maqroll

WC 2018 Host  

105 members have voted

1. 1. WC 2018 Host

• England
    • Spain-Portugal
    • Russia
    • Belgium-Netherlands

Its unfortunate that England and Russia are both bidding for the same world cup. Arguably the 2 nations who's hosting of the World Cup is most overdue.

I wonder if FIFA resent the fact that England shunned them for the first couple of decades of their existance? I know that was a long long time ago, but stranger grudges have been held.

I think FIFA dont like England because of their attitude. They were really pissed off with the Football's Coming Home slogan adopted by England. Also they dont like that UK has 4 votes in FIFA and would prefer UK to play as one country

I thought it was an excellent piece of investigative journalism and I've read Andrew Jennings' book, which is a brilliant read.

I couldn't care less who hosts the World Cup as FIFA is a corrupt, dirty organisation full of fraudsters and money launderers. Its disgusting how the organisers for our World Cup bid are bending over backwards to satisfy their greed, and expressing "solidarity" with exposed criminals.

IMHO it will go to Russia as they are not impartial to giving the odd bribe or two.

With Russia is this from your own experience of going there, or from those banners they made out about Peter Odemwingie. If you went there, can you tell us about your experience.

god its bloody awful. if your black you cant even go to a game because you could be battered. if your not russian you risk getting beaten up or even killed

never go there again, ahsame as the women are the fittest on the planet

The winner of the Eurovision song contest should host the World Cup....

I know this. You know this. But try telling the bigwigs in FIFA.

Sometimes I think they're just far too removed from grassroots football

I think FIFA dont like England because of their attitude. They were really pissed off with the Football's Coming Home slogan adopted by England. Also they dont like that UK has 4 votes in FIFA and would prefer UK to play as one country

I thought this too, looking at it retrospectively, that really was an arrogant slogan.

I thought it was an excellent piece of investigative journalism and I've read Andrew Jennings' book, which is a brilliant read.

I couldn't care less who hosts the World Cup as FIFA is a corrupt, dirty organisation full of fraudsters and money launderers. Its disgusting how the organisers for our World Cup bid are bending over backwards to satisfy their greed, and expressing "solidarity" with exposed criminals.

IMHO it will go to Russia as they are not impartial to giving the odd bribe or two.

I ve read the book as well. Couldn’t agree more.

Just been listening to Beckham big up the England bid on Radio 5. Fair play to Becks, he really loves England doesnt he? Certainly one of English football's greatest ever servants. :thumb:

Yeah, Becks has been brilliant. Knighthood on the cards for him at some point I'd imagine.

Been hearing alot about the sha fans possibly hurting the bid, does anyone think the behaviour tonight would really hurt it that much?

Just been listening to Beckham big up the England bid on Radio 5. Fair play to Becks, he really loves England doesnt he? Certainly one of English football's greatest ever servants. :thumb:

Yeah, turned from a 'debatable' England captain to then someone who once he was dropped, you actually realised how good he was, how much of a captain he was and how much of a leader with passion playing for his country he was. I love the fact he's still trying to fight for a spot as well as being a key man in our world cup bid.

Â