415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How anyone can vote to back him is totally beyond me.
In fairness Trent, I still back him.

He must be financially backed in the next month, or we will go down - it's that simple.

I wouldn't trust him with the change from the back of my sofa, I can't for the life of me think what makes you think he should be given another game let alone money to spend in January.

I can see where you're coming from, but I just feel that if he can bring in a few of 'his' players, he could turn things around.

It's a difficult decision for Lerner, will he make the right one?

How anyone can vote to back him is totally beyond me.
In fairness Trent, I still back him.

He must be financially backed in the next month, or we will go down - it's that simple.

I wouldn't trust him with the change from the back of my sofa, I can't for the life of me think what makes you think he should be given another game let alone money to spend in January.

I can see where you're coming from, but I just feel that if he can bring in a few of 'his' players, he could turn things around.

It's a difficult decision for Lerner, will he make the right one?

Only trouble is the guy is tactically clueless and unable to inspire, organise or motivate a side. Doesn't really matter if there his signings or not.

With regards to thread title, I would not like Houlliers sack

Well the vast majority don't want to back him.

The cracks are clear. As someone who approved of his appointment in the begginning we need to consider a dramatic change. I'm no fan of chopping and changing managers but it seems the fans and players are against the present regime. However, nothing can excuse the performances and attitudes of players at the club.

There is nobody to blame but Houllier. These players have got more talent than where we are in the table.

Im sorry but the players are just as much to blame as the manager. How can they not be? Theyre the ones who should be doing it on the pitch

Disagree. Houllier IS to blame. You do not, repeat, do not grill your players to the press! These players worked SO SO SO SO hard for MON... why? Man Management! Motivation and to be honest someone who wanted the best for this club. Houllier will leave when we go down and forget about what happen between Sep 2010 and May 2011 and live his happy life

They all worked hard tonight,yet they just aint good enough..Its like trying to get blood from a stone.

I totally agree. Our football has been garbage for a while now. We have an ageing squad FULL of technically inept players - bar Ashley Young and Barry and Milner while they were here. The rest of them are so average its untrue.

MoNs timing was impeccable when he walked...he knew last season would be the best it could possibly with this lot, and got out with his record intact.

People can blame Randy for not backing MoN...but the amount of money he totally wasted on complete and utter shite footballers (we ALL know who we are talking about here) was unacceptable. Im not surprised Randy didnt give him more money.

Spot on Stu.

As much as I wish MON was still with us right now..he was total shite in the transfer market.

However, keeping some perspective, Sunderland are fifth in the league now. They're a decent side who played well tonight. Up until Heskey's sending off it was looking like a draw, which wouldn't have been a bad result. I never expected us to win tonight. A defeat is a bad result, but it's not the end of the world. We weren't good but we weren't THAT bad.

This is the same Sunderland team that we played off the park earlier in the season and we were very unfortunate to lose that game. We have fallen a long way since that game and I don't see it getting any better.

I think if we get rid now, then it's a greater risk than keeping him.

This self-fulfilling prophecy of us going down is a bit ridiculous. If we actually got behind the team and gave them a bit of motivation perhaps it might lift them a bit. Villa Park was like a morgue tonight.

And yes, if we'd have won, there would have been chants of GH's claret & blue army next match.

Tonight doesn't change a lot. We came up against a solid team and the result would have been exactly the same last season. We will win some and we will lose some, but the major difference last season was the air of positivity masking the problems with players' technique and technical ability.

I can back plenty of things but when you see bad tactical decisions I just cant get it.

Its something that I complained about with Mon and something that seems to be following with Houllier...lack of subsitutions at the right time. We should have made a sub before heskey got sent off, could have changed the whole dynamic of the game.

Sack him or give him £35m to revamp the squad in all departments. Otherwise we will lose more than that when we get relegated.
And who will come here that we could spnd that money on, this fool is taking us down with the players we have.

Â