Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

If City met the buy out clause of 250m Euros and doubled his wages, then I think it would give all parties some food for thought, but I think it would have to be preceeded with a few other star players retiring/leaving first.

City be a good choice for him as Zabaleta is his best mate in football and Aguero is a good friend of his

If City met the buy out clause of 250m Euros and doubled his wages, then I think it would give all parties some food for thought, but I think it would have to be preceeded with a few other star players retiring/leaving first.

He may not say so at the moment, but Messi has achieved everything there is to achieve in Spain and he may see seek pastures new in a few years time.

It could depend on how Guardiola's future pans out. I can't see Messi ever wanting to leave Barca with him as manager. I doubt he will ever leave Barca tbh.

Messi could do Xavi and Iniesta's job. Neither could do Messi's.

am pretty sure Messi is failing in the No.10 playmaker position for Argentina. With a forward line of Aguero, Milito, Tevez and Lavezzi struggling for goals.

Contracted till 2016 with a 250m Euro buy-out-clause, earning believed to be in the region of 250k Euro per week.

Say City offered Barca between £100-150m, would they sell? I personally think they would think about it.

Saying that, i dont think we will ever see Messi playing in the Premier League, as much as i would love it.

Could he do it on a wet wednesday night at [insert unfashionable generic northern club here] though?

am pretty sure Messi is failing in the No.10 playmaker position for Argentina. With a forward line of Aguero, Milito, Tevez and Lavezzi struggling for goals.

10 assists in his last 9 games.

Oh yes, he is completely failing.

As said, just look at some of the videos I posted of recent games, one game is where Argentina lost and tell me that Messi is failing. He creates chance after chance for Argentina, it's not his fault the others don't seem to fancy finishing them off.

In Copa America he played 2 decent teams and struggled and was man marked brilliantly by Sanchez of Colombia. Against Bolivia who are poor he was not great and did well vs Costa Rica under 20 team. They are only games i will go on unless his last competitive game before that were Germany didnt let him touch teh ball

His last competitive game he played was Uruguay, He was Argentina's best player, set the goal up and other good goalscoring chances as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Zo2HXmtjw

He as you pointed out is also being man marked, when that happens. It's upto his team to then use the space that should be available to break down the opposition in other ways rather than playing through Messi.

You fail to accept that Messi plays in a more difficult position. As great as Xavi/Iniesta are, it is far easier in football to be able to find space deeper in midfield and move the ball on passing. They do it to the best it can be done but it's far easier than getting the ball, going past 2/3 players, playing a perfect through ball or scoring a goal which Messi for Argentina has to do and of course it's not going to happen every game but the reason why these players are seen as the best players in the world in every single era is the fact it's the most difficult thing to do, Maradonna, Pele, Cryuff etc..these are all seen as the greatest because they are players who have to do the most difficult things in football, score and create goals. There is usually a reason why a team average 1.5 goals per game but 300 passes in a game. One thing is a lot harder to achieve. So the best at scoring and creating goals will 9/10 always be above the best player at passing the ball. As Pep says, it's what seperates the good teams from the greatest. Players like Messi who can turn a game on it's head in the blink of eye on a consistent basis.

• 2 weeks later...
lets see if he can do it when it actually matters ;)

Jesus. Like the champions league final?

for Argentina

Argentina can't enter the champions league.

Regardless you've already been presented with a load of stats, videos etc to show that he DOES do it for Argentina, you just choose to ignore them. Boring.

i dont ignore that he didnt perform in competitive games like he does for Barcelona. He was shocking vs germany last year in World Cup and wasnt great in 2 big games vs Colombia and Uruguay in Copa America.

i dont ignore that he didnt perform in competitive games like he does for Barcelona. He was shocking vs germany last year in World Cup and wasnt great in 2 big games vs Colombia and Uruguay in Copa America.
Did you watch the game against Germany? Germany destroyed them, no single player is going to stand out in that.

• 3 months later...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/individual-highlights-lionel-messi-v-malaga-2/

worth a look, best performance of 2012 thus far (by any player), each goal was absolutely fantastic, just an absolute joy to watch.

He now has 36 goals, 16 assists for the season. If someone had that at the end of the season, you'd be praising it as a brilliant season so it's astonishing stats especially when there is only HALF the spanish league played, as well as potentially 4 games in Copa Del Rey, you'd suspect at least 6 games (semi finals) in CL as well.

baring any sort of injuries, I imagine 3-4 games he'll be rested for? so maybe something like 25 more appearances, we really may see something like a 60 goal season, with a nice little 25 assists added on top. (although I said the same about last season in the opening post and towards end of season, tailed off but given title race isn't going Barca's way, I think he'll be playing high intensity right until the end.

I find it quite comical what Pele said about Messi. When he has 1000 goals we will talk.

Pele has a point when it comes to Messi at International Level, but at club level he is definitely on a par with him.

Pele goal ratio at Santos 1.21

Messi goal at Barce 1.39 (which is getting lower every single season).

Also Pele wouldn't play as many games now, the sport is just too fast and requires much fitter individuals than in 1950-70.

Still I wouldn't be surprised if Messi hits 500 goals plus in his career, which at the top level is pretty special in modern times.

just think maybe by the end of this year, Messi will have scored more goals in 5 years than Henry did in his entire time at Arsenal.

WOW

• 1 month later...
Â