from that point !

Wake up for god sake !

I think if he loses to Blues he's gone! It's that simple.

Sadly I don't think there is an if about it.

I also can't see us beating Sheff Utd this weekend which quite frankly given more pressing issues a cup run means **** all anyway.

I put th epost up who is to blame - I voted Lerner - I still believe it is Lerner.

I was no MON lover, but there MUST have been a reason he walked out - I don't give a toss what Mr Krulak says - something happened to make him walk.

However, who ever was to blame, it doesn't hide the fact, Houllier took over a squad that finished top 6 thre years running minus one player.

I expected a small blip - maybe a 10th place, but BOTTOM 3 !!! - that is indefensible.

It is clear he isn't up to the job, its just now a case of who is.

Time to go, get rid of McAllister with him, put K.Mac in charge with Cowans for the cup game then go and get a manager who can use 3 weeks of the window to buy someone.

Allardyce, Jol , even MON - but we need something to happen that is for sure, or else, I will have my wish - I always wanted to go to Hull, never got there, I'll have my chance next season thats for sure

He walked out because he was denied the opportunity to buy his way out of the mess he had bought.....he over paid on dross half of them can't even apply the fundamentals like controlling the ball.

when he left he ripped the heart out of the club.....most seen him as a man of integrity.....a man who had built a team that finished 6-6-6 would not have walked in the manner he did.....he should have stayed and finished what he started..... was he so prickly that a little contretemps with the chairman would let him leave his band of merry men behind....he obviously had time to rally his loyal subjects in to throwing the towel in too as if that wasn't by design.

I think the players loyalty has been rocked by O'Neills departure and its created a broadside.

No it was a dispicable thing to do to create maximum collateral damage to the club and he has succeeded.

This self-fulfilling prophecy of us going down is a bit ridiculous.

It's a distinct possibility unfortunatly. We can all try and get away from it but we are in the relegation zone for the first time since who knows when?

I'm bemused by that Houllier interview if I'm honest. He seems to act like we dominated the game and results have been decent really. A man with no troubles if you like.

What do you want him to say?

Goodbye.

Did he really say "Had we won they would be chanting my name"?

WTF?!

Yes we would...Results mean everything.

No they don't. Even if he won his next 5 games it wouldn't change my view of the man and I wouldn't be singing his name.

I'm with you Trent..

THIS IS OUR WORST SEASON IN PREM HISTORY AFTER 21 GAMES!........ NOT EVEN DOL OR GT2 WERE THIS BAD...... NEVER HAVE ASTON VILLA BEEN IN THE BOTTOM 3 IN THE 2ND HALF OF A PREM SEASON.... NEVER HAS A PREM TEAM BEEN IN THE BOTTOM 3 AFTER 21 GAMES FOLLOWING A TOP 6 SEASON.....NEVER HAVE WE HAD 3 MIDLAND CLUBS ABOVE US IN THE LEAGUE AT THIS STAGE..... NEVER HAVE I FELT THIS LOW FOLLOWING ASTON VILLA....

prior to the prem teams had up and down seasons without long standing damage.... but this season could destroy us.... and I just don't think a couple of yanks and a frenchman have the guts/know how to save us.......

Is Sid immune from criticism for the situation we're in?

Personally, I'm holding Houllier, MacAllister and Cowans responsible. There's no room for sentiment and they should all go. That's the risk Sid took when he accepted the job and, as much as I love admire and respect him as a player and clubman, we need a full clear out.

To be fair to these comments by GH. Right up until Heskey getting sent off people WERE chanting Houllier's name and chanting 'Houlliers Claret Army'. Heskey gets sent off, beardsley gets a goal and within 5 minutes the same fans were chanting 'Sacked in the Morning'.

It was understandable of him to think if we won the game the Houlliers Claret Army chants would have continued.

For the record, I was going to post exactly this...

Our fans were singing it at Chelsea on Sunday aswell.

Mat Kendrick

#avfc Houllier was reassured by chief executive about his job at the end and insists he has 'firm' backing of Randy Lerner

Not only is he risking the future of our football team but he is also going to come close to losing the backing of the fans if he isn't careful. We all know once the backing has gone too it is seriously hard to get back.

Are you talking about Houllier or Lerner here?

Yes let's all blame MON who has not managed a single game. Is it MON's fault that Houllier wouldnt be able to manage himself out of a paper bag never mind the team. I was at the game today, travelled from Manchester as I work away and for it to be 60mins before we have an attempt at goal is shocking. Seriously guys get ready as were heading down, other teams have proved they can grind results out, we can't and our manager comes out of his dug out 5 times.

To be fair to these comments by GH. Right up until Heskey getting sent off people WERE chanting Houllier's name and chanting 'Houlliers Claret Army'. Heskey gets sent off, beardsley gets a goal and within 5 minutes the same fans were chanting 'Sacked in the Morning'.

It was understandable of him to think if we won the game the Houlliers Claret Army chants would have continued.

For the record, I was going to post exactly this...

Our fans were singing it at Chelsea on Sunday aswell.

Are you serious?! ****! I wasn't at Chelsea and I sit in the Doug Ellis so could hardly hear them singing (we weren't loud until "you're getting sacked in the morning!") but is that seriously how fickle our fans have become?

Seriously, that's **** embarrassing if true.

Â