415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we get rid now, then it's a greater risk than keeping him.

This self-fulfilling prophecy of us going down is a bit ridiculous. If we actually got behind the team and gave them a bit of motivation perhaps it might lift them a bit. Villa Park was like a morgue tonight.

And yes, if we'd have won, there would have been chants of GH's claret & blue army next match.

Tonight doesn't change a lot. We came up against a solid team and the result would have been exactly the same last season. We will win some and we will lose some, but the major difference last season was the air of positivity masking the problems with players' technique and technical ability.

I literally disagree with every single one of your points.

we've spent c 100 million on players and we can't control the ball. some what we have bought are right now worse than what we have let go....its a bloody mess and its been coming for some time.

I went to the game tonight and while it isn't right to expect a manager to turn things around so soon.....it would take a brave man to defend him.

2 centre midfielders off with 3 minutes to go....what was he expecting?

its a bloody mess.

I put th epost up who is to blame - I voted Lerner - I still believe it is Lerner.

I was no MON lover, but there MUST have been a reason he walked out - I don't give a toss what Mr Krulak says - something happened to make him walk.

However, who ever was to blame, it doesn't hide the fact, Houllier took over a squad that finished top 6 thre years running minus one player.

I expected a small blip - maybe a 10th place, but BOTTOM 3 !!! - that is indefensible.

It is clear he isn't up to the job, its just now a case of who is.

Time to go, get rid of McAllister with him, put K.Mac in charge with Cowans for the cup game then go and get a manager who can use 3 weeks of the window to buy someone.

Allardyce, Jol , even MON - but we need something to happen that is for sure, or else, I will have my wish - I always wanted to go to Hull, never got there, I'll have my chance next season thats for sure

We need to get rid, sooner the better, this guy has no passion for AVFC, and to be honest I wonder if he has any passion left for the game. He's been there and done it all before, he's our managerial version of David Ginola. Too old and too French.

This self-fulfilling prophecy of us going down is a bit ridiculous.

It's a distinct possibility unfortunatly. We can all try and get away from it but we are in the relegation zone for the first time since who knows when?

I'm bemused by that Houllier interview if I'm honest. He seems to act like we dominated the game and results have been decent really. A man with no troubles if you like.

How anyone can vote to back him is totally beyond me.
In fairness Trent, I still back him.

He must be financially backed in the next month, or we will go down - it's that simple.

I wouldn't trust him with the change from the back of my sofa, I can't for the life of me think what makes you think he should be given another game let alone money to spend in January.

I can see where you're coming from, but I just feel that if he can bring in a few of 'his' players, he could turn things around.

It's a difficult decision for Lerner, will he make the right one?

Only trouble is the guy is tactically clueless and unable to inspire, organise or motivate a side. Doesn't really matter if there his signings or not.

I suppose I'm just trying to be supportive of him (not that it's doing much good lol).

I just hope we don't go for somebody like Bg Sam - he just plays the same long ball shite that an ex-manager of ours used to play!

If Houllier does indeed get the chop, I think it's got to be Jol surely?

For the sake of my hair he needs to go. Watching Villa and Gerard will turn me bald if hes not gone by the end of the season. I swear more falls over during and after Villa games in recent months.

I put th epost up who is to blame - I voted Lerner - I still believe it is Lerner.

I was no MON lover, but there MUST have been a reason he walked out - I don't give a toss what Mr Krulak says - something happened to make him walk.

However, who ever was to blame, it doesn't hide the fact, Houllier took over a squad that finished top 6 thre years running minus one player.

I expected a small blip - maybe a 10th place, but BOTTOM 3 !!! - that is indefensible.

It is clear he isn't up to the job, its just now a case of who is.

Time to go, get rid of McAllister with him, put K.Mac in charge with Cowans for the cup game then go and get a manager who can use 3 weeks of the window to buy someone.

Allardyce, Jol , even MON - but we need something to happen that is for sure, or else, I will have my wish - I always wanted to go to Hull, never got there, I'll have my chance next season thats for sure

......Neil Warnock.

Lerner or Faulkner? Lets face it (and this could well be a coincidence so I'm not pointing the finger), it's all gone tits up since he was appointed.

The man is deluded, clearly deluded. If he isn't gone tonight I will be livi. A remarkable job I believe the General called it, yep that about covers what he has achieved since he arrived.

Listen to the fool

Just listened to him saying on MOTD "If we had won the fans would have been chanting my name."

Somehow, I don't think so, Ged.

We never chanted for Billy McNeil, Dr Jo, or GT MkII, and that's where I rank you in the Villa Manager Hall of Fame.

To be fair to these comments by GH. Right up until Heskey getting sent off people WERE chanting Houllier's name and chanting 'Houlliers Claret Army'. Heskey gets sent off, beardsley gets a goal and within 5 minutes the same fans were chanting 'Sacked in the Morning'.

It was understandable of him to think if we won the game the Houlliers Claret Army chants would have continued. and the 'Another poor performance we look shit' would have been replaced with 'If we can turn a result out with a bad performance we can get results and get out of trouble with some belief'.

Having said that Albie and Fonz at 75mins down by LowerTrinity/Holte looked miffed, concerned and worried - Stopped looking to the bench for a sign from GH to the point a Chinese Whisper across the fans from the bench to Albrighton let him know he was finally going on at 88 minutes.

We're in a relegation battle and Sam Allardyce is unattached. The sooner we get him in the less likely we are to be relegated.

So bring him in on a temporary contract? I don't think he'd go for it.

Bring him in long term, no ta.

It's a distinct possibility unfortunatly. We can all try and get away from it but we are in the relegation zone for the first time since who knows when?

I'm bemused by that Houllier interview if I'm honest. He seems to act like we dominated the game and results have been decent really. A man with no troubles if you like.

2002 was the last time we was in bottom 3.

What do you want him to say?

Â