Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

With regards to thread title, I would not like Houlliers sack

Well the vast majority don't want to back him.

The cracks are clear. As someone who approved of his appointment in the begginning we need to consider a dramatic change. I'm no fan of chopping and changing managers but it seems the fans and players are against the present regime. However, nothing can excuse the performances and attitudes of players at the club.

I was referring to Houlliers french wrinkly old sack. That's how I read the new title which confuzzled me.

No need to get all serious on me :lol:

I do want him sacked also if it means anything :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put th epost up who is to blame - I voted Lerner - I still believe it is Lerner.

Lerner or Faulkner? Lets face it (and this could well be a coincidence so I'm not pointing the finger), it's all gone tits up since he was appointed.

Dont start witch hunting. There's only one boss at Villa Park.

Well I know you claim to be Ireland's best mate or ITK or something like that so you probably think that gives you some insight into the club that the rest of us don't see. You tell me this though, what has Faulkner done for our club? Be instrumental in the sale of Milner and the bringing in of Ireland , advise Lerner to stop spending, be instrumental in the appointment of Houllier. All of that IMO is incompetent. We were far better off before he arrived at our club.

That first bit is unneccessary, for starters.

Secondly, he was instrumental in the sale of Milner in as far as he assisted MON in negotiating the deal that MON wanted after Milner wanted to leave.

Did he advise Lerner to stop spending? Show me..

I know very little about Paul Faulkner, but some of the abuse he gets on here is absolutely vile. I thought we, as a club and as a fanbase, were better than that.

You say it's unneccessary but it's not because you either do or you don't know something about the Milner deal that the rest of us dont? Do you know whether MON wanted to sell Milner? I suspect that he didn't. If this is the case then between Faulkner and Lerner they could have stopped that deal going ahead (which is what they should have done when we didn't have a manager in place, another example of his incompetency there for you).

When did Lernr tighten the purse strings? When Faulkner arrived. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I'm sorry if you think the abuse towards him is vile but I think he deserves it. He pissed about in appointing a manager and ended up being instrumental in appointing this loser Houllier so he is therefore partially responsible for the mess that we now find us in. Houllier is a large part of Faulkner's stamp on the club to date.

Wind your neck in for a second...

No, MON didn't want to sell Milner. Nobody wanted to sell him. However, when you're faced with a situation where a player wants to leave, is not entertaining the idea of a new contract and there is a club interested who have a habit of spending insane amounts of money on players, you make a decision.. MON and the board made a decision jointly to sell Milner when they were able to negotiate an acceptable deal with Man City. As for stopping the deal when MON left, that would have cost the club approx £5million in penalty clauses. In fact, I'd say it would have been incompetent of the Chief Executive to call off the deal at that cost.

You say we were better off before he came here? Well, Faulkner became Chief Operating Officer in May 2008. I think we've been doing quite well with him on board, up until August last year.

I put th epost up who is to blame - I voted Lerner - I still believe it is Lerner.

Lerner or Faulkner? Lets face it (and this could well be a coincidence so I'm not pointing the finger), it's all gone tits up since he was appointed.

Faulkner is a word removed.

This self-fulfilling prophecy of us going down is a bit ridiculous.

It's a distinct possibility unfortunatly. We can all try and get away from it but we are in the relegation zone for the first time since who knows when?

I'm bemused by that Houllier interview if I'm honest. He seems to act like we dominated the game and results have been decent really. A man with no troubles if you like.

2002 was the last time we was in bottom 3.

i couldnt believe that, i was convinced we'd been this bad under O'Dreary

We're in a relegation battle and Sam Allardyce is unattached. The sooner we get him in the less likely we are to be relegated.

So bring him in on a temporary contract? I don't think he'd go for it.

Bring him in long term, no ta.

Give him a one year deal for now, just to keep us up. if Randy wants someone that can move us forword in due course then do that, for now we need safety.

We're in a relegation battle and Sam Allardyce is unattached. The sooner we get him in the less likely we are to be relegated.

So bring him in on a temporary contract? I don't think he'd go for it.

Bring him in long term, no ta.

Why not?

He has always done the business with your relagation battle clubs..How would he do with proper trans funds and a bigger club? He has the fight and knowledge..Some players he has signed considering the clubs he has managed have been pretty decent.

Faulkner was appointed Chief Operating Officer in May 2008.

Things were going pretty good until August 2010.

To be fair to these comments by GH. Right up until Heskey getting sent off people WERE chanting Houllier's name and chanting 'Houlliers Claret Army'. Heskey gets sent off, beardsley gets a goal and within 5 minutes the same fans were chanting 'Sacked in the Morning'.

It was understandable of him to think if we won the game the Houlliers Claret Army chants would have continued.

For the record, I was going to post exactly this...

Mat Kendrick

#avfc Houllier was reassured by chief executive about his job at the end and insists he has 'firm' backing of Randy Lerner

If this really is the case then we must be bringing in some seriously good players this window!! Personally, I think Kendrick loves the sound of his own, er, tweet. In fact, tweeting is the new ITK thread. Load of old shit.

I think if we get rid now, then it's a greater risk than keeping him.

This self-fulfilling prophecy of us going down is a bit ridiculous. If we actually got behind the team and gave them a bit of motivation perhaps it might lift them a bit. Villa Park was like a morgue tonight.

And yes, if we'd have won, there would have been chants of GH's claret & blue army next match.

Tonight doesn't change a lot. We came up against a solid team and the result would have been exactly the same last season. We will win some and we will lose some, but the major difference last season was the air of positivity masking the problems with players' technique and technical ability.

I literally disagree with every single one of your points.

Thought you might :)

But it's my opinion. I reserve the right to have one.

Mat Kendrick

#avfc Houllier was reassured by chief executive about his job at the end and insists he has 'firm' backing of Randy Lerner

Are they **** masochists?

He has always done the business with your relagation battle clubs..How would he do with proper trans funds and a bigger club? He has the fight and knowledge..Some players he has signed considering the clubs he has managed have been pretty decent.

For the answer to your question, ask Newcastle fans..

As for the players he has signed previously, he has always had the spotlight shone on him and allegations of dodgy transfers have followed him everywhere he has gone. I don't want that anywhere near my club.

Faulkner was appointed Chief Operating Officer in May 2008.

Things were going pretty good until August 2010.

Was he not appointed CEO in May 2010? (I'm not quite sure of my facts on this one)

Â